Author Topic: I'm going into the story Two/Deux/Dos/The Sequal/The lonliest # since the # one  (Read 25327 times)

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
"This sounds like fun!" I said, after the man had disappeared. I could make this into an uber story! Plus, ya gotta love the lure of the money!
The others around me looked at me like I was crazy (something I had come to the conclusion of a long time ago).
"Well, what now?" I said.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
"I think this man has his facts wrong" I said to the others . I dont know about you two but i'm certainly no businessman.
"The last item of business i ever carried out was some time ago, dont quiz me on the particulars but I profited quite well from the sale of that particular... aha, item".
The Detective just kept looking at me, while the man who had been called a journalist looked like a child with a new toy.
"I certainly dont need the money and whatever happens I cant say that the threat of death particularly applies to me. I believe I'll indulge in our friend's little game. I'm quite curious what sort of reward he might concoct that would be beyond MY wildest dreams"

I snapped my fingers to summon the bellhop who had been hovering around at the back of the room. "You there! Would you mind enlightening us as to the identity of the French Gent in the green coat that just left."
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
*Out of Context* Um, 7 who ate 9, I'm having trouble understanding what you're typing. Please use spell check and possibly reconcider the ordering of your words.   Krakow, I think i get what your hinting at. Note the cough before the guy said buisnessman(I added that after i caught on.)  ;) *Back in Context*

This was an intresting group of people, the ones I was sitting with.

I looked up at the clock. It read 6:33 and was moving normally, as was my watch. Whatever problems we were all having with keeping time, it had apparently ended when that man appeared.

I would stay to play his "game", but not for any prize. I wasn't going to let a killer of any sort run around loose. I couldn't leave having that on my concience. Also, he was right, he had peaked my curiosity. This was a mystery, in more ways then one. I looked around at the others and by the looks on their faces assumed they were staying too.

A Scream in the hall shattered the moment. I ran out of the bar, not checking back to see if anyone else was coming. A man was sprawled out in an akward position on the hall floor. I ran over to him, knelt beside, and felt his wrist. There was no sign of a pulse. He looked as if he had fallen over the guard rail on the staircase. I looked up and saw someone cloaked in black clothing running up the stairs.

"Stop!" I shouted as I ran up after the figure.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
The detective type guy started to chase me down the hall, just as I was about to leave. I had a black raincoat on, because it was raining. I saw someone laying on the ground so I went to help them. Then the trench coated man ran at me and I fled to my car.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
"This is getting interesnting!" I thought to myself. I took out my laptop and started typing away, so as to write out some story. The reason I did was because there just was a scream outside in the hall. The detective looking person ran out to investigate, and I followed him out as to see what the matter was.

There was a man sprawled on the floor in a position that seemed almost comical. He was face-down on his chest, with his legs bent back over him. It was obvious he had fallen, probably off the stairs above. The detective ran off chasing a cloakéd man down the hall. I went over to inspect the body and sure enough he was dead. But I noticed something else: he had a knife planted squarely in his back like some cheesy 20's murder movie. I was about to dust it for prints when I remembered I'm not a detective nor do I have dust. So I just took out my digital camera and took some pictures of him, just in case we'd need them for whatever reason.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Seeing that the Detective and the journalist were doing the obvious things: giing chase and examining the body, i decided to follow a different tack. The man had said there was a unique scenario in each of our rooms. Well, I resolved to figure it out. Walking through the lobby I noticed one key was left hanging on the hook and that the cabinet was unlocked. I couldnt see the receptionist so i snatched it and ran into the elevator. On closer examination, this was the key to the Diamond suite. I resolved to examine my own room first, before I checked the other one though.
I came to my room and unlocked the door, I entered and squinted as my eyes ajusted to the red glare which filled the place.
Searching the floor I found a loose floorboard and checked underneath, the money was there, just like the man had said. A search of the rest of the room revealed nothing unusual, beyond the fact that everything down to the welcoming mint on the pillow was red. I pocketed the mint and went to the minibar to pour myself a drink. Opening it i realised i had overlooked it in my search. Unsurprisingly it was red inside with rows and rows of bottles containing red liquid. They had red labels but it looked like the writing on them was red as well so there was no clue as to their contents. I opened one and took a swig... cranberry juice, well, it could have been worse.
I put the bottle back and left the room, heading down the hall to the Diamond suite...

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Having never solved a murder mystery before I wasn't sure how to go about it I played Cluedo once but not seeing anyone who resembled Prof Plum I went to the next best sorce i had murder mysteries from tv using this i concluded that the butler did it shame I hadn't seen a butler in this place... yet I went off to see if there were any butlers if if that french guy know anything about butlers or maybe go to my room there seems to be a bed in there good for sleeping and its too early in the morning to be solving crime we have a detective for that. i made my way to my room and back into bed for another hour or so wondering if the pool out the back counts as the safety of the hotel who knows maybe there might be some clues in the deep end.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
I'm going into the story (and I'm not a shark!)

"Bye, bye Darxo!" I said to my pet HopTart. "I'll see you later today!" He squeeked in return. I thought to myself, "Ah, what a fine invention that virtual to reailty machine was. Stepping in to my hovercar, I headed off to work. I passed by a TV advertisement, but it didn't seem be in 3-D. "How ancient is that?" I thought to myself. "Strange, that ad doesn't even seem to be moving! And what the hell is a saloon?" Suddenly there was a bright flash of light, and I woke up several hours later. I was in a parking lot, only it was made of asphalt. I couldn't see anything recognizable to my era. In fact, I could swear I was in a museum. Unfortunately, I wasn't.

I could see a building off in the distance, and decided to walk towards it. I made it, and saw mass chaos. People were running around, talking about some sort of murder, and in Old English! I asked them what was going on...

**off story OK, that was much more serious than my shark crap. Don't know WTF was going on there.**
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 07:08:57 pm by Vivec »
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
I'm going into the story (and I'm not going to disappear for months like last time!)

Dmitri Zakharov was a top KGB agent during early days of Stalin's reign. Unknown to most people, though, was his position in the highly secretive Knights Templar. I won't bother going into the details of how the Knights Templar survivied to the 20th century, but it can be said that they had a great deal of power; enough power, in fact, to set up the Pearl Harbor attack to spawn an advance in science and allow for a speedy invention of nuclear weapons, which helped when aliens from Alpha Centauri attempted to destroy the Earth in 1964, leading to the creation of the Majestic 12 group, which Zakharov successfully infiltrated.

At any rate, Zakharov was my next target. I too am a member of the Knights Templar, albeit a bit less known to the regular members. I'm in charge of keeping the balance in the group that keeps the balance of the planet. An important job, no doubt, and one that I'm quite good at. Zakharov's trail had led me far from Russia to a remote gas station deep in the middle of ****ing nowhere. No doubt he was enacting the plan to empower Mexico by planting a few "special" crops that would grow especially well in the desert. I could eaisly forsee that this would lead to problems between hemispheres and population difficulties that would have to be dealt with in extreme measures, and I wasn't about to let the planet be destroyed. Just like the rest of Dmitri's damn plans, too. They all led to war, and war is terribly inefficient.

Dmitri seemed to be stopping to fill up on gas. I found it very strange when I saw the building across the street; it seemed to be a hotel, but the age of it was terribly confusing to me, and from my records it was supposed to have been destroyed over 100 years ago during the not-so-famous war between the Illuminati and Freemasons... well, perhaps it was part of a restoration project someplace. I was worried when Dmitri decided to go over to the hotel, though. I didn't know the layout of the building, and I've never liked entering a situation without superior intelligence. I would have to make the hit here, though. Strange, my watch said that it was the late afternoon... those infinite motion machines of Einstein's weren't quite what he claimed, I reasoned.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
The man I was chasing turned out to be a bust.  Although he was acting suspicous, when I tried to stop him from leaving I wasn't able to exit the building. An Unexplainable force kept me from leaving the hotel. If the killer was going to be in the hotel, it couldn't be him.

I looked at my watch. It read 6:44, matching the other timepieces in the hotel. Time was moving at a normal rate now, at least inside the hotel. I wasn't too comferted by seeing a man in reflective silverish get up, reminicent of star trek, walk into the hotel. He saw the man on the floor and asked what was going on. I was going to respond when a man in traditional Russian style clothing walked by at a brisk pace, not paying much attention to anything in the lobby. He looked to be trying to get away from something. He made his way to the Check in desk and quickly got a room saying he was there for 'buisness' reasons. I found it a little strange, but didn't pay much mind to it as he got into the elevator.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
I approached the diamond suite and pulled out the key, I was about to insert it into the lock and open the door when my hand jerked violently and the key sailed out of my hand and into the elevator. I ran in after it and the doors closed, the elevator began to move down. I picked up the key justr as it reached the ground floor. When the doors opened my hand jerked again, and sent the key sailing through the air, it landed directly in the hand of a man in a peculiar sort of silver jumpsuit. As I left the elevator to get the key back from him a man in a large Russian style fur hat barged past me and ran into the elevator.

Not knowing what to do now I tried the door back to the bar, on opening it I saw that the bar had gone and in its place was some sort of convention centre. Men in 'penguin suits' were milling around with aloof expressions on their faces. A banner read: Butler's Convention of '88. This certainly didnt make solving a murder any easier and added more confusion as to when exactly we were.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
I was standing around, confused, when a key fell suddenly into my hand. I saw the man walk into a bar, filled with strange people in black suits. Who were these people? I decided to return the key to that man, and ask him what the hell was going on.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
The man in silver followed me into the convention centre and put the key in my hand. This time it glowed red hot. I yelped and dropped the key on the ground, it bounced into the air and landed in the mans front pocket. i watched as the burn on my hand quickly healed. The man asked me what was going on.

"It seems that some of us have been drawn here to participate in some sort of game. A man has been murdered and a French gent has promised a maginificent prize to anyone who can find the murderer... and probable death to anyone who leaves this hotel. Since your the first person whose shown me any manners today, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Wing Commander Samuel Krakow, flew in the war you know?. I havent seen clothes like those before. Are you in the moving pictures? Oh, I'm sorry... movies, i forget what decade i'm in these days. He seemed a tad confused. I imagine he was wandering how someone who looked to be 35 at the oldest could have flown in the war. The Butlers continued to mill around us...

"I think that key is supposed to belong to you", i said. Conceding defeat, and not wanting to burn myself again.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
"Thanks for the key," I said. "I think I'm gonna head up towards my room, see if anything is happening there. Wanna come with me and help? Easier to find the murderer if we work together."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
I followed the silver man who called himself Vivec up to the Diamond room. He looked at the lock like it was some kind of complex machinary. "You stick the end of the key in the hole in the door and twist it" I explained. He opened the door and we went in. Everything was sparkly and see through, like crystal glass...