Author Topic: Ph... Phone Games?  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Ph... Phone Games?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:26 am »
I have a disposable flip phone that cant even properly receive texts

get down on my level nerds

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 06:38:07 am »
Do you sell drugs?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »
That depends, are you a cop?

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2015, 04:51:45 pm »
That depends, are you a cop?

No,but I am

-Handcuffs eropS-

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »
The Steven Universe game is free on the apple store this week!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/attack-light-steven-universe/id941380906?mt=8
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 01:30:27 am »
Has anyone tried the iOS version of summoner wars? Or for that matter, iOS versions of other board games.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 06:05:49 am »
Has anyone tried the iOS version of summoner wars? Or for that matter, iOS versions of other board games.

Most official board game stuff on iOS has online multi support, but I haven't met anyone new in years who owns any of them. I was wondering what people here have.

My collection includes:
Summoner Wars
Carcasonne
Settlers of Catan
Stone Age
Lords of Waterdeep
Ascension
Penny Arcade: Gamers Vs Evil
Yomi
Tanto Cuore
Fluxx
Fortune Street
Ticket To Ride
Greed Corp
Kard Kombat / Spectromancer

Plus a bunch of other Async play games like Hero Academy and (I think) Civ Revolution.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 11:11:22 am »
Oh hey, I have Lords of Waterdeep. Haven't had a chance to play it much, unfortunately. Are any others on that list particularly worth looking at?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2016, 05:16:08 pm »
omg I have a Lords of Waterdeep table top sim game

guys we should play Lords of Waterdeep
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:23 pm »
Lords of Waterdeep is very similar to Stone Age, just with some hidden information added and dice removed. I haven't played with any of the dlc packs, so can't really comment on them.

As for other iOS board games, I do recommend Carcasonne highly. Ascension is technically a card game and not a board game but is a pretty good design and can be played over and over mixing and matching expansions and new strategies and such for infinite replay value. And then there's Fortune Street, if you've never played a version of the squeenix gem yet and want to know how a well-designed Monopoly would play out.

If you are interested in a card/board game that has an actual populated online lobby I highly suggest and will always suggest Spectromancer, which is also on Steam. Spectromancer was originally created about twenty years ago by Richard Garfield, fresh off his successful sale of Magic: The Gathering to Hasbro. Spectromancer has a similar conceptual design to Magic and the ties to Garfield are readily apparent, but the twist is that rather than pre-build a deck of cards, you pick a class and are given a 'hand' of twenty randomly selected cards from the game's pool, which are not spent when used but are hidden information until your opponent sees you play it. This means that while the game's setup is semi-random, the game itself plays very chess-like. There are no drawing new cards as the game progresses and as a result you're very capable of planning several moves in advance. The only hidden information is what cards your opponent has yet to play, and even that can be deduced because the opponent's 'hidden' hand is still sorted by color/cost, and certain things like how they choose to spend their resources of each color tells you which they'll build up for and which they want to have on hand, that sort of thing. And if random starts aren't your jam, there are extra modes for draft and constructed play as well, not to mention a long-ish single player campaign with a plethora of Hearthstone Tavern Brawl-like scenarios that mix up the standard formula.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2016, 05:13:05 am »
Phone games! If you look at the top list in the Google app store, then it is full of crap.

But I just got my phone back from repair, and I happened to look at my app store recommendations. So I installed a few of them. One of the interesting ones was Zen Koi. Pictures say more than a thousand words, so here goes.

Basically you eat little sea creatures, mate with other koi to create different kinds of koi, and eventually you can ascend to a dragon. Pretty cool!

The downside is microtransactions. But you know, I think artists and game-makers deserve to earn a living, so I set a top cap of how much I'm allowed to spend. If I think the game is really cool, then maybe I'll spend more, and if it's crap, they get nothing. So I've spend about 7 euros on this game, probably won't spend anything more.

Another game I really liked was called Survive - Wilderness survival. Again, here's a picture because I think it says everything you need to know. One plus is that it's completely free! And each time you play through it, it is different, because the areas you explore and your starting equipment are randomly generated at the beginning. Basically your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, and you have to make it back to civilisation, while keeping yourself fed, warm and rested with whatever you can find in the forest.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 09:34:26 pm »
So they're making a Fire Emblem phone game.

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/
Probably not a Goat, either.