Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 220102 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #585 on: February 12, 2016, 01:13:10 am »
If I can't vote for Sanders, I'll vote for Trump.

They're both anti-establishment and there's no way the establishment that remains will let either of them do everything they want to do. So in the end it'll break even either way.

Oh God Pat, no! Have some consideration for the rest of the world. :<

Think of all the poor Cubans that are gonna get nuked if Turmp (sic) wins.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 12, 2016, 01:23:11 am »
Pat has no concerns for the rest of the world, this is the guy who wants to drop nukes on an entire half-continent geological region in the hope that it'll sort everything out :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2016, 07:33:59 am »
Also, I firmly believe that the support staff and other "permanent", non-electable officials in our government will temper even the craziest of Presidents such that they may be acting goofy, but never outright dangerously.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 12, 2016, 11:01:49 am »
How the **** is Trump a revolutionary now?

I guess being insanely regressive is a form of revolution? In the sense he is revolving the whole system around until it's back where it was in the late 1800s when the Robber Barons were working thousands of Chinese people to death and Boss Tweed owned half of New York city.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »
"loosen the grip the current oligarc"s have on the system enough"

when he is one himself I doubt it

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2016, 01:37:58 pm »
Learn to read my post before you respond to it

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 12, 2016, 03:35:33 pm »
Call me a wild eyed optimist, but I'd rather vote for fixing the system than burning it to the ground and starting over.

Trump's an ******* to everyone who doesn't suck up to him.  He's completely unqualified for the job.  His foreign policy proposals consist of war crimes and alienating most of the planet.  Even if he doesn't believe any of the stuff he's saying and this is bluffing his way into office or some weird version of bargaining, this is not behavior that should be tolerated, much less supported.

The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.  Giving the people in power the finger doesn't mean that you're a better option.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2016, 04:41:57 pm »
BERN IT DOWN.

BERN IT SAND.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »
Trump's an ******* to everyone who doesn't suck up to him.  He's completely unqualified for the job.  His foreign policy proposals consist of war crimes and alienating most of the planet.  Even if he doesn't believe any of the stuff he's saying and this is bluffing his way into office or some weird version of bargaining, this is not behavior that should be tolerated, much less supported.

If you don't like that sort of candidate, you're not going to be voting for anyone in 2016.

Not after Bernie gets assassinated, anyway.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 12, 2016, 05:34:44 pm »
Dude will be JFK'd and MLK'd and RFK'd

You can't go against the MIC and expect to come out alive
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #595 on: February 12, 2016, 06:27:31 pm »
ChiToes you need to stop being a dork.

I agree with everything Bernie says. So should you.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 12, 2016, 07:00:09 pm »
Chitoes, I agree with you that Trump is an egoist.  He has wealth and power, he wants the praise of people not on the payroll.  But I deeply disagree with you that it would lead to good results with him as President.  I have tried to understand where he's coming from, and this article from 2014 is as good as any I've seen.  It's also just about the only buzzfeed article I've ever recommended.  They do have some decent political reporters hidden behind lists of 27 Bewildered Pugs That are Every 90's Kid.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/36-hours-on-the-fake-campaign-trail-with-donald-trump#.ikNXNwNA0
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 13, 2016, 03:14:56 am »

If you don't like that sort of candidate, you're not going to be voting for anyone in 2016.

Not after Bernie gets assassinated, anyway.

If anyone's gonna be assassinated it will be Trump.

If he wins the nomination wait for a "disgruntled young Muslim" to shoot him and then take his own life after a brief chase with the police. Then one of the GOP establishment candidates stands up all like "See, mouthing off about Muslims was a bad idea, but we seriously need to do something about them lets start building camps".

HAHA thought I wasn't on board the conspiracy train did you??? Pat get my lizard detecting satellite dish.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:53:14 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 13, 2016, 03:59:10 am »
The CIA are already setting up for Trump and Bernie to be found together dead of apparent erotic asphyxiation in a motel room
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 13, 2016, 05:31:13 am »
I love Bernie but still disagree with him on a few things.

I think people misunderstand Trump.  I think they don't see the forest for the trees... or rather they are so caught up in narratives that they don't try to understand the guy.  Use a bit of empathy, profile the guy, get in his head and discern his motivations.  He is not trying to become president for wealth or power... those things he takes for granted.  He is an egoist.  He wants to be president because he wants to be the best.  If he gets into office, he will be mad driven to be the best President in history.  The motivation might be shallow, but the consequence could be grand.  This is especially true because he is not immune to reasoning, new information and listening (like politicians generally are).  Where is the wild eyed optimism for Trump?  ;)

I find it sad that so few people nowadays try to understand where others are coming from, or try to understand what others are trying to communicate... and instead just dismiss others and ignore their potential input.

People motivated by there own ego generally do not make great leaders. They make dangerous leaders. Very dangerous ones. They can potentially achieve greatness but more often there grand machinations collapses when they face reality. And the bigger there ego are the harder they will fall.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)