Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 220143 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1860 on: October 21, 2016, 06:12:48 am »
Ink, what's the context for the second picture?

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: October 21, 2016, 07:14:44 am »
thats the exact moment where trump went a little over board.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: October 21, 2016, 09:23:30 am »
trump so over board we have the coastguard looking for him

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1863 on: October 21, 2016, 10:39:19 am »
thats the exact moment where trump went a little over board.

trump so over board we have the coastguard looking for him

Two non-answers. Anyone have the context of the second image?

I don't doubt it was dumb, but I literally don't know this moment or event. So how about some help?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: October 21, 2016, 11:15:04 am »
"Hillary is so corrupt..." as the setup for a joke. Although of course I already told you that on steam so this is for the benefit of anyone else who's curious. Shortly after the booing started in earnest.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:19:52 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: October 21, 2016, 12:14:36 pm »
That charity dinner was rigged.

Edit: Listened to a bit of it. Hillary (and her speechwriters) are handing Donald his ass. Jesus, it's just one zinger after another.

I listened to both their speeches, and thought both were pretty cringeworthy.

Donald had some fun jabs at the start, but once he gets to the corrupt part, they aren't even really jokes anymore, it's like he's back on the debate stage.
It was some really inapropriate ****, and I don't see how bluntly saying that Hillary hates catholics is going to make people do anything but boo you wether its true or not.

And then Hillary had some good jokes too, and she hid the hard blows in some actual jokes to keep the tone light, but the stuff about accusing trump of being a russian puppet or joking about voter fraud just really didn't sit well with me with all the stuff that's out there.
The whole russia stuff really just sounds like paranoia or deflection seeing as it's baseless acusations in response to actual leaks about her.
I don't know if those jokes were meant to self deprecate her ridiculous accusations or joke about how "obvious" it is that Trump somehow is in bed with russia.

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1866 on: October 21, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »
Rich people party!!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: October 21, 2016, 01:00:26 pm »
That charity dinner was rigged.

Edit: Listened to a bit of it. Hillary (and her speechwriters) are handing Donald his ass. Jesus, it's just one zinger after another.

I listened to both their speeches, and thought both were pretty cringeworthy.

Donald had some fun jabs at the start, but once he gets to the corrupt part, they aren't even really jokes anymore, it's like he's back on the debate stage.
It was some really inapropriate ****, and I don't see how bluntly saying that Hillary hates catholics is going to make people do anything but boo you wether its true or not.

And then Hillary had some good jokes too, and she hid the hard blows in some actual jokes to keep the tone light, but the stuff about accusing trump of being a russian puppet or joking about voter fraud just really didn't sit well with me with all the stuff that's out there.
The whole russia stuff really just sounds like paranoia or deflection seeing as it's baseless acusations in response to actual leaks about her.
I don't know if those jokes were meant to self deprecate her ridiculous accusations or joke about how "obvious" it is that Trump somehow is in bed with russia.

The Russia stuff isn't really saying Trump is working for Russia. The impication is that Trump is so dumb, undisciplined and easily led that he would end up being manipulated into acting in Russia's interest. She has a point since in three debates she managed to goad him into losing his cool and going off on rants and tangents every time. Every debate was the same story, he does ok for about half an hour and then Hillary lands some veiled insult and he loses composure and starts his usual rambling and cheap shots.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: October 21, 2016, 02:41:07 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFvVVco5Og" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFvVVco5Og</a>

This should be the full speeches from both, with the introductions by the host.  The gif is from about 15:45.

Listen to the host give the introductions, or go back and listen to when Obama, Romney, and McCain did the event, to get an idea of how the jokes are supposed to go.  It's supposed to be old school, Dean Martin roast style stuff.  Self depreciating jokes, good natured ribbing, that sort of thing.  Clinton is no Obama, she has nowhere near the comedic timing, and she was definitely throwing some harder punches than past events.  But blame it on Trump's delivery, content, or both, once he got past the intro he completely whiffed on the purpose and the spirit of the event.

And the Russian hacking stuff is more than just a Hillary talking point, it's what US intelligence has said on multiple occasions.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-intelligence-briefing-russia-20161014-story.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:11:50 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: October 22, 2016, 01:53:25 pm »
So do you consider yourself an enemy of the system?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1870 on: October 22, 2016, 10:09:35 pm »
HEY HEY, HO HO

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: October 23, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1872 on: October 23, 2016, 05:09:17 pm »
So, for the record, "alt-right" was made up as a catch-all term for us internet people, right?

Otherwise known as disaffected liberals. :U

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: October 23, 2016, 07:42:01 pm »
It includes a lot of people really.
The only thing they all have in common is ****posting.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: October 23, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »
I think of it as mostly internet people who either love Trump or hate Hillary, but don't have much to do with usual republican/conservative views or policies.  They probably hate SJW's, too.

It reminds me of discussions of who or what is a hipster.  Or an SJW, probably.