Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 87968 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Election
« Reply #2925 on: May 16, 2017, 08:16:10 pm »
The mantra I say is: do it right before you do it better.

Because otherwise it is impossible to do things better.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 16, 2017, 08:28:42 pm »
It's a good mantra.  I just don't see how "until we do it better, give up on it" fits into it.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2927 on: May 16, 2017, 08:40:08 pm »
That's just how I get through the day. Gotta do it right.

Big picture? I need help. I'm not confident and I'm not brave. If other people aren't going to put skin in the game with me, I won't play. Gotten burned too many times by jive talking losers that flake out as soon as things get real, leaving me to take the heat. Maybe I come off as selfish. But I'm just tired of being abandoned half-way down the path and left to sort it out myself. I'll keep getting back up and dusting myself off, but I'll move forward more cautiously than before. And I'm going to call a spade a spade.

A lot of these people have a vested interest in telling us "it's going to be okay" because obviously the alternative is ruinous for everyone. But I'm not going to keep lying to myself. The world and our species are in dire straits right now and we're either going to overcome it or we'll be consumed by it. And while I see a will to overcome, I don't see critical mass. For all the ranting and raving and protests and whatever that is happening today, I don't see or feel much in the way of an effective front that will change any of these problems.

It's great that people are "waking up", as they say; however, I feel like they're waking up in time to see the grand finale. This should have been solved by the protest movements in the 60s, but we knew better and pushed that off. We got comfy and decided that it could be fixed later. And now later is here and I think it's too late, guys. We should do what we can to make our world better, but we're not going to stop the tidal wave that is already coming at us. We've got to just brace for that and hope we can come out the other side and begin to build the world our children deserve.

I'm hopeful but fully expect disaster before that hope is realized, if only because past failures are on an unstoppable course toward us. I don't know if that makes sense to any of you, but that's the feeling I have.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 16, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »
As far as I see it with the "leaked" information to the Russians. The thing is that what the president disclose per definition is not secret anymore. Legally he can show anyone any information. So this make this all well and good then? Trump did not do anything wrong then?

Nope. Not so quick. The problem is not that he chose to show classified information. It is that again they lied about it. Trump knows it does not look that great if you show classified information to the Russians. Especially when the Russians do not need to know how USA gathered that information. So they lie about it. Not keep quiet. Not own up to it and say it was a good thing. Nope. Trump lies and then backtracks. It is a President you can not trust. And that I see as a bigger issue.

At least this is what I have gathered from all of this.

Personally I think people need to take steps to remove Trump from office (though legal means of course). I mean he has done enough stuff that are illegal from what I can tell. And no Swedish minister would even be able to sit in power after half of the dumb stuff trump has done.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 16, 2017, 09:38:35 pm »
The old line is that it isn't the crime, it's the coverup that gets you.

And something can be perfectly legal and still be an appallingly bad idea.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: May 17, 2017, 10:50:20 am »
So true
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 17, 2017, 03:18:28 pm »
big if true

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 17, 2017, 03:26:47 pm »
Hot off the presses:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/justice-dept-to-appoint-special-prosecutor-for-russia-probe-238524

Also all the Comey memo leaks from yesterday.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 17, 2017, 04:09:19 pm »
Because you want to celebrate the downfall or because you want to drown out the pain that it even had to come to this
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 17, 2017, 06:21:52 pm »
Because I'm thirsty.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 19, 2017, 03:56:39 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jared-kushner-russia-investigation-trump-song-in-law-probe-person-interest-a7745916.html

Man, this is shaping up to be something pretty historic if it comes down like people have been speculating

Someone end this please
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2936 on: May 20, 2017, 09:58:10 pm »
The ride never ends!

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 20, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »
And then there was this:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

He said, to Russian officials in the Oval Office.

Wasn't paying close attention but I haven't heard of anything going horrifically wrong on the international trip.  Some blatant hypocrisy, sure, but that barely registers anymore.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2938 on: May 20, 2017, 10:40:11 pm »
So is bizarro land the new normal now?

He only messed up the duties of the commander of the most powerful military ever created on Earth twice today!

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 20, 2017, 11:13:08 pm »
Which ones were those?