Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 4206 times)

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 03:17:58 pm »
Lego's making me want to go play spore again what is happening to me please help

After you reach the center you kind of go, ho hum. All the missions I get now are 'abduct an alien from a race you are friends with' type. The only thing I haven't done is find earth I think.

EDIT - So the experimental patch seems to be sort of working for my computer. I might actually get to play.

-Lego
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:28:23 pm by Legodragonxp »

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 05:00:27 pm »
Well, I played for an hour without any significant bugs or hiccups. Aaaand I'm done.

This is boring as hell, uses gaming technology approaches that were dated 20 years ago, and lacks any significant content.

*walks off to find the refund button

This is a $10 game you hope will be $5 on a Steam sale.

-Lego

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 05:22:01 pm »
Whew lead glad I abstained.

Too bad it's not fun to explore, I was looking forward to it. Maybe with some cash they can flesh it out a bit to at least make flight better

Cause Star Citizen is still far out and I'd like to fly a spaceship pls
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 06:33:33 am »
Cause Star Citizen is still far out and I'd like to fly a spaceship pls

Well you're in luck! Star Citizen has facilitated this for a while now. And only this. :u

**EDIT**
And look! Free Fly is back. Play for free, erops. Try it out and fly around.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/Gamescom-Free-Fly-2016
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:40:19 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 07:05:28 am »
elite dangerous is also ok apparantly

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 07:09:47 am »
"Okay" is a pretty spot-on description of Elite: Dangerous. It has more depth than NMS for sure, but the game still leaves a lot to be desired and I don't know how much more they can add to it to fix its problems without a major rebuild.

**EDIT**
Interesting and comprehensive reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:33:03 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 07:51:19 am »
Inkling already shared that link, Pat, what are you some kind of link stealer? Can we get a ban here?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 08:35:55 am »
*sigh*

Whatever. I'll just come around some other time and try again.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 09:23:43 am »
For real, though. This game could be great with some big updates and changes. Gonna be a while before that day comes.

Maybe I am off track with this, I don't really know. But I feel like NMS and E:D both suffered because of Star Citizen. Despite the negative hype garnered by SC, the other two games were still left having to play a sort of "me-too" game as SC's list of features became comically-long. And I especially think Elite: Dangerous should have spent another year in development. There was no reason that game needed to come out when it did and the backers would have been able to deal with it.

I've become very okay with games being delayed as I've gotten older. Just wanna play good stuff.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2016, 10:31:16 am »
Well it's good that you're prepared for Star Citizen to be continuously delayed. At this rate they'll barely keep pace with developments in hardware >_____>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »
I'm fine with1080p. I'm more-fine with picking up a cheap 4K card in a year or two.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »
With the wreck the NMS is I am half tempted to see if Elite:Dangerous deserves another shot. I mean, I played Spore again this weekend for about 12-13 hours on and off (plus a couple hours that were tracked because I was paused) and I enjoyed it even if it was dated.

When I last tried Erectile:Dysfunction I found that after 26 hours of play it just wasn't getting me 'there'. So, maybe I'll try Explosive:Diarrhea again, but I just reread my review, so maybe not.

People might not like what I am about to say but I really do not enjoy this game. I played Elite on the Commodore 64 way back in the day and my friends that do play E:D love it. For me? I am very glad it only cost $15 when I bought it. What is does offer is an incredible challenge to your patience and some pretty eye candy, if you can live long enough to enjoy it.

I put 26 hours in to the game before I gave up, I knew it would be tough, but as a regular Eve Online player for years this is crap. Top complaints:

Controls are across six degrees of freedom (X, Y,Z, Pitch, Yaw, and Roll). If you have a HOTAS setup you might enjoy this a lot, if you don't have one and are working with a gamepad you have one hand tied behind your back (that is me). You guys that play on mouse and keyboard have my admiration.

Making money:
-Missions, most are utterly impossible in the starting ship with the starting cash. You need to earn money and get upgrades first before you try them. They also have some major timing limits that require you to rush and distances that are ruinous for a new player who needs to explore the systems (running out of fuel a few times taught me that painful lesson). To be honest the game designers should just block them from new players.
-Trade, only reliable way to get money in pocket for doing something in this game, but the inter-station flight mechanics mean you'll spend a ton of time staring at a white dot waiting to count down to jump out of hyperspace (that is a lot of fun after a while, I can't tell you.) Inter-system trade can be slightly better (actually flying between two stars is much faster than flying between two planets).
-Bounties, here is my final straw with this game. When you kill someone that is 'wanted' you earn a bounty. That is listed on the left ship screen with the name of the system or group's station type you need to go to collect it. I've matched the name to the station and guess what.. you can't collect! Ok, let me try another station, nope! A third station... oh let me get jumped by an Expert or better pirate who turns my starter ship in to cosmic dust... again. Ok, new ship... BOUNTIES ARE GONE!

As an Eve Player I get the idea of a death penalty (I've lost Machariels and Orcas dozens of times), but this game has no good starter point.

The game developers should do the following:
-Flesh out the bounty system so that players can find the payout point (seriously, I earned a couple hundred thousand in bounties but could never find a station to turn them in, then I get popped by an expert interdiction on the way).
-Turn off or adjust the missions for starter players. The ones offered are not possible with the starter ship, so they should not be offered.

-Lego

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2016, 01:21:58 am »
I mean, I'd definitely give Elite a revisit if you gave Spore a revisit.

Heck, try the Star Citizen free-fly. You'll be playing a alpha that isn't nearly there yet, but maybe you'll enjoy it?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2016, 09:20:34 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It3S7TFTGo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It3S7TFTGo</a>

The real answer is to replay freelancer.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.