Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 220129 times)

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2016, 08:31:19 am »
Well, Pat, as a non-straight dude, they really don't.

Nobody in this country has any right to push anything on anyone that doesn't want it. Moral righteousness is not part of the equation. That's just how it works.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 21, 2016, 11:54:53 am »
Have you tried just sharing links so that we're all working from the same information?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #677 on: February 21, 2016, 11:56:14 am »
Well, Pat, as a non-straight dude, they really don't.

Yeah they do. Jesus is the way.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 21, 2016, 12:46:29 pm »
Twitter has begun banning Conservatives for being conservative.  That is a real issue.

Do you have any evidence for this?

Have you tried googling "twitter banning conservatives"?  I use the word googling because google doesn't like it because it serves to make their brand generic and undermines their trademark. ;)

Bad form. If you have a source then you should post a link to it (or give a proper reference in APA style or MLA style for example) :P

(If you like I can go in to why Googling is not the right answer in more detail.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2016, 12:54:31 pm »
Twitter has begun banning Conservatives for being conservative.  That is a real issue.

Have you tried googling "twitter banning conservatives"?  I use the word googling because google doesn't like it because it serves to make their brand generic and undermines their trademark. ;)

Bad form. If you have a source then you should post a link to it (or give a proper reference in APA style or MLA style for example) :P

(If you like I can go in to why Googling is not the right answer in more detail.)

For what?
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2016, 01:00:54 pm »
No quote pyramids!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2016, 01:13:10 pm »
Bad form.  You stated something as true and didn't provide evidence.  Don't expect me to play the citation game when you want to and not play it when you don't.  That is bad form.  I thought that I made that perfectly clear.

I think it bad form. I did not think that I would need to go in to why you want to do proper references or do the curtsey of at least give a URL link to the source. But as you want to have a source for proper etiquette. Here is a wiki article about why we do proper citations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citation

I personally think that the biggest reason is to save time for the one you want to communicate to. It is just classy to do so.

But there is more. Lets go in to specifics. Google use personalize search results which you can read about here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Personalized_Search

That means in extreme cases you can get very misleading search results. A phenomena know as filter bumbles might happen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble

Which means that is both you interest and the interest of the reader that you provide the source of your information personally rather then relay on potentially misleading 3rd parties. Especially if you and your reader have very separate views on things.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 21, 2016, 01:14:43 pm »
I was under the impression that it's general forum etiquette to provide information on an issue that you are bringing up.

And Pat just wants to shove penis cakes down the throats of hard working, God fearing Americans.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 21, 2016, 01:17:44 pm »
No quote pyramids!

They were made by ancient alien bloggers.

Our experts do not agree,you fabricated those ruins!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 21, 2016, 02:51:12 pm »
I agree with everything Yokto said but I'll add this.

Chitoes, you make a big show of being like, really rational and obeying all sorts of "rules" of debating and you're always pouncing on people for logical fallacies and whatever else.

In this case, you have made an assertion that twitter was banning conservatives for being conservative. You made the claim, which means the burden of proof is on you. It's up to you to provide evidence.

When the prosecution at a trial make a claim about the defendant and the judge asks for proof it's rare for the prosecution to fire back with "Oh the proof is out there for anyone to find your honour I suggest you go and root around the crime scene yourself"

Take your own medicine and post your evidence or I'm just going to go on assuming it's just a bunch of inflated right wing bull****.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 21, 2016, 03:29:44 pm »
"educate urself, stop sea-lioning me"

do you know what you sound like right now?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 21, 2016, 03:36:06 pm »
man mentioning something in a forum and just saying "look it up yourself" is like an internet discussion board cardinal sin
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 21, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »
Dude. Dude. It's ok. You won!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 21, 2016, 03:52:36 pm »
Dude I was making the certificate when you made your post and I didn't see it until just now and it doesn't dismiss anything.

Looks like one right wing person had their account banned/suspended. I'm not sure that entirely equates to "twitter is banning conservatives for being conservative" but I'll take your word for it. Having been a moderator, I'll say the decision to ban people largely boils down to gut feeling. It's hardly ever entirely clear if someone's behaviour is over the line or in good faith (going by forum rules as written we should have banned a lot of people over the years but didn't [except Pat that one time, what a hoot]). There's no due process on the internet so they're gonna get things wrong a lot. Twitter's safety police seems like a steaming load, but frankly, who gives a **** about twitter aside from celebrities, aspiring comedians, politicians, fast food chains and black people who want to make memes?

It's not like there aren't plenty of social networks around where right wing people can go hog wild (facebook???)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #689 on: February 21, 2016, 04:20:01 pm »
And Pat just wants to shove penis cakes down the throats of hard working, God fearing Americans.

True.

Also this thread lol
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:22:05 pm by PatMan33 »