Author Topic: A Series of Unfortunate Events  (Read 353 times)

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
A Series of Unfortunate Events
« on: January 14, 2017, 12:32:05 am »
So one of my favorite books series from my childhood has been turned into a show on Netflix. And it's great. It's better than great. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or the show is actually really good, but I am really enjoying the series. It's about a trio of children who are quickly orphaned, who are ushered through a sequence of absurd (unfortunate) events by people in positions of authority who don't take them seriously. They overcome (kinda?) through their own unique skills and their friendship! The fourth wall is occasionally broken in humorous ways! There are loads of literary references! It has the narrator from the books! It isn't the same as that mediocre movie with Jim Carrey or whoever it was!

I never finished the series as a kid; for some reason I stopped reading at the 7th book. The show makes me want to go back and read them again despite being well outside of the target audience at this point. Maybe it would be simpler to have children, raise them, and use that as an excuse to read the books to them...

Anyway, I recommend the series. Heartily.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:13:15 am »
Yay, I got to book 10, glad to hear this turned out well!
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:43:35 am »
it's good
the real saviour of this forum