Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 224984 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #1320 on: June 06, 2016, 01:11:53 pm »
Here's some stuff on Trump's tax proposals.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/08/donald-trumps-tax-plan-primary/

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan/full

His proposals would cut taxes at all income levels, although the largest benefits, in dollar and percentage terms, would go to the highest-income households.

Chitoes, you're putting too much thought into it.  Of course white judges are fine, they're honest God-Fearing Americans!
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 06, 2016, 05:03:08 pm »
And here's Trump selling pizza.  No, I don't know why I'm posting this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmAcULPMu4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmAcULPMu4</a>

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 06, 2016, 05:06:25 pm »
haha, why was he even doing that? he hardly needed the money?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1323 on: June 06, 2016, 05:52:23 pm »
Same reason he is running for President.

Because. He. Can.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1324 on: June 06, 2016, 06:27:13 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvOZSJyXFQw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvOZSJyXFQw</a>

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 06, 2016, 06:31:19 pm »
I'm kind of with Rise, right?

I mean everyone hears the story of how Warren Buffet pays a smaller effective tax rate than his secretary, right?

Would the loopholes close it?

Honestly, someone needs to raise that capital gains tax.

Again, still in the delusion, I will be so till probably like. December....
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1326 on: June 06, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »
After this election everyone will be too busy pointing fingers at one another to get anything done.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 06, 2016, 08:37:37 pm »
I don't know if it matters because I cant tell what you're trying to say.  Both sides are bad, so Trump gets a pass for racial attacks on the judge in his fraud case?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 06, 2016, 09:06:10 pm »
i think more it isn't seen as worse?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 06, 2016, 09:07:56 pm »
AP says Hillary has secured the democratic nomination.  Sanders campaign says they're not dead yet, they don't want to go on the cart.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/ap-declares-clinton-winner-of-democratic-primary-223972

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 06, 2016, 09:10:11 pm »
counting super delegates? Does it really count?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 06, 2016, 09:24:02 pm »
Rise do you want a analyst of the tax reform? Because what was link clearly states that there reducing taxes on a larger amounts of areas. Yes there many deductions that are removed. But overall is a tax reduction. And it a tax reduction that benefit those that have money the most. I mean that why he is also talking about cutting programs to finance these tax reductions. But if you like I guess I could look up a some analyse of the thump tax policy.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 06, 2016, 09:25:07 pm »
Counts enough for the AP, ABC, NBC, Politico, BBC, etc.  She was going to lock it up tomorrow anyway.

Thump 2016.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 06, 2016, 09:38:30 pm »
I know Trump is lowering taxes overall. That was never, NEVER what I was talking about.

I'd be more inclined to believe that a lot of wealthy people, especially those wealthy enough to be politically influential, would lose more money through the closure of loopholes than they would through the lowering of their tax.

We can raise taxes later. The closure of loopholes is important.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 07, 2016, 02:06:10 am »
All right but when you talk about taxes it's really more helpful to think about the value people are getting/retaining rather than looking at just the percentages or the absolute amount of money leaving everyone's pocket.

First off it's pretty well-known and obvious that the more money you have, the less you are hurt by more of it being taken away by the tax-man. A hypothetical person on minimum wage being taxed at 10% feels that tax a lot worse than a millionaire taxed at 25%. Even a relatively low tax on the poorest fraction of people could mean the difference between being able to make rent or buy food for a month.

The other issue is the value added to the community by what those taxes pay for. Now admittedly it gets confusing in the case of the USA because of this mess of federalised taxes being levied at all sorts of levels, but lets generalise a bit.

If taxes are cut across the board, then the money needs to be found somewhere. Will closing tax loopholes be enough to cover the reduction elsewhere? It's hard to speculate because obviously the government has no figures for tax avoided through loopholes. If closing the loopholes doesn't balance out the tax cuts then either the deficit will have to increase (doesn't seem like a popular option these days) or it will have to come out of government spending. It's unlikely a Trump administration would take that money out of the military or business subsidies, so where? Healthcare? Unemployment? Infrastructure? Cutting tax by spending less money on these things hurts the poor more than the wealthy because they can't cover that difference out of their own pocket.

tl;dr - an identical cut in the tax rate across the board still manages to benefit the rich/hurt the poor because of the value that money has both in itself and as money for government programs is much greater to the poor than it is to the rich.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.