Author Topic: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...  (Read 1202 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Slinky

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2171
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 03:06:36 am »
I found a copy of Bleem at the thrift store when I was little! Being a bit younger than you the concept of a commercially available emulator available on a physical disc was totally baffling (I spent most of my free time as a child downloading Nintendo emulators and ROMs at the library to play on my virus infested family computer, and posting on here of course). Ended up researching it a bunch, really strange moment in gaming history for sure. Imagine playing MGS1 on your Dreamcast back in the day... must have been weird.

Offline PatMan33

  • Fable Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28771
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2020, 03:21:10 pm »
Been playing Witcher 3 pretty hard lately. Good stuff. NG+ mode. Though I think I need to sell my entire inventory of stored junk... seems like I saved one of /everything/ that I could have in the first playthrough and opening the menu lags the game in glorious fashion. :P

Offline Slinky

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2171
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2020, 02:32:49 am »
It's mostly been Dragon's Dogma for me. I find it a little more engaging than the Witcher.

Offline PatMan33

  • Fable Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28771
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 05:56:02 am »
The Witcher was less engaging ever since they took out the collectable sex trading cards from the first game. :(

Offline Yokto

  • Street Fighter
  • *****
  • Posts: 6254
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 09:20:27 pm »
That part of the game put many people off the game. Even the whole series.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

  • Fable Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28771
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2020, 12:22:16 pm »
That part of the game put many people off the game. Even the whole series.
I know, right? Pretty insignificant detail to get hung up over. The goofy combat, poor menu optimization, and the massive lag spikes in that late-game open field area would have been more useful things to complain about. But hey, people are entitled to be as weird as they want. I won't stop them.

Offline Slinky

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2171
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2020, 07:23:05 pm »
Certainly sounds like no one stopped CD Projekt from being as weird as they wanted for Witcher 1

Offline PatMan33

  • Fable Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28771
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2020, 09:01:20 pm »
Yeah that game was really goofy.

I've been avoiding anything on the Cyberpunk game intentionally for years now. Without revealing any real details, how's it looking?

Offline Slinky

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2171
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2020, 12:32:35 am »
Without revealing any details at all? It looks really polished and really innovative, but the promotional material (trailers, gameplay segments, etc.) is very scripted and cinematic, which is a worrying sign. Not like a No Man's Sky type thing (I hope), just... haven't seen any gameplay that looks organic. I'd say 25% chance of it being a Watch Dogs situation where it's sort of massaged to look presentable, 75% chance it's really ****ing good, like instant classic good.

Offline PatMan33

  • Fable Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28771
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2020, 07:31:33 am »
Cool! I'll pick it up either way so let's hope it is good.

Speaking of No Man's Sky, I hear that is now kind of worth it and the development team were good boys and stuck with it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ</a>

Offline Slinky

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2171
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2020, 03:44:42 am »
Actually, yeah, it is pretty fun from what little I've played at other folks' houses. They really went and added every single thing they said they would, which is unheard of as far as I know. I guess it was really just Sony ****ing them over and forcing an early release more than anything.

Offline PatMan33

  • Fable Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28771
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: PC gaming is kind of not great anymore...
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2020, 06:00:03 pm »
Doing a NG+ in The Witcher 3 and encountered a strange glitch. Apparently when you hit level 100, everything goes haywire and quest items vanish before you can pick them up. This is due to a bug in the game's code and is fixable with mods. But man oh man was it an irritating thing. I'd run into a room and make a mad dash for the quest item only to have it vanish just as I "use" it.

Otherwise though the game is a blast at very high levels. Heads popping off left and right and bodies hitting the floor.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhdrSiVXqTM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhdrSiVXqTM</a>