Author Topic: The genuine non-trolling non-sarcastic "Say Nice Stuff About Each Other" Thread  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
I'll echo Brandon's sentiment about this being a home. I've been visiting this website since halfway through my twelfth year, about eight years now, and more than a third of my life.

I remember you as a kid. You've changed so much.

I love that the internet allows these new kinds of very personal friendships to exist without meeting in person.

People frown on 'internet friends,' but if Pat starts The Revolution and I have to pick 10 people to form a co-op / mob / vanguard with...

Well, I'll have never seen a single one of their faces in person.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:00:05 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Okay, now that I'm home and not on a phone I can make a legitimate post. There's not a whole lot I can say that Brandon hasn't said already, but I grew up with you guys and consider you very close friends - internet friends, sure, but better friends than many of those I've known in person.

You've all influenced my sense of humor, political views, etc. and when I was younger I looked up to a lot of you. I've never even listened to the podcast so I must have just been incredibly lucky to stumble onto this little forum. I'm happy I've gotten to know some of you outside of the forum, and for those that I haven't, I'd love to - so any of you, feel free to message me or add me on social media or something.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Do it, his hair is luxurious.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
This is really sweet. I didn't even see this thread.

I'll just say that I like you guys a lot. All of you. It's a good community even if we don't see a lot of activity, at least not as much as back then. It feels good to know I've got a hold of you guys on steam and elsewhere in case the forum croaks one day.
It's always nice to pop in here each day and read a bit, see how things are going. It's a lot of fun to see people dip in and out of the art threads. I don't say much but it warms my heart to see people enjoying their hobbies.

We've shared a lot of our highs and lows on here. I get a sense of honesty from you guys I don't get even from some of my non-internet friends. It relieves me to know that while we all have our difficulties that we're working hard and sticking it out.
It's been nice playing games with you guys. So many great sessions over the years. Infiniminer, bit of Left 4 Dead, tons of Minecraft, some Freelancer, Diablo 2, Haven and Hearth, and others. I may be down on games in recent times but I would still say it was time well spent especially with you guys. Games aside we also spent a lot of time in chat in IRC or Gabbly or whatever. Had loads of interesting conversations and moments.

It's been some good, honest, chill times. Looking forward to more.
If it weren't an expensive pain in the ass I would totes get everyone together in one place for a week so we could all hang out, eat some food, watch some shows, and other crap like that. :0
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
basically i think you guys are all cool and we should smooch probably
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
I forgot to post in here.

I'd often say, specifically about the old irc or other chats we had, that you had to be some kind of nerd to end up around here.  I of course meant that in a good way.

Given the subject matter of this place, to wind up on this forum you must be a creative, intelligent, curious person.  You'd be a bit of a daydreamer, have some artistic leanings, and at at least one point, be an idealist to sit around dreaming up stuff like we have over the last 10+ years.

Somebody called me the cool forum dad earlier and I guess I'm gonna sound like it now but I see a lot of potential in all of you, whether things are working out right now or not.  I think we're gonna be okay.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire

LadyM, I miss you. Thank you for setting me straight and teaching me how to behave on the internet in a period of my life where friends were foreign.

Thank you and I miss you too.

This thread brought tears to my eyes. I haven't been here as much, life moved on for me in many ways. It's been 12 yrs since I found this place and I watched everyone grow up. I made many good friends, met some in person and lost some along the way.

Since I've been here my kids got married, I became a grandmother, I got divorced, I lost my ex to cancer, I had cancer, my sister has cancer, I moved three times and I'm still single and sometimes lonely.

I wonder how different my life would have been if I'd never found this place. This led me to all the adventures that have happened since and I guess that's all because of Spore.

I love all of you and I'm so proud of you all. I love that you're all still here, you still connect and still talk to each other.

Keep it up  :-*

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
sup ladym you're rad
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
ladym ur cool

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Okay.  No snark.  I can do this.

You know, I can, and it's mostly thanks to you guys.

I came to this forum a very angry, self conscious person.  You helped me gain confidence in my writing and, thank god, improve it, and that was a springboard for a lot of the things I like about myself now.  And these days I'm positively mellow which, looking at the rest of my family, is a small miracle that I'm deeply thankful for.  I don't think I'd have been able to make half the friends I have in real life if I didn't make the ones I have here first.

I know I don't post here a lot anymore, and when I do it's usually some snarky egotistical nonsense, but believe it or not this forum still has a permanent slot as the first tab in my browser.  I may refresh it once a day instead of once an hour these days, but this place means a lot to me, and I'm genuinely glad to have known all of you.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Neo it was cool roleplaying in IRC with you when I was little! I'm glad to hear you're doing well :)

Offline Gec

• Defender Devotee
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
Gec, I am a huge fan. Please remember us when you're famous.