Author Topic: Playing any OLD games lately?  (Read 745 times)

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: Playing any OLD games lately?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 01:03:01 pm »
I finally bought Portal 2 for $2.15, so I might be playing that at some point soon.
Only took me almost a decade to get around to it!
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 06:11:42 pm »
It's good! Hopefully you played and remember the first. :3

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 05:32:17 pm »
Sorry to leave this thread hanging Pat, looks like you've been posting away. I've been playing Sonic Generations at the request of a modern-Sonic-loving friend, and feeling thoroughly unsatisfied with it, so I went back to Sonic 1/2/3/CD/Knuckles and gave them another go. I remember years ago Pat you and I talked about Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3, and you were saying you liked 3 more... can't remember why exactly but I have been enjoying it. 2 is still the pinnacle so far to me, and CD probably my least favorite of all of them.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 06:15:40 am »
I agree with you about Sonic CD. Never understood why people go crazy over it. It's still a good Sonic game though.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best Sonic game. You had all the levels and challenges to collect the Chaos Emeralds, then the Hyper Emeralds, and then you have a super finale.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56LQlcZqn8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56LQlcZqn8</a>

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 03:15:08 am »
I don't despise Sonic CD or anything but the level design feels like one of those indie games that uses procgen very badly and the whole thing feels like a jumbled thoughtless mess. I dunno, I just don't think mazelike momentum puzzles are the "perfect Sonic level design" you hear folks talking about with CD.

I'll start Sonic 3 over with Knuckles locked-on and get back to you. Sounds a little overwhelming with 16 zones and all the emerald stuff going on, but maybe I just need to adjust.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 11:38:41 am »
It incorporates Sonic 3's save system so it isn't too bad.