Author Topic: I'm going into the story Two/Deux/Dos/The Sequal/The lonliest # since the # one  (Read 25318 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
I think you get the point  ;)

Believed to be Created Years ago... When the Thesims.com still had an off topic BBS...

Anyone who wants can play

The object of the game we're actually playing at the moment (i'm going into the story) is: Just play along in the role you take on telling the story from your point of view until its over or you die or something along those lines..(If you do die you could always come back as like a ghost or clone or never really killed etc...totally up to you) its a really fun game! Just listen to these testimonails: [INSERT SOMETHING POSITIVE AND INTRESTING HERE]

Here's an example of how the game works:
poster one: Well, it was monday again, and yet another day of school was coming. I was at the bus stop. When the bus came, i got on only to find nobody else on execpt for the bus driver and myself. "That's weird." I thought to myself "I'm like the fourth to last stop. There ussually are no seats left when i get on."

poster 2: "I'm going into the story!"

I got on the bus and saw poster one, but no other kids. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

poster one:"I don't know" I said back to her. "Maybe they're all out sick."

poster 2: "I don't think everyone could be out sick." i said.

Poster 3: "I'm going into the story!"

I silently agreed with her in my head. I had been driving this bus for 3 years, and ussually only 1 or 2, if any kids were out sick. I didn't say anything at that point though because i was just there to do my job and drive the bus. Still i couldn't help but wonder where everyone else could be.

And the story would basicly go on till the whole thing was resolved or at least the main conflict was.(you know in case any sub-plots develop or something.)

Some rules:
-Don't speak for anyone else Who is actually a poster but yourself. in other words don't do this:

Poster 4: I said no, but poster 3 said yes. (also try not to do it with actions eigther, but if you must that's ok.)

-Don't make up fake names for other people. just refer to them by their screen name or real name (first name i mean) or some sort of approved-by-them nickname.

-You only have to say "I'm going into the story!" when you are first going into the story. Once you have entered the story, you don't have to say it anymore. But do say it to start.

-If you want to enter the story you can create a new person and introduce that person or take over for a created unfilled character (like poster 3 did in the example)

-Any created roles not filled by people (like the bus driver) can be taken over at any point in the story. until then it is fair game to say what they do and say and such.

-Have fun with it, though don't come in and ruin the whole thing by acting all "ruin the whole thingish" *Ahem*Vivec*Ahem*

Now let's start!

I'm going into the story

"The Lummuxor Arms Hotel" I thought to myself. "Strange a place like this would be here."
It wasn't its hight that struck me as odd. It was only 2 or 3 floors, not too out of the ordanary a Hotel to see on the side of the road. What struck me as odd was the intricate design and architecture of the place. It was made out of stone, what may have been centuries ago. It looked majestic enough to be one of those hotels you read about in Magazines, for the rich and famous. The kind only people who were in the process of buying their 8th summer home in the Hamptons could afford. Seeing a building like this on the side of a desert road, with only a gas station across the street the only building for miles, made me uncomfertable. The Digital clock in my car struck 6:00. (That's right, I'm pretending i can Drive!) The Rain started to pick up. I reached under my dashboard and pulled out my umbrella. I got out of the car and made my way to the front door of the hotel.

I walked in the door to an Interior that fit perfectly with the exterior. The Lobby was carpeted golden yellow, with two matching satin Sofas. A door with "Hotel Bar" Marked over In Gold Lettering over it stood next to an elevator. The stairs were in the back, wide and carpeted as the floors were. A man was sitting on one of the sofas reading a newspaper.

"Hello and welcome to the Lummuxor Arms Sir." Said a female Voice to my left. I turned and saw a woman in a Red Uniform standing behind a check-in desk. "May I help you with anything?" she asked.
"Um. Yes." I said. "I'm here about a room."
"Oh of course sir." She said. "Will it be just you?"
"As far as i know." I responded.
"Well rooms 3B through 1B are still available for your stay." She said.
"Oh I was told to give the person at the front desk this..." I said, remembering the invitation in my trenchcoat pocket. I wasn't sure why I had forgotten it, it was the whole reason i had come out here, though it was very vague as to why. All it said was that it would be a night to remember.

The woman behind the desk read at the Invitation.
"Oh, detective, I was told you were coming. You've been given the Saphire Suite." She said, Unlocking a case behind her, which seemed to contain 7 keys. She pulled out a key with what seemed to be a saphire attached to it, and handed it to me. "I was told to tell you to be at the hotel bar by 6:32." She said. "Your room is on the third floor, closest to the elevator."

While she left me with many questions, she didn't seem to know much about what was going on. I decided i would save the questions till i met whoever it was who invited me here. I made my way over to the elevator, noticing the man on the sofa eyeing me over his newspaper. Whatever happened, i knew then, this was going to be a night to remember, like the invitation said.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 05:16:25 pm by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
I'm going into the story.

I sipped my Gin and Tonic and read the obituary in the Times. I noticed another one of my old school friends had recently died of old age. Ha! I vaguely remembered old whatisname but 80 years of loose living obscured the details, and all i had to give up for it was something that technically didnt exist. I heard someone talking at the reception desk and looked up over the paper, some American gent, looked to be a plain clothes policemen of some sort, he looked back at me and I interested myself in the obituaries some more. When I was sure he had gone I strode up to the desk and placed my invite on the marble top. "I believe I have a reservation for the Garnet suite" I said.
"Certainly sir" said the receptionist and handed me my key. The jewel on the end shone the colour of blood. I headed in the direction of the lift.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
I'm going into the story.

It was my first day on the job being a bus boy at the Lummuxor Arms Hotel. I had done nothing but clean the whole day, until a strange man in a trench coat came in (guess who it was). My manager told me to take his luggage and take it to his room. I carried his two bags up to the Saphire Room. When I got there the man with the coat had left. I was interested in what was so special about the room. I snooped around the room a little and found a hole in the floor boards. I opened it up and inside was hidden some wads of cash. I didn't no who the money belonged to or why it was there. I heard someone coming so I pretended to make the bed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 06:00:00 pm by Pando »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
(Thanks for changing it. :))

"My watch is off" I thought to myself as i headed back up to my room. "It's 6:15, not 6:32."
I saw my door was open. I walked over to it and saw the Busboy inside, making up my bed.
"Um. Thanks for your help." I said to him. "But if you don't mind I would like to relax, just for a little while."
I dug into my Trenchcoat pocket for a 5 bill, and handed it to the Busboy.
As I sat down in the armchair on one side of my room, and picked up the television remote, I noticed that some of the carpet in one corner of the room had been lifted up, as if someone were looking at the floorboards under it. I was fairly tired though. I would investigate that later.

I flipped around for a little while till I noticed it was 6:25. I decided it would be as good a time as any to head down. I took the elevator down to the Lobby and entered the bar. It was strangly empty. Execpt for a tired looking bartended, nobody else was in the bar. I sat down at a table in one end of the bar, and waited for the host of whyever I, and whoever else those keys belonged to,  were at this hotel, to arrive.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 06:32:07 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
"That was close!", I thought to myself.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
I'm going into the story!

Well, there I was, standing in front of the Lummusomething hotel. It was big and shiny, like my brand new laptop that I carried in my laptop carrying case.

I was at the Hotel because I found a crumpled up and slightly damp invitation to the hotel in my mailbox. It said some stuff on it (I wasn't really paying attention when I read it) but one of the things I did read was that I was to go to the luxxormuffthing hotel and give the person at the front desk the invitation. So I walked in, and boy was it a shiny hotel. Like, real big and shiny! I standed there for a while, before handing the lady at the front desk the invitation. She said something along the lines that I should be at the bar at 6:32, and then she handed me a highly polished Silver key, telling me I had the Silver Suite. I took the elevator up to the 5th floor, and walked into the aptly-named Silver Suite.

Boy, was it shiny! The walls were all reflective and polished silver, with gold lining and little lights lighting up the entire room. I was getting hungry, so I looked in the refrigerator for some dragon-sized snacks. I opened it up to find shelf upon shelf of the most delicious looking food I had seen in a while, there was so much that describing it all would take several pages so I won't.

After clearing it out I found that it was almost time for the mysterious meeting with whoever. I headed down to the bar to find that it was empty, except for the bartender and a man sitting at a table on the far side of the bar. I, feeling like I was at the wrong place like I always do, sat down at a table a few tables down from the other man, ordered a root beer, and took out my laptop to pass the time while I waited.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Cover me I'm going into the story.

I had been at the hotel for 3 days I really should have read the date on the invitation properly oh well at least the room i was put in was empty seriously though who puts a meeting at 6:32 in the morning! I dragged my self out of bed hoping that what ever was going to happen wasn't a waste of time it was early and I might end up clocking someone from making me get up so early.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
I looked up. A man carring a laptop case walked in, and sat down at a table nearby. "Was this the guy?" I thought to myself. The Bartender looked over to us and asked if we wanted anything. He ordered a root beer, I ordered an Orange Soda. I was about to approch him when he took out his Laptop and started typing. This wasn't the guy, at least as far as i could tell. I sat back down and looked at my watch. It said 6:05 Am. "What the?" I hit it. The time stayed. "My watch is doing some screwy stuff." I muttered to myself. When i walked in the moon was shining as bright as ever. It couldn't be morning. Could it?

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
I was in the bar clearing up empty glasses, when someone asked me the time. I told him that it was 6:34.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
I stolled into the Hotel Bar Looking more or less like someone who had onlly recently got out of bed my watch said i was just over a minute early then again the clock in my mobile phone said i was 3 minutes late I looked up at the hotel clock it said the whole thing would be starting in a matter of seconds I took a seat neat the bar and wondered what was going to happen.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Having read all the obituaries in the Times and the Guardian, I noticed that it almost 6:32, although the clock didnt seem to want to fill me in on the exact time. I was tired of this room anyway, everything was red. Even the damn tv showed everything in a sort of red monochrome, red and black. I left my room and walked down the hall to the lift, as I did I noticed a figure peek out of the door to a room with a large opal set in the door, but as soon as they saw me they slammed it shut. Odd, i thought.
I entered the lift. The Muzac seemed somehow odd, you didnt usually hear big climactic opera numbers playing rather lifelessly in a lift, which I now realised had no buttons. I never thought about it but I had just entered and it had started going down. It opened and I saw I was back on the ground floor. Seeing the bar I strode in and sat down, ordering myself a Coke. Strange, i thought... when do I usually drink Coke? I looked around and saw two other men. One was the trench coated detective type, he was drinking what appeared to be orangeade, I'd really expect someone like that to be drinking Whiskey or neat Gin... not Orangade. The other man was drinking root beer with every sign of enjoyment, I really couldnt imagine what he would usually drink but I doubt it was root beer. I took a swig of my coke and looked up to see a third man walk in, he looked tired and somewhat Australian. He appeared to be holding a suite key as well, but I couldnt see to which one. 
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I'm going into the story...

The guests were starting to arrive. One had been here for a few days already but the other were showing up right on schedule. I greeted each one and checked them in, giving them a key to their room.  I wondered how long it would take for the guests to find out all the little surprises in store for them. Each room had been specially prepared for each guest. The entire scenario carefully planned out down to the invitations. 

The phone rang... it was the boss.  "Yes sir, things are going smoothly. We have four out of the seven invited guests here. The others should arrive soon. It's almost time for the meeting."

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
"I wonder what is going on", I thought. There was all these strange people showing up, and they all had special rooms. Quite a lot of people where in the bar, so I had to clean up dishes. I really wanted to carry up luggage up to rooms, so I could see what they where like. I was also bringing drinks to people, but they weren't giving me tips. I took a brerak for a minute to go to the bathroom. Inside the bathroom I saw the man in the trenchcoat looking around. I left and thought I should use the staff restroom.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
That's funny... my wireless internet isn't working, even though it is guarenteed to work all over the world! I thought to myself, it must be the hotel, too many signals or something. Also, they didn't even have a wireless hotspot! This whole thing was getting weirder and weirder! Well, without internet I decided to put away my laptop, and when I did I noticed that a few more people had walked into the bar... it looked like there were about 3 or 4 others, (I didn't really care to count). I checked my atomic watch, you know, the kind that synchronizes itself wirelessly with an atomic clock somewhere, but it said it was 13:82 O'clock! and not only that, but it said it was the year 1612! Talk about weird, huh? I decided to wait just a bit more...

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
(hey, Kojack had his Lollypops, I've got Orange Soda.)

I was at a loss for what time it truly was. I overheard the bellhop telling a man it was 6:34, which ment the sender of my invitation should have arrived minutes ago, but I noticed a clock on the wall above the bar that indicated he wasn't going to be here for another few minutes. Whether I had minutes or hours to wait before this mystery revealed itself, I did not know.  I told the man who had just asked me that I was not a reliable source for the information of time.

Another person entered the bar. I recognized him as the man who was reading the newspaper earlier. I noticed something in his back pocket reflecting the light coming from a lamp, overhanging what looked to be a old faded pool table. one that hadn't seen a game in decades. I focused my eyes and saw it was a key in his pocket, like mine in that it had a gem attached to it. I wondered if he would know anything about the invitations. He sat down at the bar and ordered a Coke. From what I could tell he seemed to be waiting for...something, as I was. I rose from my seat and made my way over. I sat down at the stool next to the man, though he didn't seem to be paying any attention to me. He was looking towards the entrance of the bar, where another person had come in. The man who had just walked through the door didn't seem to be the one behind this eigther, but he also had a key, like we did.

Finally one more person entered the bar. He was wearing a trenchcoat, like me, but his was a dark green.

"Ah, Gentlemen" he said loud enough to get everyone's attention. He spoke in a deep voice in which I could detect a slight french accent. "Please won't you join me." he said sitting down at the table the man with the Laptop was at.

I walked over and took a seat with the others, curious as to what was going on.
"I see we're still not all here yet." He said. "but I may as well begin seeing as how everyone else is on time." he said with a Smirk glancing at the clock on the wall.

I looked up. The clock said 6:32, right on the dot. I looked at my watch, also at 6:32. They both seemed to be exactly at the time. Unmoving.

He continued "I should start by telling you there's going to be a murder tonight."

A crash of thunder outside. The rain had developed into a storm.
"I think an explination is in order here." I said getting up.
"I think you'll find that by the end of tonight many questions will be answered, some you may not even know about. Now please save any comments till I've Finished Detective."
I sat back down.
"For the duration of the night, It'll be your job to figure out who did it." he said looking at us. "I can promise you three things. The first, that none of you will be killed tonight in this hotel, second that the murderer will not be me, and third Whoever deduces who the murderer truly is, will be rewarded hansomly. Now If you want, you can leave this room right now, hidden in the floorboards of each of your rooms is $100,000 in cash. You can take it, forget about my little challenge, and leave this hotel. Of course if you do this, I cannot guarentee your safety. If you stay, Indulge in my "Game" of sorts, I can promise the reward will be far beyond your wildest dreams."
He paused for a moment looking at the expressions on our faces.
"Whatever emotion your're all feeling right now" he continued. "It cannot be overcome by the mounting curiosity I've no doubt peaked in your minds. What will unfold tonight? Stay and you'll find out."

"And Whoever finds it out" he continued.
"Be it the detective." he said looking at me.
"The Journalist" he said looking at the man with the laptop.
"The Salesman." he said looking at the man who had come in looking fairly tired.
"The Psychiatrist" he said, looking at the man who had asked me the time earlier.
"Or the 'Ahem' Buisnessman." he said, looking at the man who had eyed me over the newspaper.
"This won't be a night you will soon forget. You have till midnight"

A crash of lightning. The lights in the hotel went out. They came back on only moments later, and he was gone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 03:41:33 pm by sgore »