Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 219085 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #810 on: March 04, 2016, 09:34:46 pm »
Oh **** that's classic
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 05, 2016, 01:27:26 am »
However this sorts out, the Republican party has been severely wounded.  I don't know if it splits apart, keeps mutating into the party of Trump, or both.  I wonder how this will fall out down to the ranks of Congress, state legislatures, local officials.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #812 on: March 05, 2016, 07:56:17 am »
They played their game too hard. That first statement that ChiToes posted is exactly correct.

The GOP (and DNC for that matter) fancy themselves kingmakers. They tell us who to vote for, they tell us which is the best choice, and everything else is a formality. Well, that's not how it works.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 05, 2016, 09:48:07 am »
However this sorts out, the Republican party has been severely wounded.  I don't know if it splits apart, keeps mutating into the party of Trump, or both.  I wonder how this will fall out down to the ranks of Congress, state legislatures, local officials.

...maybe the next mutation will be an even more insane Tea Party?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:33:15 am by Ultimatum »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 05, 2016, 11:44:51 am »
Even more insane, you mean?  I can't blame you for stroking out and a word, that's probably going to be happening a lot lately.

I've been out there among them.  I've heard a leader of local tea party group when it first started say that America began the slow march to a communist state when we enacted seat belt laws.  I've seen people foaming with rage over a .2% change to sales tax, because transportation funding in the state hadn't changed in 35 years and they couldn't keep the roads paved without tweaking the revenue stream.  I've heard people musing about how it might be nice if someone shot the President.  I'm sorry to say that I always deflected with humor instead of calling them out for that one.  I may enjoy politics, but I don't like face to face confrontation like that. (I've seen crazy from the other side too, but that's another story.)

What I'm saying is that this isn't just Trump.  I'm sure a lot of his support is from people who want to see someone stick it to the powers that be.  A lot of it is from people who don't really follow politics but see that successful guy from that tv show doing well, so they guess they'll support him.  But he's also getting support from people who want to kick those muslims and those mexicans out of our country yesterday.  There are people who love Trump for the violent, insulting, detached from reality rhetoric that I think has disqualified him a thousand times over.  The crazy wing of the party that higher ups in the GOP try to keep quietly in line has broken free.  Again, not saying that's the only people supporting Trump, but it's definitely a part.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 05, 2016, 11:55:42 am »
Yeah,I mean even more insane,I imagine the next party mutation will produce a group that makes the Tea party look sane in comparison

And the worst part?I can see Donald leading them,where as before the Tea party didn't really have a leader,it was just the party crazies shouting from the sidelines,but this time they have a demagogue who is voicing their warped opinions

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 06, 2016, 08:23:48 am »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #817 on: March 06, 2016, 09:24:36 am »

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 06, 2016, 11:13:24 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgAY6PgXq0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgAY6PgXq0</a>

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 06, 2016, 01:15:55 pm »
Goodnight, sweet prince
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 06, 2016, 07:19:04 pm »
I never knew the Governator's middle name.  And when I double checked, I found out that he endorsed Kasich today.  Neat.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #822 on: March 06, 2016, 08:14:35 pm »
lol really?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.