Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 225508 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1875 on: October 23, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
God damn I hate black people weeaboos when will black people weeaboos go away.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:12:59 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 23, 2016, 09:23:32 pm »
What is black people weeaboos? I do not think we have those over here.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1877 on: October 23, 2016, 09:26:43 pm »
Success breeds jealousy.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:25 am »
I understand people's reasonable concerns about taking on a lot of refugees or "refugees" who might be a destabilising influence on a country and the two-faced approach to Islamist terrorism that refuses to acknowledge that it's obviously founded in the fundementals of the religion. But that's not sufficient reason to vote for Trump.

Sam Harris probably articulates in the best out of anyone I've heard (clips and cutaways for illustration added by whoever made the video):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECl16G6fEQ8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECl16G6fEQ8</a>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUhR3ZvRj74" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUhR3ZvRj74</a>

On the notion of things are being rigged. Something I think is important to actually take note off.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1880 on: October 25, 2016, 04:46:28 pm »
I understand people's reasonable concerns about taking on a lot of refugees or "refugees" who might be a destabilising influence on a country and the two-faced approach to Islamist terrorism that refuses to acknowledge that it's obviously founded in the fundementals of the religion. But that's not sufficient reason to vote for Trump.

Sam Harris probably articulates in the best out of anyone I've heard (clips and cutaways for illustration added by whoever made the video):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECl16G6fEQ8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECl16G6fEQ8</a>

Post of the day.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 25, 2016, 04:56:23 pm »
"Is Trump qualified to attack the entrenched corruption and illiberal globalism that now controls the political machinery throughout the Western world?" 

Well if you're asking Sam Harris then the answer is definitely not because he's spent over an hour establishing an analogy where Trump's mind is a loose balloon farting around a room.

Trump supporters also see that illiberal globalism as being more than willing to sacrifice public safety and concerns about the Islamist and Jihadist theocracy because globalists are more concerned with expanding their power and reach.

Right but we're not talking about Trump supporters believe or want, we're talking about whether Trump is fit to be president, and the answer is no. 100% of American voters could be retarded enough to think he'd do a great job and that wouldn't make it true. He had his opportunity to make his presidential flip where suddenly he becomes more statesmanly and responsible and reveals the details of his many tremendous, teriffic, luxurious plans, but he's done nothing of the sort. He's not going to because he's an emotionally retarded narcissist who rarely engages with the real world.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 26, 2016, 01:11:21 am »
relying on unseemly bias instead of connecting all the dots for both candidates.

Sorry to break this to you dude but whatever objectivity you're searching for in people not only doesn't exist, it's also impossible. Do you think you can find anyone in the world who doesn't have some sort of apparently irellevant concerns which would make them favour one candidate over another?

You're so tunnel-visioned by your attempts to avoid bias you seem to be blind to the fact that you reflexively take a contratian stance to literally any information someone else presents you with. You seem to be cool with it if you "found it yourself" from a suitably non-mainstream source (i.e. Breitbart, people's blogs, alt-right youtube videos) but the rest of the time you don't actually seem as willing to take on board alternative viewpoints as you claim to be.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1883 on: October 26, 2016, 05:34:03 am »
I'd say it to both of you, actually. It's pretty amazing that you and ChiToes can't seem to agree on anything at all.

I bet you two would disagree over traffic cone placement if we gave you the job.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 26, 2016, 10:34:04 am »
I mostly have a disdain for pretentious waffle and people being astoundingly unclear about what it is they actually believe. :Y

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1885 on: October 26, 2016, 10:47:26 am »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 26, 2016, 10:56:48 am »
Dude if you're genuinely interested in this sort of thing then I'd really *for real*, not fooling or trying to lowkey diss you, recommend that you take a college (university) level philosophy class (analytic or 'anglo' philosophy, not the continental stuff like Nietsche and Kierkegaard). I honestly think it would help you think about these topics in a way which doesn't confuse you and everyone around you.

Specific to that post right there you'd want to take an introduction to epistemology.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 26, 2016, 12:39:51 pm »
The reason why so much of the reporting on Trump is negative is mainly down to Trump him self.  And of course his opponents try to exploit this and make it worse.

This is the issue when people try to create "fair and balanced" media and not strive to be correct and objective. (And yes like Sam said there is nothing that is objective, but is still something to strive towards.) When you try to make media balanced then suddenly the theory that earth is flat should be taken as serious as that is sphere shaped.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 26, 2016, 12:58:10 pm »
They had section on a radio show while I was at work talking about the US election. The guest who was broadly anti-Trump and therefore tacitly in support of Hillary was the political commentator for the Guardian (ie someone who's job it is to know something about politics) the pro-Trump person they had on was a hotel owner from Cornwall who had bet £5000 that Trump would win the election (absolutely no reason or qualification to comment on politics). Unsurprisingly Mr Hotel basically just regurgitated all of the pro-Trump stuff you see on twitter verbatim and didn't offer any interesting analysis or perspective.

But of course both people's opinions are clearly PERFECTLY EQUALLY VALID because the BBC is commited to impartiality.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 26, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
Clearly!
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons