Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 87837 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 05:32:48 pm »
Is Haseri's assessment an accurate one? I'd like to hear a second opinion just for the sake of having one. :D

The main problem with UKIP is that people too quickly bring up the whole race and nationalism thing. Their far bigger problem is the fact  that that is their sole issue. They don't have any other concrete policies - Farage says one thing; the BBC ask the person in the party actually responsible for that issue and they have to clarify that Farage may have misspoke.

Like when they gained council seats a few years ago. After those elections, my gran (a long-serving Tory Councillor) said she didn't understand why anyone would vote UKIP to their town or county council. Councils sort out bin collections and things like that, not the immigration policy for the country. Then she told the story of how a local councillor had to step down because he printed a cartoon of a Muslim being spit-roasted over a fire.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 02:13:01 am »
Yeah he's right.

Ultimatum is wrong though, the Tories will never form a coalition with UKIP, it would alienate all the swing voters that any party relies on in a FPtP system.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:31 am »
UKIP (by that I mean Nigel Farage) are popular and people are voting for them,I expect therefore that the results of the election will show this.

And while Sam is probably right about UKIP not joining in a coalition with the Conservatives,I ask this;Will the election see an end to the coalition?And if not,who is to replace the liberal democrats?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 01:04:41 pm »
Will the election see an end to the coalition?

Yes. The Lib Dems might be dumb enough do that again but won't have enough seats left for it anyway.

There's an outside chance they'd be able to make a majority coalition with Labour, but more feasibly you're looking at a Labour minority government or possible Labour/Tory coalition nightmare time-to-emigrate scenario.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 04:16:14 pm »
Labour/Tory coalition sure, yeah, of course.

Maybe enough nationalist parties and special interest groups will get seats that they can form a coalition of the damned.

UKIP/GREEN/PLAID/SNP/WHATEVER NORTHERN IRELAND HAS.

A terrifying political rainbow.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 05:19:37 pm »
So,being realistic we are looking at the Conservatives remaining in power (I don't see any major challengers from either Labour or Lib Dem to be honest)

So it's not this election but the one after that should be worth voting in

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 05:23:05 pm »
You guys are really selling me on why the two party system is bad.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 06:20:01 pm »
So,being realistic we are looking at the Conservatives remaining in power (I don't see any major challengers from either Labour or Lib Dem to be honest)

So it's not this election but the one after that should be worth voting in

Conservatives are the incumbent (so guaranteed to lose votes), and didn't have a majority to start with.

I don't know why you'd expect them to still be in government.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 03:29:17 am »
Obviously Ultimatum is a closet conservative and is wishful-thinking the Tories back in power.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 11:02:07 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6AlQiWatD4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6AlQiWatD4</a>

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:31 pm »
God gave me a gift this morning. I was eating some breakfast at work and watching TV before we opened and Ted "the man" Cruz appears and says he's running for President.

Why would the Republicans let this happen? And then I hear that Rick Perry and Rick Santorum are also going to be throwing their hats into the ring. Seriously guys? I hope you are all as stubborn as Santorum was last time and end up doing harm to the Republican effort. Jesus this is going to be another fun election. Why do people tolerate these insane ideologues? They know they'll only hurt an actual Republican candidate's chances, right?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »
If I remember correctly, they've cut down on the number of debates to try and reduce the circus that was the 2012 primaries.  Other than that, I don't think there's really a structure in place for the party to say someone can't run.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 03:54:19 pm »
The problem wasn't the number of the debates. The problem was the content of the debates.

If the candidates aren't going to debate why bother? It's a waste of airtime to have them sitting up there fielding soft ball questions that are almost meaningless.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 04:19:27 pm »
Can we get a brief rundown of who those dudes are? I know Santorum is the semen-ass-foam guy?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 05:35:18 pm »
They are all idiots that have no chance, except to potentially dilute the Republican ticket and damage their own party. :o

Rick "deregulate it!" Perry is the Governor of Texas and he's got a three-point plan to solve everything. He just can't remember that third part.

And the other guy I already forgot who he was by the time I got down to this part of my reply so that pretty much tells you that. :P