Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee!  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
Re: Yooka-Laylee!
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2017, 12:08:06 pm »
Jon is being removed as a voice actor from Yooka-Laylee,and the move is entirely justified no matter what his defenders say,he aired his racism in public and as a direct result it has made people unwilling to associate themselves with him

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2017, 12:10:29 pm »
And that was never up for debate.

The debate (as referenced by Metokur's video) is about refunds. Some customers want and feel entitled to a refund and the game developers and publishers have been denying, ignoring, and mocking these people. That's stupid, they're presumably going to be making more games in the future and probably with the same Kickstarter-style model. Really isn't wise to poison the well, even if you think it is only a small minority of backers.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2017, 12:12:22 pm »
Well if that's the case then why did Metokur spend so much time basically defending Jon or trying to downplay his obviously garbagey views at the start instead of cutting to the chase.

It was a rhetorical question, it's because Metrokur is an obnoxious troll :Y
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2017, 12:12:50 pm »
Well if that's the case then why did Metokur spend so much time basically defending Jon or trying to downplay his obviously garbagey views at the start instead of cutting to the chase?

It was a rhetorical question, it's because Metrokur is an obnoxious troll :Y
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »
Yeah, you definitely answered your own question there. :P

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2017, 12:17:44 pm »
Ah, ok. Yeah, I started the video up again. I still maintain that the first half doesn't represent JonTron's comments honestly, but this refund thing is...more complicated.

1) If you pre order, and want a refund (for any reason), you should be given one. If you're gonna take a moral stand and not work with a bigot, then probably give back the pre-order money of people who are upset by your decision.
2) If you kickstart a game...it's not exactly like a preorder? So I'm not as sure about how refunds should be handled for kickstarter, because a lot of people do use it as a sort of pre-order service.

The blarble blarble garb garb part the video points out, that was tweeted by Chris (not Kurt!) Schilling, whoever that is: It's not JonTron's voice he's making fun of. It's the speech style in youtube.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2017, 12:49:07 pm »
Ah, ok. Yeah, I started the video up again. I still maintain that the first half doesn't represent JonTron's comments honestly

You are right about the first half of the video. He doesn't do much to properly represent what Jon said.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2017, 02:48:41 pm »
Lol. No one deserves a refund from a kickstarter. They paid for the promise of a game that was described. Playtonic could send everyone a $.50 ukulele and call it delivered, kick starter backers have no rights
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2017, 02:54:45 pm »
If the kickstarter failed then they would get  their money back,kick starters do have some rights after all to say so is entirely misleading

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2017, 04:29:04 pm »
Money back from who? If the check is cashed and company is out of money, good luck
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »
From Kickstarter

But since their kickstarter succeeded they wont get their money returned to them

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2017, 05:13:00 pm »
Oh you mean if it doesn't get the funding.

Well yeah sure that's not really what I was referencing though

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2017, 05:41:15 pm »
Lol. No one deserves a refund from a kickstarter. They paid for the promise of a game that was described. Playtonic could send everyone a $.50 ukulele and call it delivered, kick starter backers have no rights

Under EU law preorders must be refunded on request at any time until the product is actually supplied.

It's not our fault the USA is an ass-backwards authoritarian-capitalistic postapocalyptic ****hole where people have no rights and horrible things happen all the time for no reason. Blame the eternal yankee.

Edit:

It should be "hoard".
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:05:21 pm by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »
I know playtonic can do what they want and that's their right, but I'm getting pretty tired of people getting fired over ****ty opinions.
I mean, sure, if it's a PR person or whatever I can see it, but if it's anything else then I really don't think you should fire people for airing their views, no matter how bad.
Because all that does is prevent people from being honest about their beliefs, and that means they'll just keep it to themselves, and they'll never be challanged on them.
I think this whole fear of the wrong opinions is a big part in causing more people to find those forbidden opinions appealing, because they don't hear anyone ever refuting them.

Also, gungnir, please look up what bigot means, ****.

I think that debate between jontron and destiny was pretty healty, even if it was a retarded debate by all standards.
Jontron was bringing up the dumbest things, and destiny also said some really ****ed up ****, the difference being that destiny is apparantly a lot better at debating things.
But look at it this way: Jontron heard about this **** somewhere, maybe pol or whatever, he probably saw some dumb statistics on black crime or whatever while looking up **** about the whole anti white sjw fringe stuff or some ****. And yknow, a lot of those statistics are true, but they are coupled with dumb points about blacks being this or that, and he saw the points made, with no one to refute them. Whose fault you think that is? No one is allowed to talk about these hatefacts, let alone how they got to that point, or what's causing them in the first place.
Jontron is not a hateful guy, you can't blame the guy for having questions. In a heated debate people say a lot of dumb **** as they try to reach for some kind of argument, it's a lot worse if they suck at debating too. Please, don't condemn people for **** like this, its not going to help anyone.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFf7qwlnSc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFf7qwlnSc</a>

Also it's 3 in the morning so this is probably imposible to read, sorry.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2017, 06:28:21 pm »
"Whose fault you think that is?"

His? For not considering his sources or the larger context of the beliefs he's co-opting

People are more than allowed to talk about it I'm not sure what you mean by that.