Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 90472 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election
« Reply #2970 on: June 14, 2017, 05:08:17 pm »
It's frustrating cause IDK..... lurks sentiment doesn't upset me. And truth me told there's a part of me that wishes he was a better shot..... that scares me since I know I can't be the only one who shares that slice of emotion. Of course I feel ashamed and disgusted but it's still there, that vindication, spite, and hatred.

Idk. Why do they seem to have such disdain for people who need help... I have a lot of issues with the motives and actions of the GOP. On some level I DO think this is reaping what they've sowed pushing a group of people so far to the edge. The reverse could also happen just as easily though at this point for perceived injustices.

Violence just causes more violence, it's terrible that anyone feels so lost that they feel that is the only outlet.

Idk. I feel bad I don't feel that bad, and that's some scary ****
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: June 14, 2017, 08:22:01 pm »
I mainly meant his 45 senators line.  It was 2 senators and the rest congressmen on the team, I have no idea where the 45 number comes from.

At least you still know that's not a good way to feel about it, erops.

Look at it a couple of ways.  What if the guy had been a better shot and took out law enforcement?  What if he had been an even worse shot and hit people in the dog park or the YMCA next door?  I guess I'm not in a particularly joking mood about this, it very easily could have been a massacre.

I know people who were on that field.  I know several people on both sides who with slightly different career paths would be the type on the field at such an event.  Hell, if things had gone a bit different for me I could've been on that field.  I've been to several such games in the past, just not on the Congressional level.  It's the kind of apolitical, aisle crossing relationship building that we need more of in DC instead of everyone running off to fundraise and do hit pieces on any down time.  This wasn't some meeting of the masterminds of a piece of legislation you think is going to wreck the country.  This was the people from one side of the aisle who think they're still athletic enough to hit a ball with a stick.

I know you're deeply concerned about a lot of legislation coming from the GOP.  I'm unhappy with a lot of it too, and with a lot of leadership.  But if the other side goes from being the opposition to the enemy, if violence in our politics becomes a reasonable option, we're all royally screwed.  Or if my meandering doesn't hold water go watch Bernie or Jon Stewart denouncing violence. 

And if it's Civil War II at least remember that I was one of the good ones.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2972 on: June 14, 2017, 09:46:21 pm »
I'm curious to see how the late night satirist and comedian crew is going to talk about this.

Some shootings they don't mention (or only mention briefly), but this would be a glaring omission.

EDIT: Colbert talked about it prior to his monologue, using the sort of serious tone that throws me off because it's usually the set-up for a punchline. Handled it well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:00:51 am by Brandonazz »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: June 15, 2017, 01:16:55 am »
What's the deaaaaaal with political assassinations????
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: June 16, 2017, 01:22:30 am »
In other news

I'm really hoping this Mueller thing ends soon, the amount of potential drama is just too much to wait for. History in the making this **** is ****ing wild! Chapters in weeks! I hope I called it and the Russia plot carry's water let's goooooo

Haha, I still can't believe I'm actively hoping our president is a compromised actor surrounded by corrupt compromised actors, with climate change impacts just around the corner, this is gonna be the craziest century ever for history book readers. Too bad we don't get to read it haha
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: June 16, 2017, 04:21:46 am »
Got my senators and congressmen confused in my rush to ****post.

Haha, I still can't believe I'm actively hoping our president is a compromised actor surrounded by corrupt compromised actors, with climate change impacts just around the corner, this is gonna be the craziest century ever for history book readers. Too bad we don't get to read it haha

Wow it's just like the last 30 years of history and 211 years before that, minus climate change.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: June 20, 2017, 05:26:45 pm »
So the last 211 years we've been compromised by a foreign nation? Or are you insinuating that a foreign entity or a corporate/monied entity, either is corruption and equally bad? I'd argue there's levels to it but sure fine...

or is it that every century is the craziest century ever for the past 30-211 years?

Another Tuesday, another chance to get mildly hopeful then woefully disillusioned with my fellow countrymen

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: June 20, 2017, 07:37:47 pm »
Handel wins.  But it was close enough in what's supposed to be a safe Republican district that the talking heads can still make hay of it.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: June 20, 2017, 07:44:07 pm »
Such a moral victory.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:30 pm »
You said it yourself about getting your hopes up.  This was, and is, a republican district.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:13 pm »
I want to be surprised so bad though :( l

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: June 21, 2017, 04:13:47 am »
Your presidents have never not been compromised. The inner workings of the American government amount to a foreign occupation that's fundamentally opposed to the values of American people (the values that even the latte-sippingest san-francisco pinkhair and gun-totingest texan jesus-freak agree on).

And yeah, every century is the craziest century ever. 17 years in and we haven't even had a World War yet, the twentieth century was much crazier (and that's not even mentioning the nineteenth century, holy ****).
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 22, 2017, 12:02:51 pm »
I have no idea what lurk is talking about in that first paragraph.

RAND PAUL

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: June 22, 2017, 03:15:13 pm »
I think he's saying "They're (they've always been) (they being establishment I think?), working against you regardless if they're a foreign power or not", which, sure.... but there's a pretty huge difference between the two even if the damage is similar, the implications on the world stage are much different. The past century saw us being the meddler, being on the opposite end of a seemingly marginally successful campaign, is a bitter ****ing pill, and is fundamentally different than general greed and malice towards the average joe.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: June 22, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »
So just to clarify with Trump admitting he didn't have tapes of him talking with Comey.  The President just admitted that one of his ways of pushing back on the former head of the FBI calling into question the President's integrity... was to lie for six weeks about his interactions with the FBI director.  So when it comes down to he said, he said on these allegations, who are we supposed to believe?  The guy with the lengthy career in law enforcement, or the guy who just admitted to a bluff that his own supporters described as an intimidation tactic?