Author Topic: DC Movie Mega-Thread! Direct Complaints Here  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
DC Movie Mega-Thread! Direct Complaints Here
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:04:16 pm »
For movies about superheroes that have already been done far better in cartoon form.

Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Movie Mega-Thread! Direct Complaints Here
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:30:12 pm »
I saw Suicide Squad this afternoon.  With expectations set really low, it was at least entertaining.  It wasn't good, but it was entertaining.  Waller was always the biggest badass in the room, Will Smith was the same as he is in any action movie, and the fire guy was cool.  The movie did feel edited to hell.  There was no reason for Harley to have been put on the team.  This was probably a better version of Joker than the version of Lex Luthor we got in Batman v Superman, but that's not saying much.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 09:20:29 am »
**** DC's **** movies. They're a cheap imitation of Marvel's success and until they release a single worthy movie in this ****hole of a series that is all they will ever be.

Stick to the animated shows, DC.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 10:28:19 am »
They're an incredibly misguided attempt to be different from Marvel's movies by being EDGY.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:44:44 am »
Wonder woman is going to be different,right?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:46:23 am »
haha
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 12:24:26 pm »
Wonder Woman will be different in that they bumped her back to WWI in order to not directly compete with Captain America.

Two mostly spoiler free complaints from Suicide Squad.

The Joker kept making this growling sound that I guess was supposed to sound crazy and intimidating.  It sounded like a purring cat.

Early on when a bunch of Pentagon people are discussing justification for forming the Suicide Squad, someone mentions a hypothetical, what would have stopped Superman if he had decided to be a terrorist, ripped the roof off the White House, and killed the President.  But in BvS the freaking US Senate got blown up.  There were zero repercussions from it in that movie, and now the government in the next one has completely forgotten about it.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 12:32:52 pm »
Yeah, if Superman turned evil we'd definitely need Harley Quinn and Will Smith to stop him.

Clearly they're the only ones capable of it.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »
Wooden bats are a well known weakness of Krytptonians.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »
[To be fair, regarding Harley

Her ability to manipulate was pretty important. I mean it eventually let's her save the day at the end and one could easily argue without her ability to manipulate the team and keep them together they'd have failed.

But yeah it was dumb. Growling joker was dumb. Too jumpy, villain was way out of there league (seriously where was anyone else?). Meh movie. Fun to watch though

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 04:57:58 pm »
You have a point, and I guess that would be what Waller was thinking.

She uses women to manipulate men, that's what she did with Flag and the woman possessed by Enchantress.  But that rationale is never given and it isn't really shown being effective in the movie.  Deadshot doesn't shoot her, but he already said he doesn't shoot women or children.  Would've been easy for someone to say she's expendable eye candy to keep the dudes who have been in solitary interested, but that would have been belittling to women and triggering, I guess.

But sending in Harley and sticking a bomb in her neck got the Joker involved and nearly got the team and Waller herself killed.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 07:37:53 am »
I watched it this weekend. It was fun, but rushed. The problem with the movie is that there were too many characters in it fighting for screen time. What ends up happening is that only two of them get to flesh themselves out at all and of course Will Smith, who needed to be in it to get any kind of draw in my opinion, ends up with the lion's share.

-Lego

*spolier stuff/rants/humorous observations*
Jared Leto has to be pissed, Joker was turned in to an exposition plot piece rather than a character. What little of his performance made it to the screen was terrible. Hell Batman had better character development than he did.

I didn't see BMvsSM, but for the love of all that is holy, please get rid of Ben Aflleck. Nothing about him in SS was interesting.

Clint Eastwood's kid got more screen time than some of the squad members and he had like 3-4 lines. He was the bearded 2nd-in-command soldiers of Flag's cannon fodder brigade.

The CGI budget must have run out about half way through. The Enchantress standing under the wonder weapon was so badly modeled it looks like a SyFy movie reject. The voices sounded like they were ripped from audio track of the Drej from Titan AE.

Hi, I'm Slipknot. I was added to the team without any introduction. Nobody knows what my powers are so I will tell you, I am the Native American add required by Affirmative Action to round out the Suicide Squads employment roster. I die right away to prove that the bombs in the necks are real. I'm am so unimportant that I am almost 50th in the credits, after the generic members of national security council.

Hi, I'm Captain Boomerang. I was supposed to be a High Jackman ripoff with a Batman utility belt of tools, based on a boomerang. Both are from Australia, in case you need help with the joke. The only reason I am going along is because of the bomb in my neck. I have a green card, which means I am a legal alien, so they'll have to kill the Indian bloke first.

Hi, I'm Diablo. I could have cut 30 minutes or more off this movie because Cyclops knock off, but I need to have this crappy back story where I accidentally kill my family because I work illegally to get money after I spend all my legally earned income on tattoos. I don't want to fight because I do not want to spread the Hispanic violence stereotype. I must wait until it is noble for me.

Hi, I'm Katana the token Asian. I have a cool sword but I dropped it for someone else to use because I'm just a bit character who gets no screen time. Since I wear a mask the whole time, they can replace me in a future movie and nobody will care.

-Lego

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 09:29:29 am »
Hi, I'm Katana the token Asian. I have a cool sword but I dropped it for someone else to use because I'm just a bit character who gets no screen time. Since I wear a mask the whole time, they can replace me in a future movie and nobody will care.

-Lego

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW47FkThbio" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW47FkThbio</a>

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 09:23:45 pm »
If anything, the movie's version of Luthor struck me as a very well funded Riddler.  I think they were trying to model Lex on modern tech CEO's, but it didn't work.  Luthor should drip suave arrogance and power, not be a jittery Silicon Valley startup.

Superman kept the Messiah Complex because the writers were hacks, and a brooding god works better than an emo boyscout.

I'm not sure that I know what the word agency means in the context you're using it.