Author Topic: Got my SNES controllers for the Switch finally  (Read 331 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Got my SNES controllers for the Switch finally
« on: August 21, 2020, 03:09:37 pm »
Dude these things are amazing. They are everything I had hoped for and more with Mario Kart.

Really though, they are very well-designed and while the NES controllers for Switch are good, these are an order of magnitude better.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: Got my SNES controllers for the Switch finally
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 09:49:03 pm »
Slightly off topic maybe, but I've owned or regularly used probably somewhere in the neighborhood of seven to ten Gamecube controllers throughout my life, and the rerelease controller they did for Smash Bros Ultimate is still the best I've ever used I'm pretty sure. Better quality plastic (I think, I don't know **** about plastic but it feels better in my hands) and a cord long enough to actually play Thousand Year Door or Pikmin 2 without tripping anybody who walks through the living room. Quite nice.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 05:51:22 am »
Those controllers are nice! I've been using my old Wavebird controllers but have recently looked into replacing them. Something I did not expect was that the price of Wavebirds on eBay has come down a lot. They used to be very expensive but now they're more or less reasonable to purchase. And they don't appear to be knock-offs.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 02:12:28 pm »
Sat down and played some Super Mario World on the Switch. Was just going to play for fun but then I remembered how to beat the game reasonably quick and had it all done in no time at all.

Still going to go for 100% again, but it was nice knowing I could still run through the game in about a half an hour.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 06:58:20 pm »
Yo this controller is the tops. I highly recommend it to any of you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 02:44:29 pm »
So my sped ass is going to spend 60 bucks on Mario 3D All Stars (which looks kind of okay but I just replayed most of them over the summer anyway) all so I can get a set of collectible pins from My Nintendo.