Author Topic: Civilization VI  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Civilization VI
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:54:57 am »
So this was just announced for October.

It's just a teaser though, no gameplay. :(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0</a>

More info and screenshots. Looks kind of cartoony?

List of features according to Steam
EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:02:21 am by Sugarplum Tesla »

No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Civilization VI
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:19:31 am »
Hrm... well, it's been five-ish years since the last full game came out, so it's time.

Am excited to see gameplay. I really enjoy Civ V; however, it's got some weird quirks and a few steps back from IV that have made me very interested in what they will do with Civ VI. Hopefully they have learned from past missteps and include a lot of great things in the basic game.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:40:33 am »
I like the sound of the city stuff. I want a big sprawling metropolis capital

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:42:24 am »
Yeah! There were some mods that added more sprawl, but the game never really supported it.

Also I just loaded up Steam and apparently I can pre-order this game! How gracious of them. :U

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 09:58:47 am »
Yeah idk if I'll bother touching this till everything's been shored up. Civ V vanilla really left a bad taste in my mouth that's tainted the civ genre for me. I don't much like BE, the space one they tried, and the expansions were too little too late for civ for me. Paradox has run away with my strategic soul.

Hoping it turns out well, though.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 10:56:49 am »
Paradox becoming more popular is good for the genre in the same way that CDPR making The Witcher 3 so good will only force Bethesda to improve TES.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 11:13:50 am »
Neat,and you can pre purchase it

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 11:21:56 am »
o fug I haven't played 5 yet

It's just sitting in my steam account.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 11:24:46 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDSqODtEFM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDSqODtEFM</a>

edit:brave new world is like £5 now
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:32:57 am by Ultimatum »

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 11:38:35 am »
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/civilization-vi-first-details/

important stuffs

-Wonders now also exist on the map, each taking up their own tile. Placement requirements for each wonder, such as the Pyramids needing a desert or Stonehenge needing a flat grassland, further complicate the puzzle of laying out each city.
-major systems — including espionage, religion, tourism, archaeology, and trade routes — will be in place at launch.
-Every AI-controlled leader’s behavior is dictated by explicit agenda
-Now every tech on the tree has an associated activity in the rest of the game that will “boost” the research, providing a substantial boost to its progress even if the player hasn’t reached it on the tech tree yet
-limited unit stacking.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:43:38 pm »
Do AI leaders having explicit agenda mean that they will behave the same in each game and go for the same goal always? That seems pretty predictable
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »
I think 'agenda' here is probably them just saying "we randomized the priority values for total population, military power, and cultural output."

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 04:59:12 am »
Tiny bit more info

“The big difference in our Fog of War from Civ 5 is that Civ 5 had the clouds. Now we’re treating the totally unexplored areas as a blank parchment with longitude and latitude lines on it,” says Busatti. “But as you explore that you start to open things up. The mid-fog, instead of being a darker version of the visible terrain, is now drawn in a map style. So we have shaders on it that simulate a pen-and-ink cross-hatch style map. It’s really cool and I’m excited to show that off. And in the empty spaces we have hand-drawn ships and sort of ‘here be dragons’ kind of stuff.”

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 06:13:28 am »
If the map isn't drawn in cave-paintings at the beginning of the game and changes as you go through eras then Civ 6 gets an automatic 0 points. It would just be insulting if it was just a medieval or age of sail map the whole time.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:47 am »
I... I kind of agree... especially since they're hyping up the empty map as a feature....