Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee!  (Read 4204 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Yooka-Laylee!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 05:06:11 am »
Shovel Knight really is the go-to guy if you want to say "SEE SOMETIMES INDIE GAMES AREN'T ****!"

Everyone loves him. Dude's even got his own amiibo.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 06:51:10 am »
Admittedly, I like and dislike the character additions. I don't care that Shovel Knight is in it. But I also kinda do care... it seems like a side thing and not something I even care about  knowing right now at this point in the game. I'm more concerned about gameplay (which looks like it is there, but also looks a little hollow) and the level design (which looks pretty,  but some of the levels look somewhat open and uninspired).

So I'm a little uneasy about this project, but still excited. However, videos and announcements like this don't make me hopeful, because it is almost like waving their hands around over here so you aren't seeing what they are doing over there.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 07:40:15 am »
That fourth wall breaking crap is totally unearned for a brand new game that's heavily derivative of another game. How dare they.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:28 am »
The "voices" of the characters seem like they'd get annoying fast.  I know what they're going for, but maybe that's one thing not to copy from Banjo.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2016, 07:24:14 am »
Hrm...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BqQXuzAAQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BqQXuzAAQ</a>

I'm a little disappointed with this trailer. I've been a bit worried that the game generally looked sparse and bland, but chalked it up to the game still being in development. Yet this is (I think) the fourth trailer since the E3 trailer and the game still looks meh. Waiting for one of these trailers to come out where the game finally pops. Looks like I'm still waiting.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »
What? **** looks good to me, what looked bland? Seems the levels are decent sized, variable in topography themes and options, and **** they even had a DK country style minecart section. Looks prime time rareware to me
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 08:39:18 am »
The levels look like they're along the same scale as Nuts and Bolts, but with fewer enemies and generally less detail. Even the textures look a little undercooked and if I'm being real honest, their Unity is showing a bit. Unity has this weird artifacting that pops up in its blur effect at distance, and I see that here... everywhere. Also, several of those segments looked very set up for a trailer rather than what I'd encounter in a level. You can see a blob of enemies and general activity around the player-character but beyond that there's quite literally nothing. Even if it is just a draw distance issue... that's some poor draw distance and I'd bet Banjo-Kazooie running on the N64 was better.

It's a worry. I've played an obscene amount of Rare's platformers and I know what I expect from them for a solid game. Right now I'm not seeing some things and am a little worried. Not super worried. But worried enough that I'm glad I did not back the project early.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:46 pm »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2016, 08:54:36 pm »
Nice
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2016, 08:50:34 am »
I don't get it

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 08:51:44 am »
Death Stranding reference.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 08:55:53 am »
Right

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 10:23:26 am »
dont worry ultomato i didnt catch it either
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 10:26:26 am »
Admittedly, while I had an idea what it was, I had to re-watch the beginning of the trailer to verify.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 05:22:47 am »
I don't know if the worlds are entirely bland but I can see ht you mean about the sparseness in some parts.