Author Topic: Inazuma Eleven is still awesome.  (Read 296 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Inazuma Eleven is still awesome.
« on: May 24, 2020, 09:29:25 pm »
Still playing Inazuma Eleven: Firestorm and Inazuma Eleven: Blizzard on my DS. Celdur will **** a brick when he hears this.

They are phenomenal. And the new game for the switch looks like it will be a total abortion. Avoid avoid avoid.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUxbrbAKfjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUxbrbAKfjo</a>
Okay but the DS games. These are like Pokemon on crack. They are soooooo ****ing good. The online aspect is dead but you can still do local multi and otherwise the single player is a blast.

The touch screen is the perfect interface and they allow you to train players and moves. You got that? Your moves also level up along with your players. And to level up specific moves you need to use them. This game rewards strategic learning and repetition. You train your team and face off in small soccer matches and then blow the big teams out in the real matches with your full team. One of the best series' of games I have ever played. Sadly I cannot recommend the newest version.

But there is a ****ing alternative, who knew? I'll make a topic about that game...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Inazuma Eleven is still awesome.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:41:58 am »
With Captain Tsubasa on the horizon I've been playing the handheld versions more than usual. Using my Inazuma Eleven: Firestorm team to help smash the Inazuma Eleven: Blizzard story mode. So far it has been very enjoyable. Think Pokemon: two versions of the same game with different players and some slightly altered scenario bits. If you want to get everything (and I do) you have to have a friend with the other game or simply get both versions. There is a super-challenging match you can unlock by connecting the two games together after both story modes have been completed. That is what I really want to try!!

It's just a shame that Inazuma Eleven: Ares (or is it called Great Road of Heroes now?) is looking a bit... cross-eyed. Captain Tsubasa will definitely be a great game and a solid substitute, but the Captain Tsubasa series and games are all a bit more grounded in terms of the wild moves and overall scenario. Inazuma Eleven is straight-up DBZ with a ball.