Author Topic: Help!!! Spore not saving at all!!! (Yes, I did give up and uninstall)  (Read 1280 times)

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Heyyy whatszzup!!! :3
    • View Profile
Okay, so I was finally done. I let go all of my data, sobbing all the way, And 100% restarted Spore. So, The first 2 times I played it, I was crying of happiness, cause after 8 months, it worked again. The 3rd time, seemed normal, and I went into my file in the creature stage and made it all the way to space stage! (In my previous version, i could never get past the tribal stage, cuz it did not let me. It crashed on the loading screen for the whateveryoucalit stage, I DONT CARE ABOUT NAMES!!! So, after I made my spaceship, Well, no duh, i began playing... But there was something really odd... Where it is supposed to display a photo of your spaceship in the corner, It showed a white box with a red "X" across it. So, then, After getting past the first 2 segments of the space stage, I decided to save again. (Last save was in the WHATDOYOUCALLIT stage, I ALWAYS FORGET ITS NAME!) And then, When I clicked save, It said; "There was an error saving. Spore will now restart and revive your previous save state." So I was like "Okay... I hope this doen't take too long... I mean... Its only in the end of last stage that I saved, Right?" Well... WRONG!!! My planet... GONE! In tears, I looked at my creations, and all the creations from that one but 1 were normal... My spaceship. My spaceship icon was the white with red x! while upset, I then created a new world. So, then, When I was in cell stage, I looked at the corner box, and it was the red x white box... So.. Something is fishy... So, I then saved, Cuz I had made it to the creature stage. IT TOLD ME THE SAME THING. I was so mad---- Please help! I already have issues!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( (This better?)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:18:26 am by SakuraNekoGamer »

:D ;D ??? :) :(

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Help!!! Spore not saving at all!!! (Yes, I did give up and uninstall)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 09:22:35 am »
Hey how much free hard drive space do you have?

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:14:14 am »
hey listen,please don't post in green like that,it puts people off responding

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 10:19:55 am »
Hey how much free hard drive space do you have?
Uh I downloaded it on our E drive, Which is almost empty, But our C drive is almost full, so cuz of the overload, I put it on E. Most games and stuff go on E. Our C drive was very small.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 10:22:50 am »
This is probably your issue.

While the game is installed on your E drive, the save location is most-likely on your C drive, which is desperately short on space. You're going to need to free up space on your C drive, it should solve some of your issues. I've just looked into it and it seems as if Spore is hardcoded to route saves to the C drive, specifically your AppData region. You won't be able to undo this without some serious work in the registry, and I don't want you tinkering around in there. :P

Try to keep two to five gigs of free space on your C drive.

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 10:42:02 am »
This is probably your issue.

While the game is installed on your E drive, the save location is most-likely on your C drive, which is desperately short on space. You're going to need to free up space on your C drive, it should solve some of your issues. I've just looked into it and it seems as if Spore is hardcoded to route saves to the C drive, specifically your AppData region. You won't be able to undo this without some serious work in the registry, and I don't want you tinkering around in there. :P

Try to keep two to five gigs of free space on your C drive.
MOST OF THE STUFF IN THERE ISN'T MINE AND I WOULD BE KILLED IF I GOT RID OF IT!!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 10:47:29 am »
Well, that's the price of playing Spore, unfortunately. If you don't free up some space on your C drive (or which ever drive your Operating System is installed on), you won't be able to save games beyond a certain point.

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 10:58:16 am »
Well, that's the price of playing Spore, unfortunately. If you don't free up some space on your C drive (or which ever drive your Operating System is installed on), you won't be able to save games beyond a certain point.
There is an issue, though. Uh.... So... My C drive only has 55.8 GB. Is that normal? When our extra E drive has 456?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 11:01:46 am »
Sure, that is fine. Since you have multiple drives, it probably indicates that the drive was split and the OS was installed on one part, with programs going on the other (E drive) part.

Those numbers you gave me, your C drive has 55.8GB.

Is that 55.8GB the total size of the drive, or is that 55.8GB the amount of free space left available?

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:36 am »
Sure, that is fine. Since you have multiple drives, it probably indicates that the drive was split and the OS was installed on one part, with programs going on the other (E drive) part.

Those numbers you gave me, your C drive has 55.8GB.

Is that 55.8GB the total size of the drive, or is that 55.8GB the amount of free space left available?
Total Size.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 11:52:38 am »
I need to know the amount of space remaining on the drive, not the drive's total size. How much of that 55.8GB has been used already?

I'd just like to be able to say definitively that at least some (and possibly all) of your issues are being caused by a storage issue.

Furthermore, if it does come down to removing things on the C drive, make sure you have a talk with anyone that uses this computer to verify what can and cannot be removed. If you really are low on space in your OS drive, you probably aren't the only user on this computer that is having issues.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:55:49 am by PatMan33 »