Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 219105 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1275 on: June 01, 2016, 06:07:12 pm »
I don't think Brandon was blaming Trump for precedent, he was complaining about that precedent.

Well duh.

I didn't think it was possible to be so defensive that one could construe my post as "Donald Trump is the reason for everything bad about executive authority in American history"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:05:13 am by Brandonazz »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 01, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »
Trump is hard for me.

I have a pre existing condition, and repealing Obamacare would be bad. I hate his energy policy, I think he's dooming us all.

But Hillary just has so many things wrong. Trade. Economy. Special interest. His just all bad. Idk.

Maybe Trump wouldn't get away with most? Maybe he's actually great at his job? Maybe he puts the right people in place ...?

I don't know if I believe much of that. I do believe Hillary is bad for us. I don't know if I could vote for Trump....

I'm like, idk, hinged on Bernie being president. Otherwise my vote will probably go Stein even though green party isn't great. Bernie or bust. Or maybe vote Trump and roll the dice?

It ain't going to hrc

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:36:45 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1277 on: June 01, 2016, 06:43:20 pm »
As a sidenote, I don't buy any of the bluster about "repealing Obamacare" from anyone that says it. And even if they did manage to do that (which they won't), they won't roll back the mandate for preexisting conditions. Because people love that part of it. In fact, taken individually, most people like the odds and ends of the ACA. But when you take it as a whole the numbers plummet.

But it definitely does need to be fixed. Because I fall in the doughnut hole. I am not wealthy enough to afford coverage, but not poor enough to get medicare. So I don't have insurance and am paying a massive fine for it. But that fine is still cheaper than having the insurance. I really want to go to a doctor, it has been almost six years at this point. But I can't afford it and for various reasons I was never eligible to be on my parents' insurance plans when I was of age to do so.

Set up single payer and let's be done with it. I'm sick of the Eurotrash mocking us for it and I don't want to die young because of something dumb I couldn't have detected because of money issues. I live in the ****ing United States goddammit.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 01, 2016, 06:46:20 pm »
Yeah but what do you think Trump will do if a GOP Senate house sends a repeal obamacare bill bus way? Veto it...?

Idk.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 01, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »
I have no idea what Trump would actually do on any issue or any bill other than one to name stuff after himself.

Meanwhile, the guys claiming leadership of #NeverTrump have apparently come up with a candidate... and it may be the most pathetic move I've seen yet this cycle.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/never-trump-movement-settled-candidate-195613642.html

President French.  Yeah I don't think so.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:22:31 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 02, 2016, 01:19:12 am »
Yeah but what do you think Trump will do if a GOP Senate house sends a repeal obamacare bill bus way? Veto it...?

Idk.

Ok, so first of all, today I passed a bill repealing Obamacare, and instating Trumpcare. It's the most fantastic single payer health insurance program the world has ever seen.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1281 on: June 02, 2016, 09:35:35 am »
I would not have a problem with any of that. Including the delivery.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 02, 2016, 10:26:14 am »
It would be hilarious if all of Trump's strongman tactics and right wing bluster were a trojan horse to introduce the most progressive policies America has ever seen.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1283 on: June 02, 2016, 10:37:01 am »
There is a conspiracy-tier theory that says just that. The Clintons got him in the race so that the agenda can be set no matter who wins.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 02, 2016, 01:27:08 pm »
That would imply that Clinton's are pushing a progressive platform.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1285 on: June 02, 2016, 02:29:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6_dipHDwA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6_dipHDwA</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzBGhLWULkQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzBGhLWULkQ</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scrU2FqlPpk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scrU2FqlPpk</a>

USA has the best theme song.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:33:46 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 03, 2016, 12:27:35 am »
So please, don't actually address anything and just negatively characterize this post and feel smug, again.

Don't mind if I do!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 03, 2016, 05:54:27 am »
I sure find it odd these Trump protest always seem to occur and get rowdy just before some primaries.

Always seems to make Bernie look bad.

But that's just me I guess.

I hate this so mucch

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1288 on: June 03, 2016, 02:06:56 pm »
I just had a nightmare that Trump was elected president. @_@

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 03, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »
Obama didn't manage to establish an American Caliphate and Trump won't make America great again.

One failure after another.