Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 226190 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1335 on: June 07, 2016, 06:01:12 am »
If you watch John Oliver, online universities and similar predatory industries are getting away with more than Trump is being accused of, yet he is being singled out.

Ok but Greenlearn Online Chartered University Plus isn't running for President.

Is it hypocritical that Hillary is seemingly getting less flack for real or alleged wrongdoing than Trump is for his real or alleged wrongdoing? Maybe? If you want to be extremely literal then yes. But real life is complicated and not amenable to black and white rules where everyone is held to the same exact standards and all decisions are based on rigorously applied logical rules.

Hillary gets off with stuff that would totally disqualify Trump? Maybe that's because she has a long and proven track record in government. Call it cronyism if you want but people get leniency based on prior service. Clinton got minimal consequences for perjury and Nixon got pretty light consequences for a number of serious crimes. I'm sure you don't have to dig very deep to find a laundry list of politicians who have infractions overlooked because they have previously served well or demonstrated loyalty. It's a natural part of human nature.

Is that right? To a certain extent I would say yes. The terms of your contract at your job may state in no uncertain terms that being five minutes late for work is an offence which has consequences, but if you're otherwise a very hard worker and often go beyond the call of duty your manager might rightly overlook it. Then the question becomes where you draw the line, rather than "is it right to bend the rules sometimes".

Trump is trying to have his cake and eat it by playing the outsider card. To expect to get the benefits of preaching his outsider status to his followers and then refuse to take the obvious consequences with good grace is at worst childish and at best another one of his rhetorical tactics (wah wah the bad people are against me, I must be good, just terrific, very unfair). Trump gets less leniency than Hillary because he hasn't earned any leniency with decades of political service. Having clout with the people who make the rules and make the accusations stick is as much a part of politics (if not more) than Trump's lauded ability to whip up a massive crowd.     
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 07, 2016, 11:45:26 am »
I would like to point out that deductions are not loopholes ether. And deductions can benefit the poor depending on how the tax system is set up. In a hypothetical example: If you have tax deduction on medical cost for example then is very likely going to benefit those with low income a lot more then those with high income.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 07, 2016, 04:27:38 pm »
Which strikes me more as a joke than an endorsement.

I was thinking today, since The Don said the judge in his fraud case had a conflict of interest for being Mexican, all of the talk has been about Trump being racist.  But he's been dealing with that since he announced he was running.  Sure, he's getting more pushback on it now than he has in a while, but I wonder if he would rather deal with the racism charge than having his business acumen questioned with the fraud case.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 07, 2016, 05:13:46 pm »
Meh, I don't think it was calculated. I think he thinks that since the judge is a mexican immigrant activist* of hispanic decent he has an interest in seeing Trump lose beyond just the case.

Made sense to me, the guy is clearly a 60+ year old white man idk what people expect.

Bernie pls

*Mexican immigrant activist, ie, he is an activist for mexican immigrants, not a mexican immigrant who is an activist
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:22:36 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1339 on: June 07, 2016, 07:20:22 pm »
I think it was calculated.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:28 pm »
Well, Bernie fans, what do you do now?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 07, 2016, 07:34:28 pm »
what do you mean? they called it yesterday, it's been over since super tuesday.

HRC gets indicted or she doesn't, thats been it since Feb.

The delusion lives on.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1342 on: June 07, 2016, 08:38:31 pm »
Well, Bernie fans, what do you do now?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 08, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/ap-bondi-sought-trump-donation-before-dropping-fraud-case/2280537

How many times has Trump bragged about buying off politicians?

"When I want something, I get it," Trump said at a rally in Iowa in January. "When I call, they kiss my ass. It's true."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1344 on: June 08, 2016, 03:08:32 pm »
Trump gets a pass because he never lied about it. Cooky!

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1345 on: June 08, 2016, 03:23:56 pm »
Oh Pam Bondi, you keep being the Florida politician you were meant to be.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 08, 2016, 03:24:55 pm »
Not gonna lie, Pat.  I'm going to steal your car.  It's gonna be the classiest automotive theft you've ever seen, and you're gonna thank me for it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1347 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:13 pm »
Shame on me for not expecting it at this point.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 09, 2016, 11:05:41 am »
Obama endorsed Hillary.

Guess that kind of signals FBI not so hot? Idk. ****. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1349 on: June 09, 2016, 11:22:57 am »
The bombs will drop soon.