Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 4235 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2016, 12:01:53 pm »
THIS IS FREELANCER ALPHA ONE DASH ONE

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2016, 03:21:33 am »
Well I'm still playing NMSand getting a lot of of it. I don't know when I'll burn out but I'll probably get a ton more hours in before I say I have had enough.

It's also weird when I was a teenager there was a monthly Nintendo magazine "Nintendo Magazine System" or NMS for short so the appriviation still goes back to that by default in my head. Takes a bit to wrap my head around.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2016, 11:17:25 am »
Pat asked me for my thoughts on No Man's Sky. Bare in mind I've only played 5 hours.

I'm having trouble getting my thoughts into words, or the right words at least. It doesn't help I have /r/nomansskythegame and /r/nomanshigh open as well. Dunno how many times I wrote a paragraph and have deleted it.

I am enjoying No Man's Sky very much. Every time I play, each session has a 'wow' moment. Just today I found a planet with a rift in the landscape with a rock at the end of it that wasn't quite part of the landscape. Obviously a meteor had gouged the part of the planet and came to a rest. The meteor wasn't an object the same way outposts and ruins are, but part of the landscape. And that wasn't put there by the dev. Then I saw a flock of giant moths.

The game isn't perfect, and maybe I'm cheating a little bit because it was a very late birthday present, but there's something about this game that speaks to me. I want to see what's over the next horizon, willing to walk the 2 minutes that'll take me to that next question mark. I saw a planet in the sky and was able to go there. This is what I wanted from the game, to see new worlds and things nobody else will ever see, although I suppose they'll see something very similar. Maybe that was the right level of hype?

I really don't like the vitriolic 'Sean Murray is malicious liar who just wants our money'. I think I sympathise with Hello Games - when you're creating something, you compromise based on budget and time. Games are this weird medium where development can be documented through the entire process. Everything else, the audience sees either the final product or small little teasers. Like, imagine if GRR Martin released every draft of Winds of Winter every month.

I don't know. I'm having fun.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »
Glad I'm not the only having fun with this. Currently working on finding a better ship by hunting crashed ships. So much easier than saving money to buy an upgrade. Especially with how exponentially the price starts going up.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2016, 08:36:07 am »
I'll get it when it is cheap. It does look like fun, as a casual game, but not what it was claimed to be and not worth the $60.

-Lego

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2016, 11:06:23 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqHM9U4rS0Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqHM9U4rS0Q</a>

Look the other guys reviewed it.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2016, 05:53:13 pm »
The tall alien from Men in Black said what I've been thinking for a long time.  This was just a little indie game with a neat hook that got waaaay too much attention and couldn't possibly meet the high expectations it was given.  Kind of a reverse Molyneux.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2016, 05:56:13 pm »
Not really a reverse considering the devs most certainly fed the hype
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2016, 01:25:10 am »
A Reverse Molyneux is definitely a sex position.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2016, 02:53:48 am »
I'm going to name the next alien species I scan a Reverse Molyneux.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2016, 10:45:00 am »
Why? Nobody will ever see it.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2016, 11:49:27 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2qKAX_QaoI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2qKAX_QaoI</a>

Jim Sterlo

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4zlqpw/went_back_to_my_starting_planet_and_every/

Just to be clear enough, discoveries are being erased in chronological order. First system, second system and so on. It's not random. It's a pattern, starting from your very first discoveries.

Haha, that's retarded.

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently the servers are just slow.
Or something.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:14:55 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2016, 12:22:13 pm »
Apparently a lot of people are being refunded even if they're beyond the 2 hour mark. Celdur told me this a bit ago but I thought I'd just stick it out.
But no, I'm just not interested in this. That and holy hell, what a bunch of nonsense surrounding this game. I haven't even finished any of the videos describing all the weird deception and missing features because I find it all annoying and I don't want to have to care about this crap.

I just want good games, dude.
This isn't really one of those, certainly not at that price either.

So we'll see how the request goes. Even if I'm denied whatever. I can accept the choice I made.

EDIT: Nah, didn't work. Whatever.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:58:19 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 07:06:54 pm »
Apparently a lot of people are being refunded even if they're beyond the 2 hour mark. Celdur told me this a bit ago but I thought I'd just stick it out.
But no, I'm just not interested in this. That and holy hell, what a bunch of nonsense surrounding this game. I haven't even finished any of the videos describing all the weird deception and missing features because I find it all annoying and I don't want to have to care about this crap.

I just want good games, dude.
This isn't really one of those, certainly not at that price either.

So we'll see how the request goes. Even if I'm denied whatever. I can accept the choice I made.

EDIT: Nah, didn't work. Whatever.

See if you can appeal it. A couple of my coworkers were able to.

-Lego