Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 220142 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #990 on: March 27, 2016, 10:16:20 am »
Part of me wants to say we are witnessing a new paradigm for modern election where people won't just drop out and will stay in to prove their message has worth.

Sanders is definitely proving that point. He has pushed Hillary left, he has gotten his ideas out to the masses, and he's even raking in respectable numbers of delegates. Why just walk away and fade into the history of the election cycle? And on the GOP side you see the same thing. These candidates don't want to leave and unlike the past efforts of morons like Santorum, they actually have good reasons to stay and a large enough following to warrant their continued presence.

I like this. I hope it leads to more options on the final ticket.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2016, 10:40:57 am »
Well candidates on both side of the spectrum will still be terrified of running as an independent for fear of handing the election to the other side (sensible ones anyway).
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2016, 12:29:54 pm »
Superdelegates?

Hah.

**** Superdelegates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Democratic_Party_superdelegates,_2016

Had a conversation with a friend recently who claimed this undemocratic trash was necessary to prevent demagoguery, like Trump.

Garbage. Complete garbage. It's hard to express through text how much I despise this and things like it, but know that the uncensored, publically known tilt of this election makes me physically angry. **** the democratic party and **** this whole stupid country.

I'm thinking if Sanders isn't the Democratic candidate, I'll probably vote Trump. It's not as if I'll affect anything in California anyways. Who cares. I want Trump, if for nothing else because I believe he wouldn't be beholden to the things that have a stranglehold on other candidates.

He is a blustery snake, who seems to be willing to say more or less anything if it will get him into office.

But at least he isn't Hillary.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2016, 01:02:32 pm »
Trump 2016: **** This Whole Stupid Country
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2016, 02:00:19 pm »
Well, I'm in California, so my hypothetical vote for Trump amounts to about zilch.

I don't know that I'd vote for him if I were in a swing state.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »
Had a conversation with a friend recently who claimed this undemocratic trash was necessary to prevent demagoguery, like Trump.

It sounds like your friend has no ****ing idea what constitutes "democratic" behavior.

He is a blustery snake, who seems to be willing to say more or less anything if it will get him into office.

Anyway I agree with you and hold a similar view. I want Sanders but have no real issue with Trump and I like the way he makes the people I dislike nervous.

But this quote of yours, I wanted to add something to it. I don't think he'll say anything to get himself into office, that'd be a normal politician. I think Trump will just say anything and doesn't necessarily care if it hurts him or helps him. And most of the time it helps him because the public doesn't have the same expectations of him since he isn't a "politician" in the normal sense. That is not to say that he clearly isn't purposefully saying things at specific times. But Trump knows how to elevate himself above the normal media BS and is able to manipulate that media BS to harm his opponents. He's not saying what he says to get elected, he's saying what he is saying to prove how inexorably lodged into the system his opponents are and to prove how that system is also bound to his political rivals.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 28, 2016, 11:24:33 pm »
And I was hearing today that Hillary won't do any more debates until Sanders "softens his tone."  Hillary and co, you are aware of the open warfare next door, right?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 29, 2016, 04:04:52 am »
Hillary won't do any more debates until Sanders "softens his tone."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCIBVOOgvlQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCIBVOOgvlQ</a>

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #999 on: March 29, 2016, 08:17:42 am »
And I was hearing today that Hillary won't do any more debates until Sanders "softens his tone."  Hillary and co, you are aware of the open warfare next door, right?

She's also aware that Sanders has been pretty nice. She is doing what Trump is doing. There are only ways to lose by holding other debates, so she won't debate.

But if she was going to debate, she'd be ready to debate any time, any place. Swear it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1000 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:32 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGz5DPqU-p0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGz5DPqU-p0</a>

SECOND WORST EXPERIENCE OF HER LIFE.

Trump aide charged with misdemeanor battery vs. ex-Breitbart reporter

And what do you know, she's 28 years old. She's part of my ****ty generation of overreacting faggots. There are so many better reasons to hate Trump than this looney toon case. Maybe, like, you know... if you get close to a Presidential candidate in a big crowd you might get pulled away. Just sayin...

**EDIT**
Also "the issues".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:39:19 am by PatMan33 »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 29, 2016, 08:49:03 am »

I found Wally in the train station but I can't find him in your clip.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:36:12 am by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 29, 2016, 09:44:16 am »
Lurk early-series "Where's Wally?" isn't a challenge. The density of that crowd is pathetic and most of them aren't even wearing decoy stripes.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1003 on: March 30, 2016, 07:50:44 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfSwt489e4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfSwt489e4</a>

Good video. Especially the summation at the end.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 30, 2016, 03:43:56 pm »