Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 90380 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1470 on: July 15, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »
no, no, the Nice thing was already a smokescreen for the police shooting thing, don't you see?

The coincidence of me posting this after my absurd username change is not lost on me.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 15, 2016, 03:41:43 pm »
Haha, they don't even realise praying doesn't do anything!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 15, 2016, 04:10:36 pm »
OK, I had to do a little history digging. I did not realize that Turkish military overthrows were more common than White House scandals.

You can go about your business, move along.

-Lego

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 16, 2016, 09:33:27 am »
Yeah you can see why EU is not really that keen on letting them join yet. Coups are not really a regular feature of European democracies after all. Anyway I do not think it effects the US election that much does it?
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1474 on: July 16, 2016, 09:57:58 am »
Anyway I do not think it effects the US election that much does it?

Depends what the media and campaigns decide.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 16, 2016, 10:46:24 am »
We're less than 24 hours from the event starting, so hard to say.  One candidate or another saying something boneheaded about the coup attempt is more likely to have an impact than the coup attempt itself, unless someone starts messing with US/NATO bases or Americans in the country.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1476 on: July 17, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58</a>

This is a year. A real year.

The video should work despite the thumbnail.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 18, 2016, 02:30:54 am »
Sheriff Clarke apparently hasn't heard of de-escalation. 

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 18, 2016, 06:31:11 am »
Neither has the Labour party, Labour boy.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 18, 2016, 08:26:33 am »
Sure, but like he said, they're not really a coherent organisation, so you can't accuse "Black lives Matter" of seriously making some sort of concerted effort to get cops killed as a group. The police force are an organised, hierarchical organisation, he's a senior member of that organisation and he has a responsibility to handle things in a way which is consistent with the mission statement or constitution of the police, which I believe is something along the lines of "to protect and serve". Going on tv, yelling, being visibly angry and just pushing his own personal line isn't a responsible act. As an individual he's entitled to those views and he can express them all he wants in private, but taking a platform like that is irresponsible, particularly in light of his seniority. 

For some reason this sentiment doesn't seem popular with a lot of people that get involved in the debate but police can and should be held to a higher standard than random people on the street. It's sort of part of the job.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1480 on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:06 am »
In response to Sam.

Well, like you say, the police department is hierarchical and has a creed. Therefore if they have a problem, it can and will be fixed with enough pressure. They will not be able to fix those problems if they are being shot at, antagonized, and underappreciated on a regular basis. BLM has absolutely been the cause of this recent escalation. Yes, they were a response to a legitimate problem; however, they have been anything but noble with their cause and to call them nonviolent is laughable.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JezQNSirUe8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JezQNSirUe8</a>

Here is one of their leaders, the one that took the mic at the Bernie Sanders rally. Her tactics are crude and dishonorable, she speaks in broad strokes about white people and ascribes her personal story to all black people.

Quote from: Marissa Johnson
I think for black Americans we need to look completely outside the system. I don't think anybody's put any policies that remotely even speak to what we're getting at.

Quote from: Marissa Johnson
What it's going to take to dismantle white supremacy is white folks actually gotta give up something.

This woman is obviously a racist. And she was in charge of a major wing of the BLM movement and her tactics are what propelled the movement into the spotlight during primary season. She has no regard for white people and uses black people as a tool and a wedge to achieve some crazy, self-centered goal. This junk trickles down, organizations operate top-down. The movement has been pushing the police around for two years, effectively playing "I'm not touching you!" whilst screaming epithets out of the other side of their mouth. It's rotten and ruins any chance of actual progress.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 18, 2016, 10:23:55 am »
Ok as a general response to all points I just want to say that I'm not addressing whether or not BLM is a good thing, or the nature of the individuals or groups which make it up. I don't live in the USA, and even if I did I probably wouldn't have the sort of contact with the right people which I would need to make a judgement on this issue. All I can see is what's in the mainstream media and online, and it's an incredibly muddled message so my response is to just leave it alone. I can't comment on how BLM comport themselves or the legitimacy the group has, or how that reflects on civil rights overall. I only want to address some points about the police.

Police are not paid to die, and it is not sort of part of the job. They can't protect and serve as their prime directive when they are in danger of being murdered by any member of a group they need to be protecting and serving. 

Police aren't paid to die the same way fire-fighters, soldiers and loggers aren't paid to die, but it's a real risk of the job. At any rate, my comment about it being part of the job was not directed at police laying down their lives, it was about their general behaviour as individuals. In their public role I don't think it's unreasonable to expect police to act in a certain way, to hold their tongue even if they want to make certain statements which may be true, but would obviously cause a situation to escalate.
If it's to be believed that there are genuinely racist ideologues inside BLM that are trying to manipulate the situation for their own benefit then having angry sheriffs denouncing BLM on television plays entirely into their hands. The same way that Al Quaida benefits from western governments cracking down on all Muslims or indiscriminately bombing Syrian towns, because it cultivates an us and them mentality which just gets them more recruits.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:55 am »
Except the way you arbitrarily pick a team and then compete with the other teams for no reason >_>

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 18, 2016, 12:36:44 pm »
They match the colours of the legendary birds.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 18, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »
Zapdos highest tier best team
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.