Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 5038 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Hearthstone
« on: July 22, 2015, 10:19:40 pm »
There isn't a topic and there should be.

KOQ#1607

I like this game quite a bit and am looking forward to the new expansion. I sometimes watch the tournaments if I happen to have the time to kill, it's entertaining.

I usually stick to The Arena since it's the best game mode imo, and the most 'fair'. I usually will play each month to rank 20 to roflstomp the noobs and get easy quest rewards/win-streaks. After that I'm basically SoL since I don't have many cards, Leeroy is my only legend, no solo adventure packs, and I can't seem to break out of 20 haha

Still it's fun stuff. Tavern Brawl really helps me clear quest and win streak gold later in the month since once I'm rank 20 I'm out. I really like them and the free pack is really nice.

Good stuff. I'll take any of you 1 on 1

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 02:00:22 am »
Thought it was odd that we didn't have a topic on this.

I'm playing on EU, same name as here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe7XDBtlQzg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe7XDBtlQzg</a>

So, 130 new cards and it releases next month.

Wonder if they will change the arena rewards to the new expert pack, or maybe introduce some  system that allow the player to choose? Some kind of tokens that work as a currency for buying packs would be great.

If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 02:47:33 am »
I played a lot back during beta and some more during GvG, still jump on for a few games every now and then

ended up finishing a handlock/zoo/patron warrior deck for ranked before i got bored

new set looks good but what i'm more excited for is what the adventure will be (heres hoping for ICC and the inevitable deathknight hero)

kaizer#1951
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:56:10 am by Kaizer »

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 04:27:18 am »
I don't think the game needs more classes. Just giving the current heroes alternative abilities would serve almost the same purpose.

For example, they could give the Warrior an alternative ability with a deathknight theme to it and then add some new warrior cards that fit the theme. Heck, they could even have the portrait change when you switch ability. This would allow them to build on an already established set of cards, instead of making 30+ new class cards for a new hero that needs to be balanced with the old ones.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 05:34:34 am »
Just started playing yesterday. Played a few online games by mostly still just unlocking/levelling up heroes on single player so I can get dem basics.  The game plays a lot like a simplified magic the gathering. :p

I'm on Europe too, Pixxel. I tried to add you but I guess you need that number after your name as well, so no dice. I'm EmmetOT #2265.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 08:52:38 am »
Yeah I feel like it has an advantage over magic due to being all digital it can have card effect Magic just couldn't do. Nefarian, Unstable Portal, Shredders, etc. So it kind of is neat to see how the utilize the lack of physical restrictions

Edit: Pixxel they said it will be a random Normal/GvG/Tourny each time for Arena
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:54:30 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 11:55:41 am »
That's terrible.
It just decreases the chance of getting the packs you are after. :-/

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 12:51:23 pm »
I agree you should just get a selection screen

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 01:24:45 pm »
So anyone got any hot tips for a beginner?

It's funny, I have an easier time beating real people (so far I'm 3 for 3) than the expert AI.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 01:48:20 pm »
1. Look up a beginners guide
2. Get gold from dailies, brawls, arena and ladder
3. Buy arena runs
4. Read guide about arena and card tier lists
5. Get packs and gold from arena
6. Repeat steps 2-5

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 01:52:57 pm »
Don't forget make Dr. Boom

stupid overpowered card....

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 07:08:33 am »
Any suggestions for how to approach deck building? Websites that might help?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 07:21:28 am »
I'd make a joke about suggesting magicthegathering.com but that whole game has gone to the dogs in recent years.

http://netrunnerdb.com/
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 07:26:03 am »
I usually use http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/
but Hearthpwn and hearthhead is good too.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 12:05:07 pm »
Just remember that a LOT of the staple cards for a lot of decks are stuff from the adventures, if you don't have them you can make substitutes but sludge belcher is just too much value to not have