Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 219438 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2015, 09:27:28 pm »
Like who?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2015, 09:36:58 pm »
Corey Booker, one of those Castro brothers from Texas, some young up and comer from a critical state that isn't on my radar.  I don't know.

I just saw Biden on Colbert's show.  Man, that was a heavy interview, they mostly talked about all of their dead family.  I really don't think Joe has another run in him right now.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2015, 04:58:54 am »
Can someone give me a quick explanation of Hillary's policies, pros, and cons? Just curious. I see a lot of hate thrown her way.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2015, 07:05:09 am »
Here's her website.

If they don't have the info you are looking for on their campaign website, that should also be fairly informative.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2015, 08:06:05 am »
I'm not gonna trust someone's campaign website to give me an unbiased overview of their pros and cons. Regardless of who it is.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2015, 09:09:24 am »
O-okay.

You can try the wikipedia page, though I don't know how much more trustworthy or unbiased that may be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Hillary_Rodham_Clinton

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2015, 10:41:51 am »
I was kind of hoping a person would tell me. Not because of laziness but because I want insight into what you guys think. I know how to use Wikipedia. :p

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2015, 11:27:41 am »
If only there were a way of summoning Daxx

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:32 pm »
There weirdly doesn't seem to be much support for Hillary around here.  Or rather, everyone seems to have someone else as a top pick.  If you're looking for a critical or cynical response, we're all very good at that.  She doesn't really have a flagpole cause like Sanders or others.  Again, the cynical response would be that her stated goals are going to be things that poll well with primary voters and keep campaign contributions rolling in.

In other news:

So who do you think the first candidate to drop out will be?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/election-2016-rick-perrys-campaign-staff-working-without-pay/

I should've put money on this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/11/rick-perry-suspends-presidential-bid/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:22:11 pm by Inkling »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2015, 06:50:31 pm »
I was kind of hoping a person would tell me. Not because of laziness but because I want insight into what you guys think. I know how to use Wikipedia. :p

I think you should come to your own conclusion. Citizen or not, you said you didn't want bias. So you should figure it out yourself.

I have a bias concerning her and so do most other people because of her history and the amount of spotlight she has gotten during her career. She's one of those kinds of politicians. You won't get an unbiased response about her. That's why I think you should see what she says (and does not say) on her website.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2015, 07:39:54 pm »
Not sure where you're going with the boiling frog in a pot in terms of Trump, but I definitely see the throwing the baby out with the bath water you were sort of alluding to in the second part.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2015, 09:17:03 pm »
Trump won't just sit idly by while the world burns up.

But he's not exactly a rational actor either. He might try to save the baby by torching the hardware store or something.

Oh also! Here is Hillary Clinton's YouTube channel for you to peruse, Tesla.

Tesla, do not read the spoilers until you've formed your own conclusion.

What I am getting at by sending you to her websites is that if you look at them, you will notice there is barely anything to see. She hasn't come out with many of her current platforms yet, so there's not much to judge. I or anyone else can only tell you older stances she has. And while most of them probably won't change, some of them will and we just don't know which ones those are and it wouldn't be wise to try to predict.

You just gotta wait and see. We're still so far out from the election and she's waiting for a lot of the dust to settle before making any substantive moves. That is unless her hand is forced.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:30:48 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2015, 09:41:52 pm »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2015, 08:47:24 am »
lol yes

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2015, 08:58:24 am »
Trump won't just sit idly by while the world burns up.

But he's not exactly a rational actor either. He might try to save the baby by torching the hardware store or something.

Oh also! Here is Hillary Clinton's YouTube channel for you to peruse, Tesla.

Tesla, do not read the spoilers until you've formed your own conclusion.

What I am getting at by sending you to her websites is that if you look at them, you will notice there is barely anything to see. She hasn't come out with many of her current platforms yet, so there's not much to judge. I or anyone else can only tell you older stances she has. And while most of them probably won't change, some of them will and we just don't know which ones those are and it wouldn't be wise to try to predict.

You just gotta wait and see. We're still so far out from the election and she's waiting for a lot of the dust to settle before making any substantive moves. That is unless her hand is forced.

so i did all this stuff

and yeah, this is pretty much what i suspected. she's like this kind of template democrat, a total blank slate.