Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 219050 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #945 on: March 15, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »
Those are the rules of the game.  The Democrats' set things up to favor the establishment.  I think Sanders knew the challenges he faced going into this, his supporters should understand that as well.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #946 on: March 15, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »
Unfortunately, a supporter that understands that truth realizes that they are, to some extent, disenfranchised.

rabble rabble rabble

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:04 pm »
So long, Rubio.

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY</a>

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #949 on: March 16, 2016, 08:17:16 am »
Those are the rules of the game.  The Democrats' set things up to favor the establishment.  I think Sanders knew the challenges he faced going into this, his supporters should understand that as well.

This is why I will vote for Trump. **** their system and **** them.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #950 on: March 16, 2016, 08:50:25 am »
Obama seems to have nominated a okay person to the Supreme Court.

Mitch McConnell just came out and repeated all of FOX News' talking points and added:

"instead of addressing an issue where we can't agree"

I'd like to change that to:

"instead of addressing an issue where we won't agree"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #951 on: March 16, 2016, 06:06:46 pm »
So in summary, a Donald Trump Presidency would be more fun than we would know what to do with?

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 16, 2016, 07:54:32 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awnrdye9zTg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awnrdye9zTg</a>

that guy looks like a GOB Bluth stunt double

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 16, 2016, 09:18:35 pm »
“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz434QXEpGJ

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #954 on: March 19, 2016, 10:18:20 am »
Violence at Trump rallies.

My take:

I think Trump's rhetoric is definitely getting people riled up and some of them start things.
I think Trump's rivals and detractors are sending people in to start things so they can point out how awful Trump is.

My longer outlook:
I think Trump needs to act more Presidential like he has said he will be and he should make sure his audience also acts like the type that would stand by someone "presidential".
I think Trump's rivals and detractors are engaged in a foolish game if they think their pansy tactic of starting a fight and then crying to Mommy Media is going to work. It only gives Trump more airtime and attention, allowing him more time to exercise his mastery of media manipulation.

The GOP has also shown themselves to be complete frauds, possibly as big a fraud as the DNC. They are willing to tell people not to vote for someone and do anything they can to sink their own party at even an inkling of someone else having power over the movement. What exactly are they up there standing for? It's clearly not the GOP, the people, or the rules. And a lot of the DNC seem to be in lock step with them in getting rid of Trump. I think this is the real line that separates our politicians laid bare.

If they don't really care about Trump getting the nomination they are probably pretty normal people and not being paid to talk. If they are flailing about like the GOP and DNC right now? They're establishment ****s and being paid to represent someone else other than the people.

Vote Trump! He's not a bad choice, he's not a great choice. But he's better than Hillary or Cruz. And he certainly won't ruin America or the world. What you're seeing and hearing is a spectacularly corrupt system mobilizing on every front to stop someone that might mess up their shell game. Wake the **** up. The system has tendrils everywhere. They will mobilize anyone and everyone they can to stop this guy because he's going to do a cannonball into their pool and they don't like outsiders in their pool. That's literally it. That's the controversy. It's not about the doom of America, it's about the people with power losing having to share their power.

Your ears should prick up the moment every part of the media machine ever agrees on something.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:23:21 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 19, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »
Man, I wish was being paid to be anti Trump.  Am I reading you right to think you're saying anyone anti trump is on the payroll, or are you just saying anyone in the media?  The idea of a President Trump genuinely fills me with dread.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 19, 2016, 03:18:46 pm »
You dread it so much you'd vote for [OTHER CANDIDATE]?

Have you seriously looked at [OTHER CANDIDATE] or did you just overlook all of [HIS/HER] flaws because the media has been nothing but Trump?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 19, 2016, 03:54:24 pm »
Well to be fair. Bernie has a track record of actually doing politics and getting results. He is a legit politician even if he is a bit of a outsider. But he has experience of working within the system.

Trump comes with no real experience but that also why some like him so much. (Well he has experience with donating money to political representatives)
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 19, 2016, 04:32:03 pm »
Chitoes, the idea that both Sanders and Trump are regarded as even close to equally bonkers is absurd.

I agree with most of the rest of your post, though. Also Yokto's.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #959 on: March 19, 2016, 09:20:16 pm »
And Pat, I really agreed with Pat.