Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 218768 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1290 on: June 03, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »
/thread

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 03, 2016, 08:42:23 pm »
My turn to post the long, unorthodox political interview that nobody will actually watch:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQIuHGbKckY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQIuHGbKckY</a>
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1292 on: June 03, 2016, 09:54:13 pm »
>more than two hours

Oh yeah that was a great video that I certainly watched. :Y

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 03, 2016, 10:04:58 pm »
It's a radio show so I mean it's more like a podcast
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1294 on: June 03, 2016, 10:13:43 pm »
I'm too busy occluding my dark thoughts with British comedy panel shows.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 03, 2016, 10:14:44 pm »
I'm just trying to prove that I'm better than Pat and his measly hour long videos.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1296 on: June 04, 2016, 07:12:26 am »
Hey I listened to that Joe Rogan episode. It was really good!

There was another one as well... let me see if I can find it.

FOUND IT! Was with Dave Rubin.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBWv9yaf_w4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBWv9yaf_w4</a>

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 04, 2016, 11:34:17 am »
Dang, Pat wins again.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1298 on: June 05, 2016, 01:09:53 pm »
So.

When are we gonna have a talk about how the media, the police, and a large portion of the public are simply okay with violent protests at every Trump rally? This is entirely unacceptable. And the police are not doing anything about it. They won't arrest people or even touch them for whatever reason. Maybe they're scared? And the media ignores this unfair treatment and even goes as far as to blame Trump people for "being provocative".

muh victim blaming

And the public... oh the public... your crimes are the worst of all because you are ignorant to it.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 05, 2016, 01:47:35 pm »
So.

When are we gonna have a talk about how the media, the police, and a large portion of the public are simply okay with violent protests at every Trump rally? This is entirely unacceptable. And the police are not doing anything about it. They won't arrest people or even touch them for whatever reason. Maybe they're scared? And the media ignores this unfair treatment and even goes as far as to blame Trump people for "being provocative".

Guess now the Trump supporters know what it's like to be black.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1300 on: June 05, 2016, 01:53:42 pm »
Even the black ones!

Though your implication is pretty ****ty. A lot of these people are working class and have been jerked around by the system and society for their whole lives. They already know what it is like and your flippant disregard for them is ****ing disturbing. What is happening is not right.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 05, 2016, 02:00:13 pm »
I never got the whole thing about the working class rallying around someone rich that pretty much preaches that the rich should get richer.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1302 on: June 05, 2016, 02:16:01 pm »
Can't explain it either.

However that doesn't accurately reflect what Trump has been preaching to them this election cycle.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 05, 2016, 03:59:43 pm »
Even the black ones!

Though your implication is pretty ****ty. A lot of these people are working class and have been jerked around by the system and society for their whole lives. They already know what it is like and your flippant disregard for them is ****ing disturbing. What is happening is not right.

Yes, I wasn't disagreeing that it's wrong.

It's possible for both black people in America *and* angry, disenfranchised Trump voters to be a victim of a bent system, I wasn't implying that one problem was worse than another or anything.

It's not like you to decide that suddenly a topic can't be joked about  :(

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 05, 2016, 05:37:26 pm »
So.

When are we gonna have a talk about how the media, the police, and a large portion of the public are simply okay with violent protests at every Trump rally?

Are they, though?  I know that the protests have gotten a good amount of attention in the media.  As they say, if it bleeds, it leads.  I really don't know how much condemnation there has been, or if it gets the same "gawk at the spectacle" coverage as Trump and anything around him.

With the police, different forces are going to have different capabilities and different strategies to deal with a large violent group.  One of the videos I saw, everything rapidly escalated when police took someone into custody.  A somewhat hands off approach may keep protests from getting even more violent, I don't know.  Just speculation.

And the public, well.  If I knew what the general public was thinking I wouldn't have been in denial about Trump for so long.  But maybe there seems to not be much outcry because there's been a steady stream of violent rhetoric and political activity.  There's been violence on both sides at Trump events.  Black Lives Matter has crashed events of supporters and opponents alike.  There were the riots in Baltimore and the media has eagerly held its breath waiting for more violence every time a verdict is reached in these unarmed black shootings.  I'd include the Bundy supporters' armed squatting in Oregon.  Hell, I might go so far as to include Occupy Wall Street and their insisting that they be allowed to camp for free and indefinitely on any city property.  So yeah, egging and tackling Trump supporters didn't happen in a vacuum.  What is "normal," what is "acceptable" political activity may be shifting, and not in a good direction.