Author Topic: The boy and the beast (and Mamoru Hosoda Movies)  (Read 923 times)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
The boy and the beast (and Mamoru Hosoda Movies)
« on: July 08, 2015, 01:12:39 pm »
Mamoru Hosoda is responsible for a lot of neat movies like "The girl who leapt through time", "Summer wars" and "Wolf children", which I recommend watching if you haven't already. Especially Summer wars and Wolf children. Anyway, his new movie "The boy and the beast" is about to hit cinemas on July the 11th in Japan and a international release has been planned sometime after this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uifJLWoWv8c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uifJLWoWv8c</a>

So, while waiting for it to release I thought we could have a general discussion about his previous movies and new ones.

If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: The boy and the beast (and Mamoru Hosoda Movies)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »
I've seen Summer Wars and enjoyed it.  But the description my tv provider put on it had it described as a comedy.  One more example of Comcast being evil.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 09:47:11 am »
I don't know of this "Comcast" you speak of, but I do agree Summer wars is not a comedy.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 03:28:16 pm »
I envy the world in which you live.
Probably not a Goat, either.