Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 220120 times)

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1515 on: July 26, 2016, 09:40:03 am »
I'd do math,that's lots of fun!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1516 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:28 am »
brown-brown

#wechildsoldiersnow

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 26, 2016, 04:21:20 pm »
Gaaaaaaah

Will the leaks change anything? How many more could there be? God damn I want to believe in the dream . Why am I so addicted to this and let it impact me so heavily ffs
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 26, 2016, 07:24:17 pm »
Don't count on the leaks.  This year is insane, nothing is impossible I guess, but don't count on it.  Hillary's the nominee and it'd take somebody finding the bodies to change that.

And yeah, politics is addictive.  Even when it's painful.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1519 on: July 26, 2016, 10:51:12 pm »
Hillary's the nominee and it'd take somebody finding the bodies to change that.

Bodies? We got something for that.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Shot-Killed-in-Northwest-DC-386316391.html

"There had been a struggle. His hands were bruised, his knees are bruised, his face is bruised, and yet he had two shots to his back, and yet they never took anything,"

Also here's some anti-Hillary copypasta:

Quote from: copypasta
We all know Debbie Wasserman Schultz (DWS) was the co-chair of Hillary's 2008 presidential run, where she lost the nomination to Obama. So, in order to lock down the nomination for 2016, Hillary was able to get DWS in charge of the DNC and manipulate it from within. That's the theory anyway, except....

In order for this to work, they would first have to, not only get the DNC chair to step down, but also get them to recommend DWS for the position. The Clinton's would have to promise something to that person, something more prestigious than being head of the Democratic party. So who was that person and what did they get in return?

It would appear that Donna Brazile was in-line to get the position, but she was only the interim chair after the previous chair left, served only one month. According to this, http://rulers.org/usgovt.html#parties, the previous chair of the DNC prior to DWS was Tim Kaine.

Yes, HRC Vice President running m8 Tim Kaine.

www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/tim-kaine-hillary-clinton-vice-president.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:12:38 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1520 on: July 27, 2016, 12:16:18 pm »
And for today...

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

**EDIT**
Alright so I gotta take time and read through this one. Maybe I'll do it.

http://www.election-justice-usa.org/Democracy_Lost_Update1_EJUSA.pdf

This report is apparently one that shows proof of election fraud in the DNC. It includes an estimate of how many delegates Bernie Sanders lost. I gotta read it to be sure. If it's true, he should be the nominee. Dunno, gotta read it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:12:08 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 27, 2016, 07:01:03 pm »
Meanwhile over at Trump Land, it's another story where you can tell reporters are having trouble keeping a straight face:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-invites-russia-to-meddle-in-the-us-presidential-race-with-clintons-emails/2016/07/27/a85d799e-5414-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

So we have a presidential nominee calling on a foreign power and probably our biggest rival in espionage to spy on his opponent.  Mainly to spy on her time as Secretary of State.  At what point is Trump's nonsense going to veer into criminality?  And then when asked about recognizing Crimea as part of Russia, he gave his standard blow off the question answer of "we'll look into it."  And then there's his talk the other day of bailing on NATO allies.  And then, and then, and then...  Look, I don't like Hilary either, she plays dirty, but I can't see an equivalence here.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 27, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »
OK, I have stayed out of this crap, and I don't want either of these scumbags winning... but seriously... it WAS A JOKE and it WAS A SHOT AT THE PRESS.. and people are screaming F***ING TREASON!

GET
A
SENSE
OF
HUMOR

sadly nobody I know has one right now. ******* is EVIL and ****** is the DEVIL

The presidency is lost, vote for congress!

-Lego

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 27, 2016, 08:49:48 pm »
I could chalk that one up as a joke if Trump says it was and just wait for tomorrow's insane, normally campaign ending moment.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg</a>

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1524 on: July 28, 2016, 07:37:10 am »
I could chalk that one up as a joke if Trump says it was and just wait for tomorrow's insane, normally campaign ending moment.

Eh, I think you're misguided on this one. I watched it live, like I do most of the speeches that the people give.

If ever there was a throwaway joke line from Trump, this one was it. It's so obviously a joke. I watched a Daily Show last night at a friend's place and Trevor Noah hitched his wagon to this issue for almost the entire show and it was embarrassing. Time and time again they're focusing on the wrong issues. But hey, they'll run with this "Trump is a Russian spy" narrative for as long as they have to so long as they don't have to actually address the real crimes of the DNC.

Furthermore, he never asked Russia to spy on us. He said that "if anyone out there has the emails" that they should turn them over to the FBI. And that our parasitic media would reward whoever had that data greatly. His implication was that they are already spying on us, so maybe they have it? Maybe someone has it? Let us know if you do!

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said during a news conference at one of his South Florida resorts. He added later, “They probably have them. I’d like to have them released.”

Oh and it was also a joke.

But again, let's focus on how Trump is saying nice things about a rival leader (with his own set of issues and problems) and is advocating for working with our rivals more. Somehow a desire to, as Trump says, "get along with people instead of fighting for everything" makes him the Manchurian Candidate. What world are we living in right now?

it WAS A JOKE and it WAS A SHOT AT THE PRESS

For real. He literally takes five to ten minutes of every major speech to call the press "the most horrible people in the world", this is his thing.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 28, 2016, 07:54:15 am »
I don't get why Russia is still considered an adversary.

Is there abserious chance it will invade a NATO country? Why? Does more land get them more money now days? Furthermore, why do we owe the countries that actually don't pay their fair share of the NATO bill? If I recall, if you don't pay your taxes in some areas or your local fire dept, they will come out and watch your house burn to the ground as they stand by to protect those that are current with them.

Idk. I don't see Russia as a big bad. It's a second tier country surrounded by other second tier countries. Bfd
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1526 on: July 28, 2016, 08:15:45 am »
Indeed. The "Trump wants to dissolve NATO" line is pretty egregious in terms of how deceptive it is spun.

Like you said, erops, he is talking tough to get countries to pay their obligations.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:40 am »
If I recall, if you don't pay your taxes in some areas or your local fire dept, they will come out and watch your house burn to the ground as they stand by to protect those that are current with them.

LIBERTARIAN UTOPIA HAIL RAND USA USA USA
Not a winner anymore.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 28, 2016, 08:29:56 am »
Well yeah it's ****ed up, but I mean that is the way America operates domestically so I am surprised people are surprised it carries internationally

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 28, 2016, 08:44:07 pm »
So Trump said today that he was kidding, being sarcastic.  Fair enough, I'll set it aside as a joke.  That still leaves that he took a day to clarify, even though he was asked to do so at the very event where he said it in the first place.  No, he left it unexplained to bounce around as the main story about his campaign.  He also didn't explain what he meant to his campaign surrogates, instead leaving them to make stuff up and twist in the wind, the same as when they took a day or two to explain the Melania speech plagiarism mess.  This is campaign 101 stuff.  You hit back on stories that go sideways promptly, you get talking points out to the team and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I get that these aren't concerns for the average voter and that it hasn't hurt Trump so far, but the fact that he and his team struggle with the basics of a campaign doesn't give me much confidence that he can carry out the duties of the office.

Back to the Democrats... for non-political reasons I'm not sure if they can pull it off.  This is not a charismatic ticket.  Hilary is about as relatable and approachable as Martha Stewart.  Tim Kaine is kind of a dweeb.  Bill Clinton, Obama, Biden, they were all in their element in the convention speeches.  The two actually running for office, not so much.