Author Topic: The BEST Movies You Have Seen  (Read 46243 times)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: The BEST Movies You Have Seen
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2006, 05:37:18 am »
It's because the original SW trilogy and the LotR trilogy are so obviously at the top of the list theres no point in mentioning them. They're a given.
Uh. No?

The only reason so many people like the Lord of the Rings movies is because of the insane amount of special effects that went into them. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't think it's enough to automatically place them at the "top" of any lists.

Although, having said that...

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2006, 06:57:41 am »
thats not even half as good as this one http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/taters

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2006, 09:52:26 am »
thats not even half as good as this one http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/taters
*sigh*
Not this again...

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2006, 01:30:13 pm »
*sigh*
Not this again...

The fact is, when 3/4 of the people who see a movie like it, it can be concidered a good movie by the general majority. But I have never met anyone until you who didn't like the original SW trilogy or LotR. Now, seeing as I know a couple thousand people, that places you at 1/4000, leaving 3999/4000 who did like the movie. We can round that down to 3.9/4... which, being more than 3/4, makes them good movies. Ahhh, fractions are fun  :D

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2006, 02:00:33 pm »
i know someone who doesnt like star wars and LotR..in fact he fel asleep at the feloship of the ring

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2006, 02:13:21 pm »
i know someone who doesnt like star wars and LotR..in fact he fel asleep at the feloship of the ring

ok, we're at 3.998/4

still good.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2006, 10:31:52 am »
*sigh*
Not this again...

The fact is, when 3/4 of the people who see a movie like it, it can be concidered a good movie by the general majority. But I have never met anyone until you who didn't like the original SW trilogy or LotR. Now, seeing as I know a couple thousand people, that places you at 1/4000, leaving 3999/4000 who did like the movie. We can round that down to 3.9/4... which, being more than 3/4, makes them good movies. Ahhh, fractions are fun  :D
Ah, it's good to see we're using sound scientific evidence here to prove that LotR is awesome.  ::)

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2006, 12:28:28 pm »
You could also look at the fact that each movie in the LotR trilogy won a number of academy awards. You know, if you buy into that sort of thing.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2006, 08:22:57 pm »
it didn't live up to the book
not nearly

as movies they were good, but nothing like the best ever
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2006, 11:56:05 pm »
I could never say a movie is my favorite, but after watching Pulp Fiction, all i can say is that movie is that movie is absolutely F*CKNIG AWESOME!! no joke if you have not seen that movie go and get it and watch it this instance in case you die soon, you will not regret it.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2006, 12:03:54 am »
I could never say a movie is my favorite, but after watching Pulp Fiction, all i can say is that movie is that movie is absolutely F*CKNIG AWESOME!! no joke if you have not seen that movie go and get it and watch it this instance in case you die soon, you will not regret it.

Once again I am forced to point out the other movie on here thats F*CKNIG AWESOME!!:

HEAVY METAL

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2006, 05:05:53 am »
You could also look at the fact that each movie in the LotR trilogy won a number of academy awards. You know, if you buy into that sort of thing.
I don't.

Know what else won a number of academy awards?

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2006, 07:29:07 pm »
Layer Cake is probably one of my new favorite movies. 
The acting is really well done and the plotline is far from predictable.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2006, 08:11:49 pm »
I don't.

Know what else won a number of academy awards?

Hmmm, point taken. I still think LotR was a good triology though. The books were even better.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2006, 11:31:22 am »
Crash.

A really good movie. It deserved all the Oscar nods and wins.
It ties together really well in the end, and it makes you think, I guess. Necro should see it ;D.