Author Topic: 2017 Election  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
2017 Election
« on: May 11, 2017, 10:54:04 am »
The Britbong one.

All us Eurotrash waded into the American election topics and oversimplified everything and made a mess so here is the chance for the Americatrash to get revenge. Ask the bongs anything you want about our election and speculate wildly about the results and implications.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 10:58:37 am by Krakow Sam »

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Election
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:23:39 pm »
Who is Russia's candidate?  Have any party leaders been photographed eating trash commoner food in a silly manner?  Does the Queen still get to give the losing party leaders a swift kick in the crown jewels, or has that tradition been phased out?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »
I think at this point both of the major parties are probably fine by Russia since the Tories will pursue a hard Brexit which will probably help weaken both the EU and Britain, but on the other hand they'd keep defense spending high and being best buds with Donald.

Labour would probably aim for more unity with Europe post Brexit but Corbyn is openly anti-nuclear and has suggested things like not putting nukes in our nuclear subs and so on so the Russians. He'd also probably be pretty devisive if he were by some miracle to win (In  Brnie Sanders way not a The Donald way) so the Rooskies would probably be happy for a slim chance of the UK going into meltdown for a bit.

Trash food: See above, the ciagrette and the special brew are shopped but the rest of the image is real.

The Queen's kicking has only got fiercer with age.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »
Soo... What do people see in the conservatives in UK? They seem silly to me.

(Or is it just that Labour has been so much crap for so long that no one can take them serious ether?)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:13:15 pm »
I heard on the radio today that Corbyn's party's secret manifesto was released and it talked about nationalizing industries and other fun stuff. Also one party leader's car ran over a reporter trying to get away from the press and another fell down a flight of stairs. The BBC reporter on NPR described it as "Veep" on steroids.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 11:23:39 pm »
described it as "Veep" on steroids.

More to the point, the issue of nationalisation is mainly about railways. And for me, the comparison is between rail in countries with national/government led railways (i.e. Euroweenies) where the fares are cheap and the services actually work, compared to paying £40 to get to Nottingham from London and not even getting working WiFi (which you have to pay for). Nationalise these incompetent poobrain rail charters into oblivion, I say.

Leading country opinion ATM is "Corbyn is a big nasty red who wants to install gulag trains across the country, better vote for May who is a woman and therefore Thatcher :^)"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:37:22 pm by Plank of Wood »
the real saviour of this forum

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 01:02:39 am »
Haha British people are just as stupid as Americans. Guess the apple doesn't fall far. Wonder how Canada managed to make out Ok
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 01:23:07 am »
Wonder how Canada managed to make out Ok

And this guy was a replacement for someone just as dumb. Don't even mention the Australians.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 03:54:55 am »
Yeah according to a Real CanadianTM I know, Trudeau talked big during the election had gave out a lot of positive vibes but he hasn't really been following through on most of the reforms he promised.

Soo... What do people see in the conservatives in UK? They seem silly to me.

(Or is it just that Labour has been so much crap for so long that no one can take them serious ether?)

I can't really shed light on either answer. Not even the people I know who used to vote Conservative like them any more or can give any explanation for their current behaviour.

I guess a lot of the people who love May and want Brexit are fixated on "Nationalist Common Sense" above everything else and take it for granted that regardless of any other factors, a country must be 100% self-sovereign and everyone should support their country's actions and achievements *because* it's the best country in the world (rather than thinking your country is the best *because* of its achievements)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 04:32:33 am »
May is not taking a page out of North Koreas book now is it? After all that is North Koreans whole national ideology. Be self sufficient no matter what.

I am guessing it is good old tribalism showing it head again. Politics is more like supporting a sports team now adays then actual politics. Hmm... Maybe if I start a party all my strategy should be taken from how to build up a strong supporter group rather then traditional politics...
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 04:47:24 am »
Yeah basically between Brexit and Jeremy Corbyn Labour tribalism has been broken while the Conservatives can still rely a bit more on the tribal vote because it's basically only the better off urban Tories that didn't want Brexit to happen and most of the heartland Tory voters live in Hobbiton.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadIp_luKqk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadIp_luKqk</a>

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 03:51:51 pm »
I'd say Trudeau is doing okay considering the amount of time he's been in office.

The big one that hurt him was electoral reform, which i agree needs to be done in both US and Canada... and the UK. FPTP is dumb and he's dumb for defending it. But otherwise he seems to be maintaining most of his word in a good way. Better than our **** show, or Britains, by ****ing far.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 03:17:08 am »
FPTP would be a good system if we got rid of political parties.
Political parties would be a good idea under a more proportional voting system.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 04:17:04 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMI2tIGi1Iw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMI2tIGi1Iw</a>