Author Topic: Cubivore  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
Cubivore
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:04:08 am »
Anyone ever play this game? I think it was called Animal Leader or some such in Japan. Its been out for awhile now (few years I think), and it got decent reviews, but doesn't seem like there's a big buzz around it. (No fan websites, wallpapers, etc). I did note however that on ebay and at my local game store, it still runs between 25 and 35 dollars, which makes me think it may be quite good.
In concept, its a lot like EVO: quest for Eden (I think. Never played it so I'm not sure). But as I understand it, you're a cube, eating other shapes and evolving yourself to better hunt your prey. I think there was also something about choosing which animals to mate with so you can get their traits. I also think one of the trophys in super smash brothers was from cubivore. Hmmmm. Maybe I should just try and rent it, but I wanted to know if anyone here had played and what THEY thought.

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Cubivore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 10:30:28 am »
I rented this from gamefly a long time ago.  It was an intersting game, but i found it to be kind of boring after a few hours.  It's been so long I can't really remember many details of what i didn't like about it.  I know that when I started playing I was really into it.  It is definately an innovative game that offers new gaming experiences.  I think I just got confused because gamefly doesn't ship with manuals, so there were probably some aspects of the game I wasn't groking.  I wish I could remember it better.

It's definately a RARE game, so the price point you mentioned makes sense.

--Steve

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 12:42:11 am »
I saw a used copy of it at EB for like 35 bucks and the copy was pretty crappy just like the PSO that was $39 bucks and missing the book.  I wish I could find Phantasy Star Online for the cube again!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 12:37:01 pm by Gaming Steve »

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:31:39 pm »
I saw a friend playing it and it looked particularly fun although kind of crazy. -leeman

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 05:11:27 pm »
It's called Animal Bancho, and its awful...
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!