Author Topic: Metal Gear Acid  (Read 2549 times)

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Metal Gear Acid
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:44:34 pm »
This is one of the few games that has attracted my interest in the PSP and I'm wondering if anyone has played it and what they think of it.  Konami didn't say too much about it but I love the Metal Gear series especially Solid, Twin Snakes and Snake Eater.  The card system sounded interesting.  Wanted to know what people felt about it.  Thanks. -leeman

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Gear Acid
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 04:50:48 pm »
Yeah, I'd like some more info on this game too. It kinda caught my eye.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 10:43:52 pm »
The only thing that I've heard is that the card system turns it into some kind of turn-based game. I believe each card represents a different move Snake can do (I imagine different forms of attack and of evasion, such as going from behind and holding an enemy at gunpoint or hiding in a cardboard box), and a certain number of them can be played during each turn. I've heard a little bit of criticism towards this system, as it tends to ruin the tension of stealth games. I dunno, I don't really believe it, because I can think of plenty of turn-based games that can get pretty tense. ;)
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 08:03:55 pm »
I haven't read much about it, but somehow a card-based Metal Gear Solid game sounds rather strange to me...I'm not casting judgement, but that sounds kinda weird.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 08:04:59 pm »
I actually have it and tried to play it, but it is just so slow. I think I played for an hour before I actually got a chance to actually do anything. And then when I had the chance to save I somehow ended up at the menu screen. So now I have to go through another hour of strange cutscenes and watching action happen instead of playing the game.

I'll try it again but right now it's a bit too slow for my tastes.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve