Author Topic: Spore wont start, even though I have been using it regularly for the past year.  (Read 1267 times)

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Heyyy whatszzup!!! :3
    • View Profile
Help! I need to record my thanksgiving video for YouTube, so I set my heart on Spore. I stayed up all night planning, and when I go to open spore, it opens, but I see the mouse cursor blue and screen black, and nothing. The intro never starts! Its just stuck there! I have sat there, waiting 15 minutes, to 20, and next to 35, and then before I know it, I have been waiting an hour! I have tried restarting, Converting to an older version of the game, but nothing works! And when I try to check for the files, to see if someone screwed up the files on me, it was as if there were only 7 folders, when I swore there were 10! Am I insane? Can this be fixed! I am not ready to flush a year's worth of work and progress down the drain! There needs to be a way to fix it!! Help me!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[

:D ;D ??? :) :(

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
You have tried reinstalling it and updating it? (IT should update automatic if you use steams version. I have my self avoided EA Origin so I can not say to much about that.)

Also go and look for you creature files and such and make a backup. If you uploaded stuff to the sporepedia then that should be safe on that site.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
 sporepedia is still up?

Blimy

also,welcome to the forums

You can introduce yourself here!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:57:59 am by Ultimatum »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
Yep. And it is still growing to.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
Impossible!

Why would EA keep online the service of a failed game?

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Well, it didn't fail financially.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
perhaps not

Just surprised its still around

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
Well I am glad that they still having it up. It is a nice creative platform. It maybe was not as big as we all hoped but still a game that keeps inspiring people until this day.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
You have tried reinstalling it and updating it? (IT should update automatic if you use steams version. I have my self avoided EA Origin so I can not say to much about that.)

Also go and look for you creature files and such and make a backup. If you uploaded stuff to the sporepedia then that should be safe on that site.

I dont have steam version. I have the disk. from 2006. No scratches. Mint condition.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
So have you tried updating it via EAs download manager? Back then it was just called that but it has largely been replaced with Origin now. I have not experience with Origin and do not want to defile my computer with that! >_<
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
So have you tried updating it via EAs download manager? Back then it was just called that but it has largely been replaced with Origin now. I have not experience with Origin and do not want to defile my computer with that! >_<

Er... I dont have EA download manager, and when i try to download Orgins, it crashes and says something about an error extracting from x64.exe
Idk what this stuff means!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
Do you have a 32 bit computer by any chance? It might be that the origin client you got is 64 bit and you use a old 32 bit computer. Though in that case EA should have a 32 bit client to. I mean they went to a lot of trouble making The Sims 4 32 bit over 64.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
im running windows 3.1 and i can play the witcher 3 if i put in a Myst disc and then swap it out with witcher while it's loading

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
slink dont **** post

god who taught you such bad habits?

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Do you have a 32 bit computer by any chance? It might be that the origin client you got is 64 bit and you use a old 32 bit computer. Though in that case EA should have a 32 bit client to. I mean they went to a lot of trouble making The Sims 4 32 bit over 64.
Uh.. How do I check that?