Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 90926 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »
I know sex stuff is two thirds of the ones I gave you, but those are almost boring.  I prefer the politicians that are more creative in being unfit for their office.  Oh, and I thought of another to look up, Ophelia Ford.

My new goal in life is to be the guy that names these Operations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Political_corruption_investigations_in_the_United_States
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2015, 10:06:56 am »
My personal favorite government conspiracy was Operation INFEKTION, a joint Stasi-KGB operation responsible for the majority of AIDS disinformation still propagated to this day. First found it from a Cracked submission and eventually ended up doing a twelve page term paper on it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2015, 10:23:28 am »
All of our current political troubles can be traced to old Soviet subversion programs that, in the absence of their central governing body, have taken on a life of their own and are morphing America into something nobody can begin to predict.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 10:36:47 am »
Or just commie fear in general. Because apparently that's still a thing people do.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2015, 06:57:38 am »
There's a lot of talk about Bernie Sanders but I haven't watched any of his speeches yet.

So here, I found one. Have some Bernie with me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d9poJU6Kiw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d9poJU6Kiw</a>

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2015, 07:28:29 am »
At about 26:25 he says something I've been saying for years and he says it almost word-for-word.

If you work 40 hours a week there is no reason why you should be struggling to pay bills or buy food or pay insurance. If you work full-time you should expect to have some stability in your life.

I've lived this. Every job I've had in my short life so far, every single one... man, I bust my ass and do everything I can to do things right and then to do them better. And I still have almost everything I make taken from me to pay my health insurance. I'm one of those people that has all-but given up on finding a job. I've been unemployed for a month and I dread working now. I just don't want to expend all the time and effort for nothing. I can have nothing and not bust my butt. And the worst part is that feeling this way makes me hate myself, which compounds and causes more problems because now my stress is so high I can barely function.

It's so ****ed up. All I want to do is work and be paid a living wage for the work I do. Because I am hardwired to give any job I do everything I have. It's in my blood. But not if it puts me on a hamster wheel. I'm not going to kill myself to break even or to come out with less. That's just absurd. I just won't do it anymore. And I've given up. :(

**EDIT**
Maybe I should put my efforts into helping this Bernie guy since I don't have much else going on right now.

Some of you guys know how hardcore I get when something has my interest or I have a passion. That same ethic is what I bring to the workplace. I should help this guy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:31:51 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2015, 10:35:09 am »
I'm getting some serious Ron Paul vibes from Bernie.  He's reaching a grassroots crowd, his supporters are very enthusiastic, he has the reputation for saying what he actually thinks and not what is politically expedient.  And so far, he's being ignored or downplayed by his party and the press.  What does he think about going back to the gold standard?

The economy and job market are still very jacked up, and I think the candidates for both parties are taking notice... in their own way.  Apparently Jeb was talking about needing to get people who want to work full time out of of part time jobs they're stuck in, and it was interpreted as Jeb wants to abolish the 40 hour work week and make people work 50 or 60.

Has anyone been talking about the prevalence of "independent contractor" jobs?  Because that absolutely gets abused so that companies don't have to give benefits to employees.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:55 am »
I think Bernie may succeed where Ron failed,largely because I see a democrat in the whitehouse and not a libertarian

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2015, 12:21:13 pm »
Sanders is realistic imo. He's utilizing the internet in a very modern way; maximizing outreach with minimal cost. His battle is one of economics and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. He has a large donation base which will allow him to 'return to the tap' at times and refill coffers but he will never be able to compete at Clintons level of media output. Her name recognition is enormous. For some reason it's really strong even though she's seemingly pro-corporate.

He has to get people involved asap and it's not like his campaign isn't doing that. He is filling large stadiums, and if he can convert some of those into volunteers and so on, he can get real traction. The national polls, imo, do not matter. The nation does not pick the democratic primary candidate, and those that kind of do, they do not do it all at once.

It matters in places like NH and IA and every other state that has an early primary election. So stupid but that's what it is. And it's striking how quickly he's risen in those states. The ground game is building and hopefully he has the people with the talent to get him through. Winning those states would have to put the national spotlight on him, and that's a good thing.

His policies resonate with tons of people for good reason in my opinion. Once people percieved that he has a chance, there's a real shot.

If he won the primary he would win the national election easily. National exposure, a solid ground game from the primary (because that's the only way he'd win. If his ground game can beat Clinton it can beat the GOP), it's the primary that's the real challenge for the guy.

Go Sanders. I wish WA was more important.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:23:12 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2015, 12:40:25 pm »
Her name recognition is enormous. For some reason it's really strong even though she's seemingly pro-corporate.

Why would being pro corporate diminish the name recognition of one of the most famous politicians in the country? Unless you mean positive name recognition, in which case I guess being pro corporate isn't that big of a deal to primary voters.

To be competitive in the primaries you have to have grassroot support, infrastructure and a ground game in all of the contested states, and money.  Bernie will never be able to match Clinton's funding, but it's early enough that he could be competitive in all of those aspects.  Hillary is a political juggernaut, but she's been beaten before.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »
I'm getting some serious Ron Paul vibes from Bernie.

Me too! I've barely been paying attention to your primaries but everything I see of this Sanders guy paints him as the Left's answer to Ron Paul.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2015, 10:18:27 pm »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2015, 11:06:39 pm »
this is joke. Dude just did an ad
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2015, 02:01:52 am »
What is it with Americans giving boys girl's names?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2015, 05:20:20 am »
THE SOUTH

Also, Trump gave out Graham's cellphone number to the public. What a chode. :U