Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 226741 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1365 on: June 15, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
Putting the NRA in charge of gun licensing is the worst idea I've heard in... Well, I was going to say a very long time, but then I remembered Trump is still pushing to ban entry to the country based on religion.  But yeah, putting the NRA in charge of guns is an incredibly bad idea.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 15, 2016, 05:07:04 pm »
http://www.inquisitr.com/3201406/hillary-clinton-fbi-investigation-enough-evidence-for-an-indictment-but-more-emails-coming-wiikileaks-founder-julian-assange-claims/

eropS's predictions bear fruit.

The fire licks at heels, after draughting down to embers.

My, does it Bern.

Sorry if I'm late on this one. A couple days old. Still relevant, though, I should think.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 15, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »
Putting the NRA in charge of gun licensing is like putting Mothers Against Drunk Driving in charge of liquor licenses or PETA in charge of hunting and fishing.

And the American Medical Association does not license doctors.  That's done by the states.  It says so on their own site.  They're a professional association and advocacy group, not a regulatory body.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/education-careers/becoming-physician/medical-licensure.page

Sure, a hypothetical neutral private body could take on regulatory powers.  But enforcing regulations should probably be handled by the body that comes up with the laws and regulations.  You know, the government.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 15, 2016, 09:34:26 pm »
The comparison was that they all have a very clear bias on their issue, make a lot of noise, throw around a lot of money, and can be belligerent in spreading their views.  Not the best qualities in a potential regulatory body.

In other news, Trump.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-us-troop-stole-millions-and-millions-in-iraq-224352

http://imgur.com/a/ATcsi

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1369 on: June 16, 2016, 05:14:53 am »
I don't know about either of them.

I do know that those cases full of American dollars being handed out to dust farmers because we blew up their rat corral pissed me off then and still pisses me off now. Apparently the best way to get the government to give me money is to let them kill my family and blow up my land or to just be a dick and lie and steal my way to the top. And here I've been trying to work hard and play by the rules. lolol

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 16, 2016, 07:04:26 am »
You talking about Native Americans?!
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 16, 2016, 10:29:21 am »
I do know that those cases full of American dollars being handed out to dust farmers because we blew up their rat corral pissed me off then and still pisses me off now. Apparently the best way to get the government to give me money is to let them kill my family and blow up my land or to just be a dick and lie and steal my way to the top. And here I've been trying to work hard and play by the rules. lolol

What about the even larger cases of American dollars being spent on blowing up the dust farms in the first place? Pretty sure if they just went easy on the cruise missiles and aircraft carrier fuel for a couple of weeks they could pay those people reparations ten times over.

If the KKK comitted a bunch of terrorist attacks in Japan and then the Japanese flew over and started bombing them and then accidentally blew up your house and car surely you'd be marching up to the doors of the Japanese embassy to get some restitution?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1372 on: June 16, 2016, 11:05:52 am »
I don't look at it like that. The way I see it, you make this financial commitment to blow the place up. So stick to that. Committing more money to literally hand out doesn't matter and doesn't make up for lives lost so why bother?

Also, to get back to the NRA topic. I took my head out of my ass a little bit and came to the realization: why the **** does the NRA matter in any of this anyway. **** them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:07:43 am by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1373 on: June 16, 2016, 11:42:31 am »
I had a portion in my post about that and then removed it because I thought it was straying too far.

So really I was right.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1374 on: June 16, 2016, 12:40:02 pm »
He had gotten banned the other day and then reinstated.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 16, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »
The merits of the payments in Iraq and how they were handled aside, accusing US soldiers of stealing millions of dollars is another example to add the the list of the countless things Trump has said that would immediately, deeply damage any other candidate.

Twitter is weird.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1376 on: June 16, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »
New controversy to push away the old one. Rise and repeat long enough for Hillary to implode.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 16, 2016, 04:24:12 pm »
trump is mister peanut

FINALLY chitoes says what he really thinks!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 17, 2016, 05:07:07 pm »
Don't ever accuse me of thinking!  ;D

I swing through once a month or so and there is always some nice nugget.

-Lego

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1379 on: June 18, 2016, 04:30:57 am »
New controversy to push away the old one. Rise and repeat long enough for Hillary to implode.

Trump is like that kid in middle school that says you have something on your shirt then flicks/hits your nose when you look down.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:08:49 am by Brandonazz »