Author Topic: Hentai Club  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Hentai Club
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:06:59 am »
So obviously none of us are completely mild-mannered and boring, but obviously it's not acceptable to be an incredibly edgy douchebag all the time so if you are an edgy douche internally then you sort of have to keep it to yourself. In this thread you can blow of some edgy steam if you want and it's okay. So I'll start.

How about that late stage capitalism huh? All these Super Bowl ads are kinda crazy, they don't even sell products anymore, they just kinda randomly touch upon some things that are culturally significant like emojis or something and then say "buy this". Kinda weird right? Like what's going on with advertising? What's going on with all these reboots and stuff too, why is advertising really focusing heavily on "nostalgia" and stuff? Is the current generation really into regressing into like, childhood things? There's a graphic design trend recently of making everything bright, colorful, and simplistic. It sure does look nice, but again it seems like the kind of thing that appeals to little kids. Does it have to do with the rising rates of mental illness? Do people just need to be a little more childlike to cope?

Is advertising just being distilled down into appealing shapes, colors, and sounds, coupled with familiar ideas and concepts, in order to create a positive association in our brain with the product being sold? Is that what advertising has always been?

lmao weird marketing dystopia, discuss (or discuss your other edgy, anti-establishment ideas)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:03:42 am by Slinky »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Edgy thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:49:41 am »
Not edgy enough man.

*cracks knuckles*

Why do people get so upset when celebrities die??? It's not like any of us personally knew them. :Y

Yeah the advertising thing is really weird. A hundred years ago ads just boiled down to "Buy this product, it is good", but in the 60s Don Draper discovered being sexy and it changed the world of marketing forever.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:53:59 am »
What's the point of those videos that make you feel bad because animals feel things and we still kill and eat them? There are only two possible outcomes which are a) you feel guilty and sad for eating something good, which achieves nothing, and b) you go fully vegan and become malnourished because humans are omnivores, unless you decide to take a bunch of supplements which is actually less natural than just eating animals in the first place. All it is is just turning a sad idea into like, sad-entertainment. It's a gawker thing or something. People like to be made to feel bad about stuff. That being said of course it's ****ed up that megafarms stuff chickens into tiny cages and they **** on each other and never move until they die and calves only have two good legs because they can't walk but that's a different animal (huehuehue) entirely

Also people get sad when celebrities die because celebrities were part of their world, and they constantly heard about them and now they're dead, so it feels like something is missing and it's not actual grief but people just treat it like it's grief? I dunno.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:58:26 am »
One possible outcome is that everyone eats *less* meat, thus making these megafarms an unprofitable and necessary venture and agriculture gets scaled back a bit to a point where animals didn't suffer so much? But I agree guilt tripping people is pretty much alwaysia dreadful tactic since it's preaching to the converted and just serves to harden the opinions of people who don't agree.

It's very similar to the activists who want to stop violence against women and their strategy to accomplish this is to imply all men are rapists or complicit in women getting raped due to inaction.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 03:23:03 am »
I was told once that all men were potential rapists and it actually seemed really true the more I observed the world around me; turns out I was just hanging out with teenage boys.

anyway stop post-raping me sam. you're part of the problem

Have you noticed recently that people have started marketing "stylish" MACE spray and tasers? Like they're small, discreet, come in several tasteful colors (or hot pink). Seems weird to turn "safety in a seedy part of town" into a marketable, designable fashion product. LATE CAPITALISM DUDE

it's like the world is a parody of itself

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:39:46 am »
Apparently despite more attention being called to these issues and increasing backlash the amount of unnecessarily gendered products for adults and kids is actually increasing, because having multiple versions of the same product drives up sales.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 04:30:57 am »
I think you can just as easily make the argument that advertising and things like that are becoming increasingly subtle and nuanced. There's at least some evidence that every generation is more capable of abstract reasoning and metaphor than that before. Google 'flynn effect' - but obviously take it with a grain of salt. I've seen a few propositions for why this effect might be the case - from the boring and obvious (better nutrition, education standards) to the interesting and subtle (a sort of complexity snowball effect, every generation is being raised in and then creating a progressively more complicated and intellectually stimulating environment).

Think of movie trailers - they used to be so much more straightforward and declarative than they are now. Sure, movie trailers today are formulaic, but a lot of the "formulae" require a complex and deep understanding of cultural context, something which most of us take entirely for granted or are not even aware of. Even just a few decades ago, they'd simply spell out the plot and tell you which characters to like.  Design trends, musical trends, etc, are being iterated upon and exhausted extremely fast these days. We talk about 'inverting' tropes which were only introduced half a decade ago. I think this is also the reason why people have a hard time associating this or the last decade with some signature style of music or dress.

Even your suggestion that advertising is "being distilled down into appealing shapes, colors, and sounds" seems to be an indication more of a growing overall complexity than anything else. A working symbolic design language in advertising means two things - a greater ability to infer meaning from that sort of thing in the general populace, and a greater ability for marketers to unravel and manipulate the inner workings of the human psyche.

I think "the rising rates of mental illness" as you say, is just a rising rate of diagnosis of mental illness. I don't think we're all going cuckoo or something.

Also I have a problem with the phrase "late stage capitalism" as if you think capitalism is going away any time soon. :U

Basically what I'm saying is that most of this stuff is getting better, not worse. People are smarter and more tolerant now than any other time in history, in the grand scheme of things this is a time of astounding peace and prosperity. The point is, I've found a way to be too edgy even for the edgy thread.

Now shut up and worry about climate change!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:34:11 am by Sugarplum Tesla »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 04:39:23 am »
Tesla promoting the gay agenda to keep us heteros asleep and unaware so his homo brothers can take the reigns of society and destroy us all.

Don't listen to his lies, we're all getting much dumber, not smarter.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 04:41:15 am »
i think maybe it's just you getting dumber

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 05:24:58 am »
Think of movie trailers - they used to be so much more straightforward and declarative than they are now. Sure, movie trailers today are formulaic, but a lot of the "formulae" require a complex and deep understanding of cultural context, something which most of us take entirely for granted or are not even aware of. Even just a few decades ago, they'd simply spell out the plot and tell you which characters to like.  Design trends, musical trends, etc, are being iterated upon and exhausted extremely fast these days. We talk about 'inverting' tropes which were only introduced half a decade ago. I think this is also the reason why people have a hard time associating this or the last decade with some signature style of music or dress.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc71YvWG0GQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc71YvWG0GQ</a>

For a movie trailer to "just spell out the plot", it would require the movie to actually HAVE a plot.

Movies these days are all just about the colour balance.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 07:59:14 am »
I think "the rising rates of mental illness" as you say, is just a rising rate of diagnosis of mental illness. I don't think we're all going cuckoo or something.

Also I have a problem with the phrase "late stage capitalism" as if you think capitalism is going away any time soon. :U

Basically what I'm saying is that most of this stuff is getting better, not worse. People are smarter and more tolerant now than any other time in history, in the grand scheme of things this is a time of astounding peace and prosperity. The point is, I've found a way to be too edgy even for the edgy thread.

I understand about the rising diagnosis rate thing, but people are also under a lot of stress these days. I understand that, say, people in impoverished wartorn countries or ancient hunter-gatherer tribes were under significantly more stress, but it seems like the combination of stress to cause brain damage and stagnation and comfort to let it fester is a prime breeding ground for this stuff. I don't have anything to back that up though, just an idea. I do know that almost everyone my age I know has some kind of mental illness, and I don't mean like stupid self-diagnosis either - I know a lot of people who are really, actually disabled by some kind of condition. Maybe it's always been that way, I haven't been alive long enough to know.

Also as far as I understand late stage capitalism doesn't mean "end stage", it just means it's the indefinite maturity stage of capitalism where everything grows inward and becomes more complex and subtle and absurd. Again, I'm not sure, but I think that's what it means.

Also you know the world is ****ed when being an optimist is considered edgy. There, I've just out-edged you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 09:03:36 am »
I don't think there is some grand Muslim conspiracy where they secretly want to take over the world, but I think Muslims need to get their act together and start policing their ranks. It's your ****ing problem, too. Eventually you're going to have to make a choice between your religion and a modern, progressive society just like the other major religions had to in their past. Neuter it and join the rest of humanity as we try to push into the future.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 11:02:12 am »
I just want to know who greenlit that puppy monkey baby abomination and if they've been fired yet.

Oh wait, edgy.  Um...

I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 11:05:02 am »
I just want to know who greenlit that puppy monkey baby abomination and if they've been fired yet.

Oh wait, edgy.  Um...

I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families.

Nah that's just mean. The kind of edgy I'm talking about is where you think you're in They Live and you have the sunglasses and can see all the billboards and no one else can.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 11:18:21 am »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:16 am »
I don't think there is some grand Muslim conspiracy where they secretly want to take over the world, but I think Muslims need to get their act together and start policing their ranks. It's your ****ing problem, too. Eventually you're going to have to make a choice between your religion and a modern, progressive society just like the other major religions had to in their past. Neuter it and join the rest of humanity as we try to push into the future.

How's that gonna work dude. The Pope can't even keep Catholics in line and he's meant to be the big daddy with the hotline to God. A lot of Muslims don't even recognise one central authority so who exactly is going to "police the ranks".

It's like expecting the people who play video games to exclusively be the ones calling out the necklards for being creepy *******s on social media.

I'm not saying Muslims shouldn't be more vocal about this stuff but I think the better way to accomplish peace and acceptance is for them to just be more visible as positive participants in their communities (which is tough when the majority think they're all terrorists)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 12:01:15 pm »
I'm saying that the Muslims in the Middle East need to take control of their own destiny so they can navigate out of the Middle Ages.

If they'd realize that their unwillingness to be nice to one another because of their stupid religion is the reason they can't have nice things, the whole world would be better. They don't have to get rid of their religion, but they should recognize progress. The Catholics did it, the Jews did it. Even the Eastern religions did it. They still have their religions and they aren't putting "kill the infidels" at the top of their priority list above things like "get clean water", "get electricity", and "construct civilization".

Learn from the people that came before you. Islam refuses to learn the lessons of history and because of it they're stuck in the past. And I'll ****ing support wiping them all out before I let them drag the rest of us back into the Dark Ages.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 12:50:11 pm »
Jesus this is edgier than I ever could have imagined

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 12:59:17 pm »
quality thread

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »
taking all bets: how long until this thread becomes meme thread

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 02:49:39 pm »
I'm saying that the Muslims in the Middle East need to take control of their own destiny so they can navigate out of the Middle Ages.

If they'd realize that their unwillingness to be nice to one another because of their stupid religion is the reason they can't have nice things, the whole world would be better. They don't have to get rid of their religion, but they should recognize progress. The Catholics did it, the Jews did it. Even the Eastern religions did it. They still have their religions and they aren't putting "kill the infidels" at the top of their priority list above things like "get clean water", "get electricity", and "construct civilization".

Learn from the people that came before you. Islam refuses to learn the lessons of history and because of it they're stuck in the past. And I'll ****ing support wiping them all out before I let them drag the rest of us back into the Dark Ages.

that's not going to be easy, because the moderates are in the minority.
a majority of muslims want sharia law, and a lot of them support bombings and honor killings.
so even if all moderates stood up and tried to end all the bull****, it would take a long time.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfyNnUgK8qE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfyNnUgK8qE</a>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 05:18:36 pm »

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 05:31:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos</a>

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 06:59:42 am »
Jesus this is edgier than I ever could have imagined

You said you wanted eggy. Now you don't?

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 07:28:16 am »
He needs to make his mind up already!

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 08:29:49 am »
the united states should be dissolved and each county sold to the highest bidder

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 10:06:44 am »
I am of the opinion that the United States should return to colony status 

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 10:35:39 am »
all united states citizens should have their personhood revoked

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 11:01:44 am »
You said you wanted eggy. Now you don't?

hehe eggy

but no I am all about the edgy, I just wasn't necessarily expecting this level of edge is all :)

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 11:05:58 am »

edgy you say?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 02:06:25 pm »
would bang

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:02 pm »

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »
god she is hot wtf

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 05:13:12 pm »
Right?

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:48 am »
I was surprised to check and learn The Road to El Dorado has nothing to do with Chris Sanders (Lilo & Stitch) because she looks exactly like how Chris usually draws women.

http://www.chrissandersart.com/
http://www.rescuesirens.com/

Enjoy, you creepy bastards.

One side note is that if you really want to go deep on this, google 'Chris Sanders Pinup'. I had a professor who had used them as figure references a couple times for an exercise one night and now I can never look at Nani the same way.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:35:09 am by dndfreak »

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 05:16:32 pm »
The man draws his women like, 50% thigh.

He's a genius.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 05:44:14 pm »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 06:07:51 am »
The faces ruin it though. Eyes weirdly far apart. They look like aliens.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 06:46:49 am »
Their faces ain't for looking at, Sam.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:41 pm »
They're not hot when they're still images, it's the animation that's hot. So fluid.

Edgy statement: concentration camps for people who jerk off to cartoons

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 08:58:50 pm »
Why are you trying to send me to a hot glue factory, Slinku?

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
to contain your insatiable lust

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:17 pm »
Why are you trying to send me to a hot [sticky white stuff] factory, Slinku?

You're doing it to yourself.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: Hentai Club
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 01:27:44 am »
edgy?: All non-Miyazaki anime after the 90s is terrible and people who like it have no taste.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 07:36:51 am »
Alright so I have to decide what I am going to do this afternoon.

Monster Girl Quest 2? (again)
Sengoku Rance? (never actually finished it last time)
Prison Battleship? (only did one story track)

Offline Lookatroopa

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Fan-Ball Wiki
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2016, 07:50:19 am »
edgy?: All non-Miyazaki anime after the 90s is terrible and people who like it have no taste.

i think its actually edgier to not think this

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2016, 11:02:43 am »
Uh. Excuse me?

Have you not watched the show about the guy who cries when he loses at rock paper scissors???

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2016, 03:22:14 pm »

Get a load of this guy.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2016, 08:05:13 pm »
That doesn't count because it's a parody of a late 90s anime so it's derivative. Also boob jokes /= good

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »
These are from a pretty goofy set.

It /does/ deliver though. <3 Yuffie.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 03:15:36 am »
Is King of the Hill a hentai?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2016, 06:05:02 am »
Depends how erotic you find poop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuIjbNkBDAw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuIjbNkBDAw</a>
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2016, 06:47:02 am »
hey get your animes out of here

this thread is now about Chel

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2016, 12:34:42 pm »
Uh. Excuse me?

Have you not watched the show about the guy who cries when he loses at rock paper scissors???

everyone should watch adult waste of space cry baby adventures.

also baccano, steins gate, fma brotherhood, monster, gurren lagan, jojo, one punch man, fate zero, prison school, watamote, naruto, bleach, one piece, lucky star, senran kagura, titty adventure+ and many others.

Uh, I mean

Yeah.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2016, 12:40:40 pm »
damn weeaboos,they have ruined this edgy thread

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2016, 12:41:32 pm »

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2016, 12:43:31 pm »
it's not fair!

all I wanted to do was post Chel gifs

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »
Did someone say funfair?

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2016, 02:33:42 pm »
You have no idea how long I've waited for the right situation to post this.

Please don't judge me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9p1A6DuEUY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9p1A6DuEUY</a>

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2016, 03:12:41 pm »
why are you watching a show for babies

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2016, 03:25:22 pm »
Mummy Pig sure is a rube.

Or are pigs just naturally susceptible to reverse psychology?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2016, 04:54:20 pm »
Yeah pigs are really gullible.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2016, 05:45:59 pm »
They're delicious, too.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2016, 10:12:59 pm »
everyone should watch naruto

**** off weeb

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:22:41 pm by Slinky »

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2016, 01:11:29 am »
I work front of house at a theatre. It was half-term last week, so we had Peppa Pig Live. And by live, I mean puppets. Due to my manager's cruel sense of humour I watched it three times out of the four it was there. They went to the sea side.

The 'children' were, like, half adult size. The heads had nearly full rotation, with a button on a handle to make the mouth 'move'. Mummy and Daddy were full costumes. Daddy Pig was about the size of a small planet. They met a giant talking potato that made them do exercises. It was terrifying. The bit where they looked in a rock pool and there was an underwater scene using UV was pretty cool. And there was a woman who was a sort of guide, I guess. She was pretty hot but was dressed up and acting like a child so I'm pretty confused.

Also I don't know why they're complaining about a pound. Doing that sort of thing a fun fair here would be 3 at least.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 03:09:17 am »
Yeah I was wondering about that as well. In some parts of the country you'd be lucky to get a Snickers for a pound.

Also the fair people were surprisingly willing to give away those giant teddies? Usually the strength tester doesn't even *have* a prize. Something is rotten in the state of wherever it is Peppa Pig lives.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2016, 10:15:00 pm »
What the bloody hell is Peppa Pig, you ****s?

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2016, 01:10:48 am »
A weirdly popular children's cartoon. My cousin's kids love it. I think.

This about sums it up.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu3bfOl91RQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu3bfOl91RQ</a>

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2016, 04:05:04 am »
Today I learned this forum has censorship in place to stop me from acting too British.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2016, 04:51:58 am »
It has censorship because wris****ches are TOO LEWD.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2016, 05:25:09 am »
Yeah that and sal****er ****fy.

Also sorry to correct you DnD but the way you used that word in your post isn't really natural. I mean, it's grammatically correct and all but I just can't really imagine anyone using the word in that context.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2016, 05:39:24 am »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2016, 08:06:17 am »
Why is she so awkward and weird in her own skin?

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »
why are you?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »
Because her skin doesn't fit me right.

That's completely beside the point, Slinky. :|

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2016, 03:57:30 am »
She fit around me alright. Maybe you're just too small.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2016, 10:56:01 am »

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2016, 08:21:35 am »

This thread is now about Atlantis

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2016, 08:26:53 am »
Why is she standing in front of that ship that crashed on that planet in Mass Effect 2 and you had to rescue black guy's dad?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2016, 09:13:51 am »

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2016, 09:26:50 am »
Not everything needs to become a bloody spiderman thread

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:34:49 am by Ultimatum »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2016, 09:32:24 am »

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2016, 09:35:56 am »
Now your're being obnoxious,as in not funny

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo