Author Topic: Deaths and Near Deaths  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Deaths
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 09:50:45 am »
Well I have never done drugs or even drank alcohol. The first week i considered having a drink but needed to be focused to deal with all the doctors every day. While I can keep my mind occupied on other things I still need to experience all the pain and mourning if I am ever going to get back to "normal". Every time I have a big cry I do feel a lot better afterwards.

Yoss has been helpful in talking to on steam. I also have one person from my Caveman2Cosmos modding days who has been very helpful to talk to. My family is also of course very helpful but I know a lot of the time they get sad too if I talk to them.

I am just taking things day by day. I read an article about mourning a parents death and it said that the mourning period was equal to how much you loved them and they loved you back. And since I was closer to my mom than anyone else in my family I know it will take me a very long time for this.

My mom use to say "You are only as old as you feel, and I feel like I am in my 20's still!" So when we made the programs for the funeral we picked a picture from when she was in her 20's. And for her obituary we picked one from just last month when she went to a baby shower for my cousin's new baby.

Here is the online obituary. I also have a physical copy from the newspaper on that day. My sister wrote the obituary. And I think she did great.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailybreeze/obituary.aspx?pid=185140039

All I can say is make sure you tell your parents you love them frequently. I always did. You never know when you will loose them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:57:37 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Deaths and Near Deaths
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 07:20:14 am »
So now my dad went to the hospital because of having a heart attack on Monday the 22nd. He is alive and even out of the ICU. I spent the day with him. Hopefully he gets out of the hospital today or tomorrow. He is having some trouble breathing but overall he is much better. No more heart pain. I cannot believe I am going through this all again and almost lost my dad!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:17 am »
Christ, you're really being put through the wringer Hydro. Glad your dad made it through.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 04:32:32 pm »
My dad came home today! So now he can get some rest without being bothered and poked. I am so relived to have him here.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 06:28:09 pm »
Hoping he makes a quick and full recovery!!

Hang in there, Hydro.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 02:33:25 am »
Hang in there Hydro, my sympathies for your recent luck  :( Here's hoping smooth sailing for your dad from here on out.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 05:36:56 am »
Same. Glad your father made it home okay. I hope he recovers well.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 09:59:40 am »
So we took my dad back to the hospital on Sunday night. He is having trouble breathing, pain in his throat and leg. Not sure whats wrong, but atleast he was brought there without having to call 911 this time.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »
Hope its a passing thing, thoughts are with you Hydro hope you're doing ok
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 03:31:02 pm »
Yeah, hope he and you are doing well!
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 08:39:10 pm »
Good news he was able to come home today! So basically 24 hours in the hospital. He still has some pain in his leg but they could not find anything wrong with him.