Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 224497 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1830 on: October 17, 2016, 11:09:39 am »
Further to what Yokto is saying, even if Trump really is saying things that might be effective that doesn't mean he has the first idea on how to implement them.

I'm just curious about this point because I see it come up a lot.

I don't have any argument or anything with it, but are we really suggesting that Trump wouldn't be able to hire on experienced people to help him navigate this stuff? I'm pretty sure Obama was about as green as they come and he did... well, he did some okay stuff.

Sam touched on it a bit, but Trump's campaign is already evidence that he doesn't hire the best and brightest, and then ignores the advisors he does bring on board and keeps doing his own thing.  Or is that pivot to being more presidential still going to happen?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1831 on: October 17, 2016, 03:00:11 pm »
Any day now.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 17, 2016, 03:16:30 pm »
Well I take Garry Kasparov word over some unknown. Being sceptical and checking sources is not a bad thing. Doing research is not a bad thing. And I think that Sam did the right thing by being sceptical and actually trying to check up on the source.

And yes MasterChiToes. You should not trust CNN ether and check these sources to. :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 17, 2016, 09:21:16 pm »
A friend wanted me to look into an independent candidate he wants to vote for, and it led me to this list:

http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm

Which then led me to the campaign announcement video for Joe Exotic:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-_7RCFArM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-_7RCFArM</a>
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:25 am »
Well I'm convinced.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1835 on: October 18, 2016, 08:12:48 am »
Sam touched on it a bit, but Trump's campaign is already evidence that he doesn't hire the best and brightest, and then ignores the advisors he does bring on board and keeps doing his own thing.

I'm not convinced he will be able to hire the best and brightest either, seeing as the best and brightest started all of these wars and ruined our society by turning us against one another for a few political points.

I guess I just don't care anymore. Yet again I'm not being represented. I just want the election to be over. And my existential crisis continues.

Hillary will continue the sick system of war for profit and eternal conflict with Eastasia. Trump will pawn-off his responsibilities to Pence and his cronies and we'll see retard conservatives (aka: evangelical Christians) calling the shots. Either way we're going backwards. Yet again we are putting of progress for today's profit.

I get yelled at and written-up for taking shortcuts and putting personal gain before the job at hand. But then again, I'm below the law. Maybe someday I can aspire to be above the law... that's the American Dream, right?

I hope I get to witness humanity destroying itself in my lifetime. We deserve it slowly and painfully.

At least you Europeans can finally take solace in this: after years of putting me down for showing even the smallest bit of pride in my country, that pride has finally died. I'm listless and adrift. Good work guys, you won. :(

The upshot is that I'll get to watch your society get assraped by Muslims before it implodes into a Islamic paradise.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 18, 2016, 08:30:51 am »
At least you Europeans can finally take solace in this: after years of putting me down for showing even the smallest bit of pride in my country, that pride has finally died. I'm listless and adrift. Good work guys, you won. :(

Well us Eurotrash learned from a series of particularly disgusting blunders from in the 19th and 20th centuries that pride in your nation generally gets used to back up reprehensible acts. Oh wait, apparently we didn't learn that. 100 years Brexit.com. 
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 18, 2016, 12:06:36 pm »
yes pat welcome to the postnational world, we're all going to mars
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1838 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:14 pm »
Ah, I see you play Red Faction.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 18, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »
Except one just create a new nation. Sure it may not be recognized by the nations of earth. But who cares! We conquered Mars! And we do not have to follow any silly UN rules or such!

(Really. Space law is not law as you usually think. There more like temporarily agreements to avoid USA and USSR to go to war over some silly space related reason.) :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 18, 2016, 04:47:33 pm »
I think I'm in Pats boat minus the me wanting humanity to perish.

Bernie was the final, desperate gasp of a dying dream, we're done imo
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1841 on: October 18, 2016, 04:52:38 pm »
I don't necessarily want humanity to perish.

But we're not making a great case for ourselves with all the major **** we keep pushing off for another generation to deal with.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1842 on: October 19, 2016, 10:04:42 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz7GaQYJ3zA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz7GaQYJ3zA</a>

Is this another Planned Parenthood fiasco or is this real? :\

"barroom talk"

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:08:57 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 19, 2016, 10:43:28 am »
Heh heh, they're really scrambling to control the damage here "He didn't do it, he had a perfectly good reason for doing it, and what he did isn't even illegal".
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 19, 2016, 12:57:34 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS40ox_2dqc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS40ox_2dqc</a>

Here's a pretty good summary of that stuff.
Watched the actual veritas videos too, and the production quality is pretty cringy but the footage they shot is pretty solid.
Apparantly there will be 2 more videos, wonder what they will be about.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.