Author Topic: Civilization VI  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization VI
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2016, 10:28:05 am »
what difficulty was that on?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2016, 12:28:40 pm »
King if I'm not mistaken
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2016, 05:37:55 am »
Was playing a game with Tesla yesterday. Had a good time!

The speed in multiplayer is different and I'm not sure I've adjusted to it yet. I think there is an option to use it in the settings menu, so I'm gonna try that to get some practice!

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2016, 09:51:19 am »
We picked random teams, I ended up with America and Pat had Russia. Cold war friends.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2016, 06:22:11 am »
Good times. Good times.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2016, 07:00:42 am »

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2016, 07:30:06 am »
Finished another game, this time as Russia on a fractal map.

Started by expanding early with a lot of settlers (Russian settlers are great) and builders (cutting down forests is op). Sadly my expansion plans were cut short, turns out that fractal maps are basically Pangea maps but with a smaller continent. So with a lack of space I had to settle with the south edge of the map which was filled with tundra. I thought about conquering my neighboring city-state Toronto but they became pretty valuable trade partners.
Next I meet Arabia, they are usually peaceful and friendly in the early game but become pure warmongers in the mid game. This has happen every time I've played with them. Then I meet Kongo and Scythia.

This time I thought about going for a science victory, however when I hit mid game Kongo was leading and was getting closer to a cultural victory faster than I would acquire a science victory and both Scythia and Arabia had a lot of troops on my border. Then suddenly Kongo declared a surprise war on me for some reason and took one of my settlements. I saw this as a golden opportunity to take him out and acquire all of those cultural artifacts Kongo possessed. So I started building a bunch of Cossacks (They are great, no horses needed) since I had just unlocked them.

By the time I had sent half my army to take back my settlement from Kongo and march towards their capital, both Arabia and Scythia declared war on me. Luckily enough I had prepared for this and had already fortified my borders. So while I held them back I wiped out Kongo and now I was suddenly leading in science and culture victory. I then moved on to teaching Arabia and Scythia a lesson by taking both their capitals and then let their troops get picked off one by one until they negotiated peace and gave me a bunch of free stuff.

I was again nearing a culture victory due to all of the artifacts from Kongo and I wanted a science victory this time, so I gave all my artifacts away to the other civs to improve my relationship with them after all those warmongering points from wiping out Kongo. Unfortunately, once you're on the bad side of the AI you will pretty much remain that way.

Several sabotage attempts later I finished the last piece for the science victory (counter-espionage is weird).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9nnUrpEb94" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9nnUrpEb94</a>
For mother Russia!

Don't like that science becomes useless after you've got all the techs. Doesn't help that you can't achieve a science victory unless you have a bunch of production as well.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:19 am »
I really have yet to see the point of spies. Their useful abilities typically have too high a risk to bother with, and counterespionage seems to require that I know exactly which one of my 10 industrial districts the other civ is gonna target.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2016, 09:26:27 am »
Do high success rate missions first, like gather sources to increase success rate and level.

Then you will get 70-80% success rate on heists and gold siphoning, which is pretty good odds in my opinion.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2016, 12:13:15 pm »
Calling it now: spies and city states are gonna get a huge overhaul.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2016, 11:07:26 am »
my last game just ended when the "a unit needs orders" button stopped doing anything :|

there should really just be a "force next turn" button

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2016, 07:29:19 am »
HEY! Multiplayer games? Tesla and I did a couple and I've seen others playing.

Who else is in?

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2016, 03:41:30 pm »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2016, 05:10:44 pm »
Need.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2016, 09:35:47 pm »
Update!

https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-fall-2016-update-now-live

Reduced border incursion warnings if the troops are within their own borders.