Author Topic: The Science of Aliens - Gender of Aliens  (Read 9380 times)

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
Re: The Science of Aliens - Gender of Aliens
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 09:38:08 am »
there will be many phallic creatures for sure.

Offline captainjp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 11:16:08 am »
2. Cutting, budding or body fragments can grow into a new creature. For instance a starfish's arm being cut off can grow a new starfish.

Cutting is more for plants, like Succulent plant (i don´t know the name in engelish for sure). But I got one at home and sometimes when it loose a leave by cut(not to agrassive of course) and plant it in the earth you get a new Succulent plant.

But with creatures is would be awesome  :o

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2007, 08:44:11 pm »
cutting is for starfish and some other organisms. if a leg is cut off and and it still has some cells from the center, then it will grow a starfish. if you isolate a few cells of a sponge, then they will grow into a sponge. But it is only for the simpler organisms.

And i think that the complexity of the system should cost more or less evolution points. The male/female will be the default. A little more points will net you the male/female/carrier system or the reproduction from a wart thing. A few more will get a colony with a queen who can reproduce but nobody else.. The highest price will be the ones with five different sexes or somethiing. actually, the most expensive would be the one where the entire herd would be hermaphrodites and mate with each other, gaining the best genes. The system you had would determine how fast you gained evolution points, because the better genes, the better the organism.