Ubergeekdom > Books

I did a thing

(1/3) > >>

dndfreak:
I had the chance/inspiration the other day to start writing fiction, something I haven't done in a while. I've spent probably close to eight hours total putting a first chapter together, but I haven't proofread at all, so fair warning.

HERE IS THE LINK NOW IF YOU WISH TO GO IN BLIND

The basic premise is that this is a fantasy novel in which someone from our world wakes up in what appears to be a stereotypical tabletop rpg campaign setting. The characters are actually aware of the quantifiable numbers which govern the world, and speak and act according to game terminology. The result is a mixture of high fantasy adventure and tongue-in-cheek nerd references. The inspiration comes in part from the webcomic Erfworld, which does something similar but for 4x strategy games rather than tabletop rpgs.

I'm not sure if I want to continue this, or what I'll do with it. It was fun to write, which makes me want to work at it, but the copyrights involved make it a tough sell for me to do anything with if I actually finish it. The optimal solution would be to get in contact with someone at Paizo, but I doubt that would happen. I looked into it and they don't accept unsolicited submissions. They do have a writer's subforum, I guess, but I don't know how much attention they give it.

Inkling:
I'll definitely be checking this out.

Kaizer:

--- Quote from: dndfreak on November 16, 2015, 02:31:40 pm ---The result is a mixture of high fantasy adventure and tongue-in-cheek nerd references. The inspiration comes in part from the webcomic Erfworld and Kaizer who was working on this premise way before me for his game that's coming along really well I hear!

--- End quote ---

FTFY

dndfreak:
Wow, that's a fascinating thing that's not even remotely true.You get back to your robot loli jrpg that has literally nothing to do with this.

Ultimatum:
now boys don't fight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version