Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 87970 times)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2015, 02:53:23 am »
It's the gamer attitude of 'this is horrendously broken, but if you're just handing me the option, of course I'm going to abuse it'.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2015, 08:45:44 am »

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »
I just thought of it because I saw it a million times over when playing Magic, and another game I've been in with a competitive scene, really. I've seen players get hired onto game design teams to fix issues, but you can't fix the issue without abusing it first, both to reveal the initial problem and to be in the position to do something about it.

It's unfair to criticize someone for abusing an issue if they acknowledge it as abuse. Show, don't tell. The easiest way to convince someone there's an exploitation problem is to exploit the problem yourself. The real target of animosity should be anyone who exploits a broken system and tries to deny it was broken.

Not that I'm actually defending Trump. Just, such a move is hardly outrageous.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »
Romney did this a few times as well during the previous Presidential election cycle.

When asked about his "unethical" behavior, he would reply that he did nothing that was illegal and followed every law to the letter. He's not wrong, but he looks like a smug prick when you get down to it. Hillary has done stuff like this as well with her email scandal thing.

At the end of the day though (for me) their point breaks down because they are still being unethical and because the system is generally rigged in the favor of these kind of (super rich) people.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2015, 10:58:12 pm »
I'm starting to think Pat was right, I think Trump is trying to find rock bottom, to find how absurd and offensive he can be before he gets any backlash.  You have to try to be this terrible, right?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-megyn-kelly-blood-coming-out-of-her-eyes-blood-coming-out-of-her-wherever/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/08/donald-trump-disinvited-to-speak-at-redstate-event-megyn-kelly-invited/
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2015, 02:33:12 am »
As unprovoked as some of these remarks may be, I really can't fault a guy for ripping fox news a new one.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2015, 06:54:26 am »
That second story about Trump being uninvited. It was all well and good until they replaced him with Megyn Kelly. They should have just uninvited him. Instead they did that, as if it makes up for something? Or... something? Now they're just poking him with a stick and he's going to get even angrier. I can't wait.

Also did Trump make a period joke? I know Megyn "hot" Kelly is still of child bearing age, but sheesh! Bears in the newsroom.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2015, 05:55:50 pm »
The entire republican debate, start to finish. Hopefully this helps, somehow.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4406746003001/watch-a-replay-of-fox-news-prime-time-presidential-debate/?#sp=show-clips
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2015, 11:23:45 pm »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2015, 05:57:39 am »
He didn't have any security goons? What if they just wanted to walk on stage and shoot him?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:47 am »
They wanted to get arrested in my opinion, to show that the white man has no respect. Walking away was the better option for Sanders. The protesters  got their say and showed that they are not looking for a solution, only blame. Not good for their movement.

-Lego

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:18 am »
Agreed.

Especially because of any of the candidates, Bernie Sanders was quickest to tweak his message for this movement. He's been including their message for almost two weeks now and has mentioned specific cases and names of black people who have been killed.

Quote from: that article
After the few minutes of silence, the protesters said they wanted to confront Sanders for failing to address their concerns when he was similarly interrupted at a town hall for liberal activists in Phoenix last month.

He adjusted his message after this happened last month. And of course just like any extremist group, it's never enough. They don't actually care about what you are saying and giving them any concession just leads to them wanting more. It's disappointing to say the least. I mean, look at this:

Quote from: that article
In a news release posted on social media, local Black Lives Matter activists said they were holding Sanders and other white progressives accountable for failing to support their movement.

This is literally the opposite of the truth in the case of Bernie Sanders. I've got a lot of time this election cycle. I've seen almost every major speech (if you could call it that this early on) made by every candidate and a lot of minor ones. Sanders is not the guy these morons should be trying to derail.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:07:37 am by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2015, 10:40:05 am »
I wonder if they'll protest Clinton

If not, then hrm....
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2015, 04:40:49 pm »
I suspect the chances of being protested correlate to how likely you are to get to the stage.

You'll probably get shot before you get on stage at a Clinton rally.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2015, 06:26:25 pm »
I suspect the chances of being protested correlate to how likely you are to get to the stage.

You'll probably get shot before you get on stage at a Clinton rally.

Yeah, they would need to email her first.

-Lego