Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 218755 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1530 on: July 28, 2016, 09:29:09 pm »
Thrump have never done the campaign in a 101 fashion. Just one more off his gaffs. He say a lot of dumb stuff he does not mean. Do not think however I am defending him. No. The very fact that he do not think he should be held accountable for what he says will make him a poor president. What are you really voting for if you elect him to start? No. Avoid voting for Trump.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 28, 2016, 10:25:57 pm »
Oh right, and Russia.  Did you all forget about Ukraine?  The other border countries have good reason to be concerned.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1532 on: July 29, 2016, 08:27:07 am »
That still leaves that he took a day to clarify, even though he was asked to do so at the very event where he said it in the first place.  No, he left it unexplained to bounce around as the main story about his campaign.  He also didn't explain what he meant to his campaign surrogates, instead leaving them to make stuff up and twist in the wind, the same as when they took a day or two to explain the Melania speech plagiarism mess.  This is campaign 101 stuff.  You hit back on stories that go sideways promptly, you get talking points out to the team and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I get that these aren't concerns for the average voter and that it hasn't hurt Trump so far, but the fact that he and his team struggle with the basics of a campaign doesn't give me much confidence that he can carry out the duties of the office.

Are they struggling with the basics or are they just turning it all on its head? Trump has cultivated the expectation of uncertainty about him while somehow still gathering enough votes to potentially become President. I'd argue that, if he wins, Trump will have run a perfect campaign.

Trump is the linchpin of it all. He is the only person that can pull this method off. There is nobody else on the planet that could get away with it. This is his superpower and what makes him exceptional. No future candidate is going to be able to accomplish nearly what Trump has, though make no mistake that people will try to emulate the 2016 strategy and fail.

What Trump says is what the story is, until Trump decides to say something different. Let the surrogates flounder around and try to soften it. This allows many versions of the same message to hit receptive targets. Then big man Trump comes in later on to clarify and since people have already bought into a modified narrative, there's a good chance they will just go with the "refined" version Trump comes out with a day later.

Furthermore, the news reports on it all day. As the confusion grows, so does the coverage. Hillary can't get a word in edgewise and all you hear about is Trump. The viewer becomes tired of the media reporting this drivel and nonsense, making Trump's anti-media message more resonant. These people are pushed one inch closer to Trump, making his entire platform that much more appealing.

And he still has 102 more days to do this. Each one pushes more people a little closer. It's like that arcade game with the coins laying on a ledge: coin pusher. You have to dump a lot of money into it but eventually you'll push enough people toward the edge to cause the avalanche. This election is that times a thousand. The 2016 election is no normal coin pusher game.

This is our election, Trump is the dude playing, buckle the **** up:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0OnmhhFk9g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0OnmhhFk9g</a>

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 29, 2016, 08:37:32 am »
he thinks climate change is a chinese hoax though
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1534 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:54 am »
Yeah they still talk about that one. It was a good one.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 29, 2016, 09:27:37 am »
hahahahahahahdontvoteforhim
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1536 on: July 29, 2016, 09:43:48 am »
That's a fair point.

But I can still be impressed and interested in his campaign from the standpoint of someone that is interested in politics and history and whatnot. It's pretty cool to be able to witness this sort of moment.

**EDIT**
Speaking of, this is a good opening to post this article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/jane-sanders-why-bernie-voters-shouldnt-get-over-it-w431428
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:45:34 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 31, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »
But enough about Trump going to war with the parents of a dead soldier.  Let's watch him flail about trying to answer a question on Ukraine.

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/donald-trump-russia-ukraine-nato-41028664

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-donald-trump-vice-president-joe-biden/story?id=41020870

TRUMP: Well, look, you know, I have my own ideas. [Putin's] not going into Ukraine, OK?

Just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right?

You can mark it down and you can put it down, you can take it anywhere you want.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, he's already there, isn't he?

TRUMP: OK, well, he's there in a certain way, but I'm not there yet. You have Obama there. And frankly, that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama, with all the strength that you're talking about and all of the power of NATO and all of this, in the meantime, he's going where -- he takes -- takes Crimea, he's sort of -- I mean...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But you said you might recognize that.

TRUMP: I'm going to take a look at it. But, you know, the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were. And you have to look at that, also.

Now, that was under -- just so you understand, that was done under Obama's administration. And as far as the Ukraine is concerned, it's a mess. And that's under the Obama's administration, with his strong ties to NATO.

So with all of these strong ties to NATO, Ukraine is a mess. Crimea has been taken. Don't blame Donald Trump for that.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 01, 2016, 06:38:36 am »
So he flails around incoherently and then ends it with an immaculate soundbite.

This campaign is crazy. We're on a super-liberal part of the internet (like most parts of the internet) and people only want to talk about Trump. And of course we want to talk about Trump, he's an expert ruseman. We can talk about how great he is at trolling the media. We can spend months just talking future president Trump and the fun stuff he says we'll do.

We don't talk about the other one. We can't talk about the other one, because there isn't anything nice to say.

This is a one-horse race.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1539 on: August 01, 2016, 08:54:03 am »
Lurk has finally weighed in on the election.

DEFINITIVE.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:21 pm »
It seems that Mr. Trump isn't having a very good week.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-08-03/donald-trump-is-the-lone-ranger-candidate?int=a14709

And from one of the people quoted in the article with some ...colorful comments on Trump, some thoughts from twitter on the "Nuke ISIS" story from Morning Joe.  Starts at the bottom because twitter is weird.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co8r5IvWIAAFPiM.jpg:large

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:28:34 pm by Inkling »

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 04, 2016, 04:22:36 am »
poor mr trump

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 04, 2016, 05:14:31 am »
"This will be the end of Trump's campaign", says increasingly-worried man for the fifth time this year.

Trump is here to win the election, not convince people that he'd be a good president.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1543 on: August 04, 2016, 05:44:43 am »
Just like Obama!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 04, 2016, 08:22:06 am »
poor mr trump

But Trump told me he was rich! I am not sure what to believe now  :-\
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)